Server time (UTC): 2020-01-27, 20:10 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

DayZRP 19.12.1

so i go from prestine field vest to ruined by killing 3 zombies at same time. love the map being winter and im all for the zombies doing mroe dmg. makes it more challangeing and that i kinda like. altho the increased dmg fucks up your clothing so fast. i killed 2 zombies and had to repair 3 items. then i kill 2 more and 1 is ruined and 2 badly dmg. considering this is an rp server and some chars have special cloathing they use. they will CONSTANTLY be out looking for new cloaths becuase they get fucked up to often. most of the time you dont even get the items to repair it before hey are ruined.

Best way to avoid getting clothes damaged is by sneaking through towns, however I do still think that repair items for clothes should be a bit more common to balance the changes to zombies out slightly. Still love the winter map though, triggers me from last year.

Can we just like... remove all the zombies and the guns? Chernaurus civilian simulator 2020.

23 minutes ago, OnionRP said:

Can we just like... remove all the zombies and the guns? Chernaurus civilian simulator 2020.

Violence is not part of my good christian faith. Keep those satan devices out of my good christian dayz server

If clothing gear gets ruined too fast this should be looked into. Not everything can be hyper realistic but people (on rabies or not) hitting you with fists shouldn't ruin military grade gear, nor clothing too much, at least not after a bunch of hits.

13 minutes ago, Bell said:

Just wondering why most of the  commonly obtainable storage was removed?

Too easy to craft and it was clogging the server with the sheer numbers of them, plus enabling hoarding. Thats what I've gleaned from other replies.

Just now, Rover said:

Too easy to craft and it was clogging the server with the sheer numbers of them, plus enabling hoarding. Thats what I've gleaned from other replies.

It's so rare to obtain storage found via spawning, I feel like there should be some kind of storage made craft-able. There's nothing wrong with hoarding to some extent, after all most survivors goal is to survive and make it as easy as possible for them. 

16 minutes ago, Bell said:

It's so rare to obtain storage found via spawning, I feel like there should be some kind of storage made craft-able. There's nothing wrong with hoarding to some extent, after all most survivors goal is to survive and make it as easy as possible for them. 

Hoarding is bad because it removes the entire inventory management mechanic from the game. Setting up a base and stockpile should feel like an accomplishment, something you worked for. Not just slapping some wood storage down and filling it after a couple loot runs.

I think everything in this update is awsome but the zombie damage is way too much. I just died to glitching indoors and getting beat to death 3 times in less than 2 hours. I have over 2500 hours in this game, I know how to survive. but as many others have pointed out with the many glitches Dayz has, the damage increase just doesn't make sense. please get rid of the buff

Edited by nogem

Please fix the gear damaging, it's actually ridiculous. I get hit once, and my shit is instantly damaged. I cannot POSSIBLY find enough leather and normal sewing kits to keep repairing the things I have, it ruins any kind of armor nigh on instantly in any zombie encounter. I like the increased damage to health, but the apparel damage is just too much. 

Good update, I love it. I dunno if it's a bug but my temperature ain't changing and im just chillin in ruined capries. Anyway keep up the work.

On 12/1/2019 at 1:08 PM, Roland said:

DayZRP 19.12.1

• Tweaked M249 Recoil

Its still abit snappy at times but a huge improvement from the previous recoil,

Also love the winter map, keep up the good work lads 😄

Edited by Knightblast

7 hours ago, syconess said:

Hoarding is bad because it removes the entire inventory management mechanic from the game. Setting up a base and stockpile should feel like an accomplishment, something you worked for. Not just slapping some wood storage down and filling it after a couple loot runs.

Yeah that's all good and fine, and it is pretty difficult to make a base as is with nails being pretty hard to find ( at least in my experience) but it's almost not possible to make the accomplishment, because it's so hard to find any storage at all, which is why I recommended a mod here that would make that a little better.

Can we get more wolves? the cold temp would drive them to wonder around more for food so it would make sense that we would see more. plus they are more fun then zombies.

21 hours ago, NukaRuka said:

Please fix the gear damaging, it's actually ridiculous. I get hit once, and my shit is instantly damaged. I cannot POSSIBLY find enough leather and normal sewing kits to keep repairing the things I have, it ruins any kind of armor nigh on instantly in any zombie encounter. I like the increased damage to health, but the apparel damage is just too much. 

Mostly agree with this. I'm spending the entire time repairing my stuff instead of doing something interesting. Only finding stuff to repair my stuff is causing other stuff to break... it's endless.

If we're concerned about hoarding, stuff constantly breaking is a major reason to hoard.

The health and damage buff is still too high.

I agree with the above statements about repair. But I find that it's nearly impossible to find any repair items, whereas before it was too easy to find them.

So, 5 lives later, this cold is just absolutely atrocious.

You spawn in already essentially minutes to being cold, clothing barely spawns properly, can't ever find a knife to even make fires (and even if this was the case I'd have to stop every 15 minutes just to stay warm), and don't even start about nighttime, where even having good clothing (hunter jacket, gloves, hat, and mask) still makes your temperature plummet.

This shit makes The Long Dark look like a Florida vacation, like seriously? To hell with even trying to get a look going or find RP, I spent literally 5 hours just running from house to house in hopes I find whatever I need to make a fire, failing, dying of hypothermia, respawning, and having it all happen again and again.

PLEASE just change SOMETHING about it. Increase various clothing's temperature values, increase daytime temperatures some, make heatpacks better (because they don't even work right now from the last 5 I've used), anything.

EDIT: Oh yeah and clothing shop items have their full values so you can just P2W your survival with an M65 and some other clothing. So good to see the item shop's working exactly as planned.

Edited by Exio

2 minutes ago, Exio said:

So, 5 lives later, this cold is just absolutely atrocious.

You spawn in already essentially minutes to being cold, clothing barely spawns properly, can't ever find a knife to even make fires (and even if this was the case I'd have to stop every 15 minutes just to stay warm), and don't even start about nighttime, where even having good clothing (hunter jacket, gloves, hat, and mask) still makes your temperature plummet.

This shit makes The Long Dark look like a Florida vacation, like seriously? To hell with even trying to get a look going or find RP, I spent literally 5 hours just running from house to house in hopes I find whatever I need to make a fire, failing, dying of hypothermia, respawning, and having it all happen again and again.

PLEASE just change SOMETHING about it. Increase various clothing's temperature values, increase daytime temperatures some, make heatpacks better (because they don't even work right now from the last 5 I've used), anything.

Adding on to this, people who have spent money on the clothing shop (such as myself) have a distinct advantage to those who don't as they can spawn warm clothing like Radar Caps, M65's, gloves, etc and already have perfectly warm clothing on spawn, whereas someone who does not want to do this, simply has to put up with a shitty hoodie and jeans, which, as Exio stated, is not even remotely warm enough and you are already freezing within 10 minutes.

Temperatures need some form of adjustment.

8 minutes ago, JasonBR said:

Adding on to this, people who have spent money on the clothing shop (such as myself) have a distinct advantage to those who don't as they can spawn warm clothing like Radar Caps, M65's, gloves, etc and already have perfectly warm clothing on spawn, whereas someone who does not want to do this, simply has to put up with a shitty hoodie and jeans, which, as Exio stated, is not even remotely warm enough and you are already freezing within 10 minutes.

Temperatures need some form of adjustment.

Isnt the radar cap free though? It should warm your temperature to its normal state and keep you warm. I could be wrong but when I died the other day I respawned and used the free radar cap and it kept me warm and didnt freeze. Like i said I could be wrong

9 minutes ago, BackInNam said:

Isnt the radar cap free though? It should warm your temperature to its normal state and keep you warm. I could be wrong but when I died the other day I respawned and used the free radar cap and it kept me warm and didnt freeze. Like i said I could be wrong

Radar cap was a bad example but the point still stands with the M65

Add a knife to spawn-in?

1 hour ago, JasonBR said:

Radar cap was a bad example but the point still stands with the M65

Ah i getcha, maybe perhaps if the spawn time for the radar cap was reduced when buying it from the item shop that would solve peoples problems with spawning in and that such or just outright spawn with it?

5 hours ago, Exio said:

-snip-

I myself enjoy the added toughness of survival. If there is a heavy rain, it should be the best to stay inside, it makes sense. 

However, some clothing warmth values seem to be off, as if you are sitting inside a house during a late summer rainstorm, you should not get cold while having a jacket on. If the jacket is wet, then ofc. you should get hypothermia fairly fast. 

While I was playing my temperature never dropped to dark blue (where you start loosing health) as long as I stayed inside during the heavy rain and kept moving when ever it was dropping. I had the hoodie and the jeans on. After switching to a peacoat I was getting colder for some reason though. 

To sum up, I'd like for the harsh survival aspects to stay, but maybe check that the clothings warmth parameters are consistent thoroughly.

Zombies taking multiple THICCC caliber .338 shots to the body before they die is a bit silly. Still, I wouldn't mind it as much since I love sneaking around, but at the same time, the respawn rate is atrociously high for the Zombos. You knife one or two without their buddies realizing and two minutes later they have respawned in triplicate.