Jump to content
Server time (UTC): 2020-01-25, 06:38 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

DayZRP 19.12.1

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Crimson_Tiger said:

Please tell me these will be coming to the store. I'd love to BUY them before the SALE ends. 

I have provided screenshots for Rolle, so it could end up there very soon, with the exception of the Helmet and the Vest

Share this post


Link to post

I am currently Red HOT. May have broke something.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Roland said:

Zombie health and damage has been doubled to add more challenge

Deploying T-800s to Chernarus 

Share this post


Link to post

Zombie damage and health are way too brutal. The temperature change as is makes playing a fresh spawn more of a luck of the draw than fun.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, dawsonpark said:

Just.... no....

I'm certain that most of the people playing this game still have been playing for 100's of hours and know how to deal with basically any amount of zombies. This change isn't going to make the zombies any more "challenging," it's just going to make them more annoying. Zombies in their current form are useless, and tweaking them slightly isn't going to help. The problem lies in BI's hands since the main problems with the zombies is the clipping, AI, and path-finding.

 

I agree with this completely. I found it felt like i was beating a lifeless sack of meat. Most zombie interactions are 1 on 1 and if you are any good at all you will never get hit because the players attack speed is quite fast. So all the health increase did was was make zombies a monotonous inconvenience. I don't know how much freedom you have with editing the zombies but i would suggest trying to increase their sensitivity to sound and field of view. I feel the only strength they have is in their numbers. So if you could get more zombies to see/hear the player it would cause the player to fight off a small horde or retreat from the area and approach quietly. (not marathon running house to house for loot.) 

 

The temperature system works great in my opinion. I read a few people complaining their character was freezing while wearing sweater, jacket, ect. I'm going to take a wild guess and say this was at night. My guy was also freezing during the night. But if realism is what you are going for then it's not to far fetched. I hunt in real life and it don't matter how much you bundle up. Once that sun goes down in the dead of winter. The cold will creep though your layers and suck the life out of you. I found it engaging knowing i had to have the equipment for a fire or i wasn't going to make it though the night. 

Edited by syconess

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Tony78 said:

Double damage / health zombies are a bit ridiculous, maybe 1.5 would be better?

still too much. maybe if you do one or the other. but not both at that rate.

Share this post


Link to post

Might check it out, it has been a while... missed winter mod 😎👍

Edited by Shanoby

Share this post


Link to post

@Roland Double damage on zombos works quite nicely making them much more of a threat. However the double health, whilst I see and understand the reasoning behind that decision I would suggest returning the health to x1. Whilst dangerous, zombos should be easy to kill, not monotonously stab one in the head 9 times to kill it. However I agree that getting hit by one should be double, if not x3 damage. Making a pack of 4 or 5 a RUN situation.

Kisses xxx

Edited by OnionRP

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, dawsonpark said:

Just.... no....

I'm certain that most of the people playing this game still have been playing for 100's of hours and know how to deal with basically any amount of zombies. This change isn't going to make the zombies any more "challenging," it's just going to make them more annoying. Zombies in their current form are useless, and tweaking them slightly isn't going to help. The problem lies in BI's hands since the main problems with the zombies is the clipping, AI, and path-finding.

Some of us are just starting. I have barely used any firearms and am not sure I hit anything but air, as I had help when using mine for the first time... please, think of the newbies! I will not be logging in as long as this is active I think as I will just die... repeatedly. I am pretty sure.

Share this post


Link to post

@Roland The tweaking would make sense if we actually had a game that could support such changes, but we don't. Here is why.

The cold system in DayZ doesn't work at all. Not all cloths offer the correct cold protection. Some that should make you warm don't really do that and some that you'd probably freeze in are good enough to sit in the middle of the snow with. Now this can all be worked with, it's not the end of the world. But then it rains/snows and that's when the real shit starts. DayZ used to have cloths like raincoats protecting you from such weather. However, as we all know the development of this game is bipolar. Currently no such system is in place. So when it starts raining/snowing and you put on a raincoat you'll be drenched in water. This leads to extreme cold which leads to me having to sit in a room and more than likely log off.

As for the infected, usually they are ok to deal with. Until you pull up on one and instead of hitting it in its face you slide through it, making it harder to kill and resulting in getting a few hits yourself. Or you open a door and now your gravitational field is stuck to it and the 2 easy to kill zeds are now feasting on your dead stuck in a door body. Increasing both the health and the damage makes those game issues stand out even more. And I am not even mentioning that with the damage increase zombies can hit you just a few times before putting you uncon which means you are dead.

Overall those changes would make sense in a game with proper mechanics. We are playing DayZ.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

@Roland The tweaking would make sense if we actually had a game that could support such changes, but we don't. Here is why.

The cold system in DayZ doesn't work at all. Not all cloths offer the correct cold protection. Some that should make you warm don't really do that and some that you'd probably freeze in are good enough to sit in the middle of the snow with. Now this can all be worked with, it's not the end of the world. But then it rains/snows and that's when the real shit starts. DayZ used to have cloths like raincoats protecting you from such weather. However, as we all know the development of this game is bipolar. Currently no such system is in place. So when it starts raining/snowing and you put on a raincoat you'll be drenched in water. This leads to extreme cold which leads to me having to sit in a room and more than likely log off.

As for the infected, usually they are ok to deal with. Until you pull up on one and instead of hitting it in its face you slide through it, making it harder to kill and resulting in getting a few hits yourself. Or you open a door and now your gravitational field is stuck to it and the 2 easy to kill zeds are now feasting on your dead stuck in a door body. Increasing both the health and the damage makes those game issues stand out even more. And I am not even mentioning that with the damage increase zombies can hit you just a few times before putting you uncon which means you are dead.

Overall those changes would make sense in a game with proper mechanics. We are playing DayZ.

I 100% agree with this. I have been freezing me bollocks off all night and my good friend @GMAK unfortunately died a few times. To survive the cold I had to carry a boiling hot 100 degree Celsius bowl of stew in my jacket which kept me at a moderate temperature. But all of this was when it wasn't even raining yet so I can only imagine the horrors of the rain.

Share this post


Link to post

I say keep the zombie health up but lower the attack damage. As for the cold, that does need to be tweaked. Perhaps make it a bit warmer during the day when not raining. 

Share this post


Link to post

The adjustments to zombies health and damage doesn't really add any entertainment value, the only difference is that you now have to slash at them with your knife 20 times instead of 5 times all while they are stun-locked or you're glitching right through them.

I noticed while playing on Deer Isle that the zombie spawn rate was way higher than Chernarus. Shooting in towns would mean you basically had a horde after you (30-40+ zombies?) which made you feel like you really had to use your bullets on them as there was so many melee just wasn't an option and running around in circles or trapping them in buildings became a bit more difficult and unrealistic, they weren't really a deadly threat but definitely an obstacle that made the world feel a bit more like an apocalypse.

I remember experiencing an admin spawned horde at a settlement back in the dayzrp mod days years ago. At least 100+ zombies coming right towards the compound and everyone inside banding together to take out a common threat. I was reminded of that very moment constantly while playing Deer Isle, that amount of zombies added an RP element IMO.

Edited by Scrxts

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, AndreyQ said:

@Roland The tweaking would make sense if we actually had a game that could support such changes, but we don't. Here is why.

The cold system in DayZ doesn't work at all. Not all cloths offer the correct cold protection. Some that should make you warm don't really do that and some that you'd probably freeze in are good enough to sit in the middle of the snow with. Now this can all be worked with, it's not the end of the world. But then it rains/snows and that's when the real shit starts. DayZ used to have cloths like raincoats protecting you from such weather. However, as we all know the development of this game is bipolar. Currently no such system is in place. So when it starts raining/snowing and you put on a raincoat you'll be drenched in water. This leads to extreme cold which leads to me having to sit in a room and more than likely log off.

As for the infected, usually they are ok to deal with. Until you pull up on one and instead of hitting it in its face you slide through it, making it harder to kill and resulting in getting a few hits yourself. Or you open a door and now your gravitational field is stuck to it and the 2 easy to kill zeds are now feasting on your dead stuck in a door body. Increasing both the health and the damage makes those game issues stand out even more. And I am not even mentioning that with the damage increase zombies can hit you just a few times before putting you uncon which means you are dead.

Overall those changes would make sense in a game with proper mechanics. We are playing DayZ.

Yes. This is a perfect explanation.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, AndreyQ said:

@Roland The tweaking would make sense if we actually had a game that could support such changes, but we don't. Here is why.

The cold system in DayZ doesn't work at all. Not all cloths offer the correct cold protection. Some that should make you warm don't really do that and some that you'd probably freeze in are good enough to sit in the middle of the snow with. Now this can all be worked with, it's not the end of the world. But then it rains/snows and that's when the real shit starts. DayZ used to have cloths like raincoats protecting you from such weather. However, as we all know the development of this game is bipolar. Currently no such system is in place. So when it starts raining/snowing and you put on a raincoat you'll be drenched in water. This leads to extreme cold which leads to me having to sit in a room and more than likely log off.

As for the infected, usually they are ok to deal with. Until you pull up on one and instead of hitting it in its face you slide through it, making it harder to kill and resulting in getting a few hits yourself. Or you open a door and now your gravitational field is stuck to it and the 2 easy to kill zeds are now feasting on your dead stuck in a door body. Increasing both the health and the damage makes those game issues stand out even more. And I am not even mentioning that with the damage increase zombies can hit you just a few times before putting you uncon which means you are dead.

Overall those changes would make sense in a game with proper mechanics. We are playing DayZ.

Bean the shit out of this, because this is what we need.

 

And if the zombie damage wont go down, could we at least get an increase in repair item spawns like duct tape and sewing kits? I get the point is to be a challenge but I walked from Berezino to tisy to Novo back to Berezino and found 0 duct tape. At a certain point, it just gets tiresome.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Ducky said:

o/ 

Hello everyone, below are a few spoilers with the sets I have made.

Black OREL:

  Reveal hidden contents

20191112045702_1.jpg.3a6c87c1bec8df66ffaed30a9b5764fe.jpg20191112045724_1.jpg.4a2ef5c28f94ccb7b036c8e27c52ae37.jpg

 

Black Police:

  Reveal hidden contents

20191112193010_1.jpg.bfa71a89a4bfb255aa83d3805983c894.jpg20191112193031_1.jpg.34cdd46510b4658dde6de4f169737e4c.jpg

 

Winter TTsKO:

  Reveal hidden contents

20191112181301_1.jpg.f930d75bcb8c6b9798b6ebd9433a7842.jpg

 

White Gorka:

  Reveal hidden contents

20191130151540_1.jpg.579a09d9f83feb5cf4ce4eeecc00ade8.jpg

 

White Raincoat:

  Reveal hidden contents

20191130152641_1.jpg.f6b987778e07cbc3aeea72b8b8aee5cb.jpg

 

It all looks really good, is there anyway a variant of the TTsKO jacket without the emblem be added too? 

Share this post


Link to post

The Cold is fine and easy to deal with,

The infect double health and damage is an issue, with how glitchy the infected currently are, I would prefer it to be reverted, I don't like having to take up to 16 combat knife hits to an infected before they drop. 

Just my preference after playing a bit today. 

Share this post


Link to post

Patch has been updated, main post updated:

  • Zombie damage has been altered and is depending on zombie type:
    • Civilian female zombies hit least (like in vanilla DayZ)
    • Civilian male zombies hit moderately (50% more than vanilla DayZ)
    • Soldier zombies hit most (100% more than vanilla DayZ)
  • Temperature has been slightly increased
  • All players now spawn with a heatpack
  • Zombies are approximately 25% slower because of the cold

None of this was tested BTW, it's a shot in the dark by changing config files 😄

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Roland said:
  • Civilian female zombies hit least (like in vanilla DayZ)
  • Civilian male zombies hit moderately (50% more than vanilla DayZ)

Wow. This is sexism!

7 minutes ago, Roland said:

All players now spawn with a heatpack

I don't actually think it works IG but it's the thought that counts.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Roland said:

Patch has been updated, main post updated:

  • Zombie damage has been altered and is depending on zombie type:
    • Civilian female zombies hit least (like in vanilla DayZ)
    • Civilian male zombies hit moderately (50% more than vanilla DayZ)
    • Soldier zombies hit most (100% more than vanilla DayZ)
  • Temperature has been slightly increased
  • All players now spawn with a heatpack
  • Zombies are approximately 25% slower because of the cold

Think that is a good improvement gg 

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

I don't actually think it works IG but it's the thought that counts.

I tested heatpacks a few days before the patch hit and they work fine 👍

Share this post


Link to post

Honestly a taste towards modifying different zombie types is a plus + from me 👍

Good stuff @Roland

Share this post


Link to post

Decrease the temps, not increase.

I'm sweating like Rolf Harris at trial over here.

 

Share this post


Link to post

The zombies still seem very tough, especially considering the weather-- before a zombie could take you down if you were unlucky due to bleeding. A few zombies were a threat. Gunshots drew more zombies, it was definitely bad and could ruin your clothes.

Now the zombies are stronger while it's cold (doesn't make a lot of sense to me) and even one can be a challenge to kill without getting some clothes ruined. Ruined clothes means it'll get even colder. Just travelling from one part of town I've had two items badly damaged and I only encountered four zombies or so. I really think the buffs weren't nessescary. The cold / winter map is awesome though!

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...