Server time (UTC): 2020-09-30, 03:21
Sign in to follow this  
Jackfish

Unnecessary Post appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): Knipsel.PNG

Why the verdict is not fair: I tagged a friend in a thread that would be relevant for him, yet I got unnecessary post points. Let me explain the full story below..

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: So I was just enjoying my night when I suddenly saw this thread. I was shocked to see that we couldn't fix wellies. While tears ran down my face I  thought about a good friend of mine, @Ryan Shepherd is his name. Some might say he is my boyfriend but that is not relevant to this appeal. Since @Ryan Shepherd always wears wellies I wanted him to see the thread ASAP so I tagged him in the thread so he could vote for a better Chernarus. A couple minutes later mr. @Crimson_Tiger was sitting behind his computer and was scouting out the website for dirty rule breakers. He looked at my post and he was disgusted. Instead of giving a caution he decided to shoot points at me. He did not shoot me once in the leg but he shot me 3 times in the chest (3 warning points). I fell to my knees while staring at @Crimson_TigerI tried to speak but words didn't come out, I died. 

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: The points I got from mr. @Crimson_Tiger removed.

What could you have done better?: I have no idea. I did not know I couldn't tag friends in threads that are relevant to them. 

Edited by Jackfish

Hello @Jackfish,

A separate team of staff members have reviewed your appeal and have come to the conclusion to deny it.

The post you made was very unnecessary, and added nothing to the discussion. What you could've done in addition to tagging Ryan was to explain a bit why, for example "Check this out Ryan, you should support this suggestion as wellies is your favourite equipment", or something along those lines.

This isn't Facebook or Instagram. We require our posts to have a higher standard, as per rule 1.5.

1.5 Do not reply to old threads with no new relevant information (also known as "necro"). The general rule is that all threads with last reply older than 3 months should not be replied to unless one responds with new, relevant information. Forum posts must keep a high standard and add a constructive and meaningful opinion that contributes to the thread at hand. Examples of non-constructive and non-contributing replies are simple and meaningless expressions like "lol", jokes, memes, banter or replies containing only pictures, gifs or other unrelated media. Off topic forums and status updates are the only areas on the website exempt from this rule.

In addition to this your whole appeal seems like a meme. Please keep things serious in the future.

Appeal denied.

Signed @Hofer & @Rover