Server time (UTC): 2020-08-03, 11:37
Sign in to follow this  
Ron

Internal GM Recording

So in this sexy verdict of @Hofer I saw situations being partially judged by "internal recordings" of the GM team. I noticed that the video itself is not shown in the report, ofc because you guys don't show the powerful tools. I can understand that.
Here is my thoughts:
The transparency (including the work of the GM's) of the process in the report is suffering from this. One gets to read like "yeah we saw this was rule break X - but we don't show a recording of the situation". People who gain a general understanding of the rules by going through report content - seeing certain situations, reading explanations and co - will miss out. People who find themselves in a reported situation might fail to understand,  what went on if they don't get to see the whole picture, they are judged for. Imo, another issue is the gap between staff and community members growing through this lack of information, the Game Master team base their decisions / opinions on.

Is there a way - like you do it in the stream - to create a banner or whatever, to hide the tools and show a "Staff POV" in verdicts in future? I'm asking @Roland to reply pls and hope that also the admins & GM's take note of this.

EDIT after answer: solving reports quicker (looking at the amount of gm's) > transparency regarding report processes is a shame, imo. Anyways thank you for taking the time to answer my question rolle. 

Edited by Ron

I agree, it would be beneficial for transparency.

However, the extra effort required to edit the videos and cut/cover the sensitive information does not justify adding such a requirement IMO. It will only slow things down from an already lengthy process of getting a report verdicted, while contributing nothing to the final outcome. The ultimate goal is to solve reports quicker - within a day at most - and adding this prevents that from happening.

Sign in to follow this