Server time (UTC): 2020-01-29, 12:49 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Fuhqnugget

Blood Trails

Should Blood Effects + Physics be added  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just saw a mod that adds better blood effects as well as creates a blood trail for bleeding targets. This includes both players and animals. Would make hinting more realistic and would bring more life to RP in interesting ways. Such as a battle where the victors follow a blood traila and someone pleads for their life. 

Edit: Forgot to ask how the mod would effect server performance and such. I put this up right before I went to sleep 😅 

Edited by Fuhqnugget

The Mod was tried once and it caused server issues, from what I understand. I was not impressed with it to begin with either. I'd fine with what we have now. 

We tried this and it was buggy and made the server lag and looked awful

3 hours ago, Fuhqnugget said:

Just saw a mod that adds better blood effects as well as creates a blood trail for bleeding targets. This includes both players and animals. Would make hinting more realistic and would bring more life to RP in interesting ways. Such as a battle where the victors follow a blood traila and someone pleads for their life. 

I recall punching a zombie once, and the wall behind it exploding in gore like a kill bill movie.
Also, punching one near a fence and a sheet of blood just laying on the fence.

It looked pretty terrible.

i say yes. 
when it was implemented i didnt see many issues with it

No. 

The problem with this mod is that it affects server performance seriously, since all blood splatters are elements tracked by the server and persist for a while. It was removed and helped greatly the performance. 

Also it did look ugly and a bit buggy since splatters would stand in the air... 

As decent as it looks it's still not finished at all.

That's what my worries were with the mod. 

Would there be a way to disable the 'blood splatter' effects and instead just use blood trails? The gore looks horrible and is pointless and honestly looks more unrealistic, but the blood trails look great. If we could decrease the time that these trails last for as well it might assist the server performance change with it as well.

The blood trails are really the only thing that would assist with RP. The blood mist would help with knowing if you hit, but honestly isnt needed. @Ducky do you think disabling many portions of this mod would be possible?

Edited by Fuhqnugget

6 minutes ago, Fuhqnugget said:

Would there be a way to disable the 'blood splatter' effects and instead just use blood trails? The gore looks horrible and is pointless and honestly looks more unrealistic, but the blood trails look great. If we could decrease the time that these trails last for as well it might assist the server performance change with it as well.

The blood trails are really the only thing that would assist with RP. The blood mist would help with knowing if you hit, but honestly isnt needed. @Ducky do you think disabling many portions of this mod would be possible?

That is the responsibility of the one who made the mod, unless they give permissions to our devs to meddle with the code and modify it, then there's no way. 

17 minutes ago, Fuhqnugget said:

I haven't looked into it, but I imagine it is possible.

It sounds like a lot of work for a very small and basic feature though.

Just now, Ducky said:

I haven't looked into it, but I imagine it is possible.

It sounds like a lot of work for a very small and basic feature though.

True, but if the people are into it it might be worth a try 🤷‍♂️ idk.