Server time (UTC): 2020-01-18, 07:27 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Scott Fynch

87.8 Open freq medical call.

*Cass picks up his radio, a few tears rolling down his cheek as he pulls the covers closer to his chin:*

"Hey, anyone out there? It's been a shit day and i have a couple thoughts to share. I could also use some medical attention. Shit went down today and im still shaking. I cant get the images out of my head, nor the blood out of my clothes. If anyone is there, please confirm..."

*Cass waits a solid half hour for a response before succumbing to exhaustion.*

Edited by Scott Fynch

*Drew presses the PTT*

Ehm, shit, I'm a couples hours away from being able to help anyone. I can come help in...i dunno...six hours? If you're around then I'd be more than happy to come help.

*He releases the PTT*

*Cass is almost lulled to sleep by the static of his own radio. He's suddenly jolted awake by the sound of another human in the room. He sits up, grabs the radio, and anxiously presses down the PTT: *

"Uh yeah, sure thing. I'd really appreciate it. Listen, I've got mates here, theyre pretty friendly but they went through the same shit as well. Just tell Damian and Sean you're heal to help Cass. I should be there around then as well. I'm in lopatino"

*Letting go of the PTT, Cass twists the knob on his alarm clock for 6 hours. He lays his head back to his pillow, "Please. I need some luck for once, please." He mutters to himself, slowly drifting back to sleep.*

Edited by Scott Fynch

*Dr. River takes to the radio after hearing the man in trouble* 

Greetings. My name is Doctor River. I can try to locate you, maybe tomorrow and assist you in your injuries or anything else. I am currently up North at the moment but can head down to find you tomorrow when I am free. If you head anywhere in the meantime, let me know and I can head to that location to find you. 

*Dr. River releases the PTT* 

*Brendan speaks over the frequency after being told about the mans call for help, picking up some of the responses*

Sounds like there’s a few good people to help with your wounds. Just in case, I’ll have one of my people keep an ear out on this frequency, I’d be happy to help if you need me. I have a psychiatrist back at camp as well, if you want I can send him your way when he gets a chance. Names Brendan by the way. Hope all turns out ok for you. 

*Brendan passes the radio off to someone nearby, hurrying back down the stairs*

*with a heavy, exhausted tone in his voice, Cass picks up the radio*

"I'm sorry to disturb you all after a call for help, I seem to have gotten myself stuck in a horde. I'm currently sitting around a bus stop surrounded by 12 of the undead. Food and water are running low. Don't know how long I'm going to make it. If you can make your way to lopatino, I'd heavily be in your debt."

*Cass puts the radio in his bag, looks towards the church, and starts praying for a way out*

Edited by Scott Fynch

Brendan's voice breaks the static

"I'm relatively close, I'll start heading there as soon as I gather some supplies from camp. Stay safe."

A bag being tossed can be heard as the radio cuts out

Brendan's voice comes over the radio again

"To everyone who was concerned about the man, he'll be alright. He's at our camp now recovering. If any of his friends need to reach out to him, his radio is off but I'll relay messages."

*Drew picks up the radio*

Does he still need any medical attention? Or do you have him covered? From his original transmission it seems most of his problems are psychiatric, which I am no proffessional in.

*Cass picks up his radio, his glossy red eyes inflammed from his tears. With shaky hands he holds down his PTT*

"As fine as can be I guess... *sniffles* *stuttery breaths* Those voices are starting to sound so tempting though. They're so soft. Comforting. Everything here hurts, only suffering. Maybe it's time to go."

*He throws his radio from the rooftop, looking to the ground below, wondering if the fall is far enough. He waits, enjoying his final sunrise* 

*drew sighs before pressing the ptt*

Doctor River If you are still monitoring this frequency, my name is Doctor Drew Williams, we spoke briefly a few months back. If anyone in your team is a psychiatrist or therapist i reccomend you send them to this man. Times like these, we need to save all the lives we can.

*he releases the ptt*

*Having time to thinks things through, Cass climbs down from the roof and grabs his radio. Pressing the PTT, he pleads for help.*

"I just can't anymore. I don't have the balls to do it. But I don't want to continue on anymore. This world is so fucked up and I hate it. The people, nature, undead, all of it. Im at The Second Chance's base. I don't know where to go to leave, but I need to get out of here. Please, someone just make this all stop."

*He lets go of the PTT and rests his forehead against the wall. He's lost it. Nothing matters, everythings hurts.*

Edited by Scott Fynch

*Dr. River takes his radio to hand and presses the PTT* 

"I don't know of a camp of the 'Second Chance'. Do you have a location for this place so I can meet you? I'd like to speak with you. 

*He takes a second before continuing*

"Ah, I cant say I remember meeting you Drew. You might have to tell me where we met and what the cause was, if we ever meet again.."

*He releases the PTT as he packs his bag to head South.*

*He presses the PTT*

We never actually met in person, we spoke over the radio in regards to making a new leg. As for this camp, I believe the place it is likely closest to is either Lopatino or somewhere in the midportion of the province.

*He releases the PTT

*Brendan’s voice breaks the static*

The location of our camp isn’t something we like to broadcast, we all have our enemies as I’m sure you understand. Cass will be resting for a few days, he was pretty banged up by the runners. Our psychiatrist will speak with him once he’s recovered a bit. If you’d like to see him yourself, I can let you know when he’s up and moving and meet you at Green Mountain. Hope to be hearing from you, it’s good to hear others caring for strangers out here.”

*Static returns*