Server time (UTC): 2020-08-06, 00:43
Sign in to follow this  
Joe

PowerGaming appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 
giphy.gif

Why the verdict is not fair: Mainly because it seems very unnecessary to give a 3 day ban for forcing someone to see something. A warning could of worked.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: Hello, I have just purchased diamond the other day and decided to use the Radio Broadcast feature. I put in "[RADIO BROADCAST]: You would see multiple helicopters with U.N symbols flying above you, behind them a full black apache helicopter"  and @Rover the cute moderator he is jumped right onto it and ended up giving me a 3 day ban for it.. I was hurt, I'll be honest. I was just letting everyone know ICLY that the UN was here. As they are thanks to @JewRP the new leader of the U.N after @YNW Jasper stepped down.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:  I would like the points to stay but the ban to be taken away, because in the past it's been said by loremasters that the U.N has helicopters, so I thought it would make sense that after we said we left via helicopters when we last archived the group we returned via helicopters.  

What could you have done better?: Could of just said "Hello this is the U.N we're back, don't ask us how we arrived, it's classified."

Edited by Joe

Hello @Joe,

A separate team of staff has reviewed your appeal and come to the conclusion of denial.

Without Lore Master or staff approval, you forced a major lore event of United Nations helicopters flying over Chernarus onto an entire server.  This a textbook example of Power Gaming, leading Game Masters @Rover and @Fae to punish you accordingly.  Broadcasts and decisions revolving around lore factions and events such as this are the responsibility of the Lore Master team to approve and conduct.  Because you failed to consult with and are not a Lore Master, your punishment will be upheld.  In the future, you must communicate with our Lore Master team when wishing to conduct broadcasts or events like this.

With that said,
Appeal denied.  Ban and points remain.

Signed by @Peril & @Inferno