Server time (UTC): 2020-01-21, 15:36 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Dodge

Choose your spawnpoint

Should we be able to choose our spawn points?  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not sure if this has been suggested before but I couldn't find a thread for it. Anyways what if when you die a menu pops up and a list of areas/options are available to spawn to? And you can't spawn where you died prior obviously for NLR. And if that's not good enough make the option available for a certain rank.

It's a cool idea and I wouldn't mind trying it out, but I could also see how this could be a serious point of contention among the community. 

PLEASE

Game's enough of a running simulator as is without being able to freely choose a location close to where my friends are. Positional logs will prove NLR.

After playing alot of ArkRP servers, i personally think being able to at the very least choose from the default spawn locations should be a standard. It cuts out so much tedium with little to no negative repercussions. Loot is irrelevant and NLR is respected regardless of where people spawn. No brainier if you ask me.

I'm all for this, occasionally I get fucked by a glitch and end up on the other side of the map from my friends. I run enough as is so it would be a great system to implement so people can get back into their roleplay quicker.

I see literally no reason not to implement such thing... kinda nulls out the randomness and can fuck the loot of everyone uses the cherno spawn since it’s easiest to get to the NW that way. 

I agree with this.

coastal spawns sure.

could be abused very easily for easy loot gain rather than less running. Here's a tip, don't die so often....

I understand the idea, however I believe this would be abused more than used for something actual useful.

People would spawn close to the best loot spawns to get their gear quicker, and return to whatever they were doing before. It would remove even another part of the survival element in the game.

19 minutes ago, Hofer said:

I understand the idea, however I believe this would be abused more than used for something actual useful.

People would spawn close to the best loot spawns to get their gear quicker, and return to whatever they were doing before. It would remove even another part of the survival element in the game.

or you can just make all of the spawns equally far from the airfield while not being all the way on the coast

1 hour ago, Hofer said:

Isn't that the point though? Whilst obviously DayZ is primarily a survival game, we're playing on an roleplay server, surely the ability to gear up faster and therefore get into RP quicker is better. 

Edited by Queerios

5 minutes ago, Queerios said:

Isn't that the point though? Whilst obviously DayZ is primarily a survival game, we're playing on an roleplay server, surely the ability to gear up faster and therefore get into RP quicker is better. 

We are playing on a roleplaying server. But you don't need gear to roleplay, do you?

Of course you need the basics, food and drinks and a melee weapon, but that's found in the first shack and house usually.

No from me ,I guess it may lead tons of cluster reports , during or after gunfights it may turn something into endless, because when i see new spawned people around ; mostly they have emergency to go their friends after they knocked out(killed in action). Noone should remember something about past event that they get knocked out as i know. But very few of community play like that. If gameplay mechanism give players spawnpoints , it will not worth something except fast arming back and take vengeance as soon as possible. 

(Out of subject)In my opinion when you spawn , you should stop what you were RP'ing because you need forget and keep explore and find someone to rp with nearby until you reach out your friends.

Edited by Burak
blue lines

I think this could be useful but I do think the spawn points should be spread out away from the airfield. It certainly does suck having to run from the east coast all the way to the North Western part of the map where my group resides. Especially when dying to a glitch. So +1

Ignoring the yes/no on whether this should be implemented or not, a better question is:

CAN this even be implemented? Is there a mod doing this? Does Bohemia even allow for something like this to be done, with how the game is set up? 

I don't know myself, but if someone that wants it hear does and can chime in I'd appreciate it! Knowing how it works and providing an example might be a good idea. Unfortunately a lot of stuff that we'd like to have simply can't easily be done. 

Yeahhhh, no.
The spawns are fine.
This would have people breaking NLR even more because they think the staff aren't paying attention + people will just spawn closest to NWAF/VMC/Tisy to get gear.

It takes out the survival element of it as well.
I'm a big no-no on this one, and I doubt it can even be done?

I don't see this being a good addition at all. Aside from the fact that most people will opt to spawn closest to military locations for their 5.56mm RP dispensers, it will also cause a lot of rule skirting (and sometimes blatant) rule breaking. The only 'objective' benefit (because let's face it, that's exactly what's going to happen. You might as well remove every single spawn point on the south and east coast as well as most spawn points more to the east because nobody is going to pick those) would be that you'd be able to spawn near your friends so you can link up faster.

10 hours ago, Dodge said:

And if that's not good enough make the option available for a certain rank.

This is straight up a in-game advantage that should not be able to be paid for. I can somewhat get behind priority queue because all that does is allow people that feel like dumping the cash for it to get into the server quicker, but this would very much be paying for a game mechanic advantage. I most certainly hope the community doesn't go down that road.

32 minutes ago, Rover said:

CAN this even be implemented? Is there a mod doing this? Does Bohemia even allow for something like this to be done, with how the game is set up? 

Simple answer yes all PvP servers have this.

Would be cool to have this but for approved groups if people abuse it simply ban them.

2 minutes ago, Kenyi said:

This is straight up a in-game advantage that should not be able to be paid for. I can somewhat get behind priority queue because all that does is allow people that feel like dumping the cash for it to get into the server quicker, but this would very much be paying for a game mechanic advantage. I most certainly hope the community doesn't go down that road.

Bean for you. I would consider this monetizing an in game advantage, even if its somewhat borderline. If its around, it should be around for everyone.

2 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Simple answer yes all PvP servers have this.

Would be cool to have this but for approved groups if people abuse it simply ban them.

Thank you! Literally only ever played on DayZ RP, so wasn't sure.

If this is something that can be done, I'm not against it. I can see issues arising however if players know where spawn points are; For example, setting up a base near or in a spawn point because they know they can quick-spawn next to it.

Or hell, a group walling off a spawn point because there are no rules against it and they want to test what will happen. People love to do this sort of thing. 

On its face I'm not against it, but it would need to be mitigated to prevent people from abusing it. And given that would nullify the main reason for having it, not sure if there is much of a point.

No, simply because Staff would need to monitor for rule breaks or people will be running into active FFs to break NLR and no one would know unless a Report was thrown up and the position logs pulled.

Which means a different rulebreak needs to happen first because no one reports for NLR alone unless John and friends are standing in one place, they gun down Steve, and then wait there for Steve to arrive back in the same place (which no one would do as Steve likely has friends headed to him) under the timer limit otherwise John and co. would never know Steve broke NLR, Staff wouldn't know as John and co. didn't throw up a Report on Steve and they're not about to manually sift through position logs for funsies. And I highly doubt Steve's friends are going to snake him to Staff about him breaking NLR. 

Remove NLR then add Spawn Point selections, otherwise it's just another annoying thing to abuse which seems to be the way most new things go when they're added in. And I don't ever see NLR being removed.

Sounds cool at first, but this would limit the roleplay on the server.

One of the good things about random spawnpoints, is that when you die, you get to experience new parts of the map, and are not just secluded in an area roleplaying with the same people. 

No, this creates an obvious issue. An excuse to NLR. Which I have experienced first hand with players whom are banned now obviously the system works. It's already difficult to tell if someone did this during a fight. This would just encourage it.
As convenient as it is to get a spawn closer to your friends it's not that difficult to get a spawn you desire with 5-10 minutes of time. 

Edited by Joah