Server time (UTC): 2020-08-10, 15:58
Sign in to follow this  
Gatorr

Abusive behavior

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): image.png.a595f35d37475adbfd08cd467f5eed37.png

Why the verdict is not fair: I was simply sharing a popular Irish greeting with a new member. I was told I am condoning a terrorist group when the Provisional IRA is not a US-recognized terrorist group and is no longer even in existence. Then it goes back to personal opinion, one person might consider a group a "terrorist group" but others might not. Just like Israelis consider palestinians terrorists while they consider Israel terrorists, you cant favor one opinion over the other because that would be bias.  I would like to point out (not trying to dig at Roland here because he's a good lad, just an example), that Roland for the longest time had a Kim Il Sung and North Korean themed profile, a man who was single handedly responsible for the murder of potentially MILLIONS, so thats fine but saying one pro IRA phrase is abusive?  In my case I did not feel I was condoning terrorists or I would not have posted it, and dont feel its fair to get the same punishment as if I was supporting Al-queda. If it was deemed controversial I would have been fine if staff removed it and told me not to do it again, but giving points because you dont agree with my opinion is wrong.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: n/a

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: points removed

What could you have done better?: been more careful with my word choice

Hello @Gatorr,

A separate team of staff has reviewed your appeal and come to the conclusion of denial.  We have not and do not tolerate the promotion of the IRA in this community, as they are a terror group whose actions have no place to be glorified in this community.  Your post directly praises this group through use of a supportive slogan and was deemed abusive because of this, as many similar posts in the past have been.  The promotion of any terror group in this community is unacceptable and will be met with points.

With that said,
Appeal denied.  Points remain.

Signed by @Peril& @Rover