Server time (UTC): 2020-09-24, 14:08
Enforcement Zone
TODAY | 2020-09-24 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 4 hours, 51 minutes
Sign in to follow this  
LiiveYourLifee

Where is the loot at?

2 minutes ago, LiiveYourLifee said:

So im having trouble finding Nails, and Axes, I found one box of nails in 3 days, and 0 axes, what happened to them all? I use to run into these in every city.

Recently loot spawns have been cut in half, that includes all tool based spawns. All of it can still be found as I found several splitting axes and hatchets today it just takes a lot longer then it used to.

Roland made some changes regarding the loot spawn-rates. Read the official thread from him for more information.

Also, feel free review mine as well, as I have addressed these issues numerous times, in hopes Roland will go over the changes that were made, and to tweak them.

Edited by Camo

Just now, Eagles said:

Recently loot spawns have been cut in half, that includes all tool based spawns. All of it can still be found as I found several splitting axes and hatchets today it just takes a lot longer then it used to.

Do you know why spawns got cut in half? will they be put back to normal rate soon?

3 minutes ago, LiiveYourLifee said:

Do you know why spawns got cut in half? will they be put back to normal rate soon?

As an attempt to fix server performance.

I wouldn't count on them returning any time soon, I suggest adjusting and getting used to the increased sparsity.

Just now, LiiveYourLifee said:

That is yet to be determined, they were originally cut to test if server performance would improve after Roland did a wipe/clearing of abandoned player bases and certain player built items such as the improvised tents.

7 minutes ago, LiiveYourLifee said:

I'm honestly hoping Roland will look at it again, when he rolls up some updates our way in December.

I'm fine with the reduction of loot spawns but the something just seems completely broken regarding finding ANYTHING spawning in storage sheds in towns/cities, etc. You'd think tools, and your usual junk would be more common than food, ammo, etc. if we're speaking upon scarcity.