Server time (UTC): 2020-08-06, 01:45
Sign in to follow this  
Ducky

Livonia & You [Pre-Loremaster release]

Nice. 

I gave Livonia to Craig to a project before I got removed. When I looked a couple weeks ago I didn't really see anything on the actual Bohemia Lore of it. Good to see you found it. We never used CSAT in the past just due to it being in the future for A3, but technically still in the same universe. 

Good stuff Ducky-san.

I respect the grind and hustle ducky, but why have we just jumped straight into the mil side? Why haven’t we built up the the country’s history and culture prior to the out break? 
Surely we should be focusing on that rather then guns, camo and army, that’s where chernarus went wrong imo.

I can’t knock your grind ducky but I just think we shouldn’t be focusing on the mil side and more the culture and history of the country to make it feel once alive 

Edited by neom

Very nice to get a bit of information about Livonia, and what we're planning to do with it. I'm excited to see what the LM's can do. Fresh country, fresh stories and fresh people. Can't wait 😄

19 minutes ago, neom said:

I respect the grind and hustle ducky, but why have we just jumped straight into the mil side? Why haven’t we built up the the country’s history and culture prior to the out break? 
Surely we should be focusing on that rather then guns, camo and army, that’s where chernarus went wrong imo.

I can’t knock your grind ducky but I just think we shouldn’t be focusing on the mil side and more the culture and history of the country to make it feel once alive 

Appears like a short version to me for the ones who cant wait to create characters. As Ducky said it is all taken from bohemia.  Everything else like culture & history specific fatcs will probably follow within the official lore made by @Craig and @StagsviewRB.

Edited by Ron

18 minutes ago, neom said:

The LM's are taking care of writing the actual story and lore to accompany Livonia. Ducky just pulled some facts from Bohemia themselves, just to give people an idea of the geographical situation, as well as military.

2 hours ago, neom said:

I wholeheartedly agree, however this is the only information Bohemia has given us. I wouldnt want to state anything that isn't true, so I have only added to the post what is confirmed by Bohemia, arguably it isn't a lot, and most of it is military related. 

41 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I wholeheartedly agree, however this is the only information Bohemia has given us. I wouldnt want to state anything that isn't true, so I have only added to the post what is confirmed by Bohemia, arguably it isn't a lot, and most of it is military related. 

That you ducky MWAH

I'm hoping we actually get provided the necessary clothing (if applicable, weaponry, although what we currently have could fit in that regard) and maybe some new or "accustomed" vehicles from the game devs.

New map, new lore, new place, all is fine but if you cannot sufficiently represent certain (lore) factions or characters because we get the same shit from Chernarus (like their military, cop or fire fighter uniforms with the respective tagging and cyrllic letters) then it's a notable "meh", in a way, especially if you decide to use a separate timeline that is closer to infection, if not one that runs parallel or further in the future.

Thanks either way for the first few pointers from official sources. People can work with this already for their characters, at least to some extend.

Edited by Combine

Sadly it doesnt seem like they have the intention of providing any of those.

However, I will be making the LDF uniform and I will be suggesting a seperate loot table with a more western influence given Livonia's history.

Don't forget them coppers and helmet or backpack variants including possible vest variants 😛

Oh, and armbands.

4 minutes ago, Combine said:

Don't forget them coppers and helmet or backpack variants including possible vest variants 😛

Oh, and armbands.

Police uniforms will be done as well, I gotta look at some references of Polish Police first.

As for armbands.... What exactly are you referencing? A livonian flag armband?

10 minutes ago, Ducky said:

A livonian flag armband?

Pretty much. Oh, and maybe one beret version with some coat of arms or LDF logo. That should cover it, the rest is p. much universal - and if there's any demand for "other units" or types of uniforms, they could be added later (e.g. if you look at the CDF in our community this day, various uniform sets are possible, that is what I mean).

Edited by Combine