Server time (UTC): 2020-01-28, 14:51 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
FalkRP

Gun racks.

Gun racks.  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So with the new loot system that @Roland has made, there are always guns on the server. So i'm suggesting is that we bring back the weapon racks. People who build bases can only store guns in tents and not anything else so it hard to horde guns but now with guns everywhere it would be right to bring back the weapon racks. 

Here is a mod on the workshop. 

Base Furniture Mods 2.0

Vote yes or no. 

Yeah, bases need more beauty. Tired of seeing rows and rows of wood storage racks.

I completely agree, gun racks need to come back. Hate storing guns inside tents and wooden storage racks.

Weren't the gun racks a major reason behind the extreme server lag back then? I could be wrong though. 

Edited by Blake

1 minute ago, Blake said:

Weren't the gun racks a major reason behind the extreme server lag back then? I could be wrong though. 

I don't believe it was the same mod? But i could be wrong.

Lockers my people. Lockers. You can craft em. Store guns in em. They look dope as heck. Find em, craft em, put em in a stew!

Just now, Isaiah Rinkasonn said:

Lockers my people. Lockers. You can craft em. Store guns in em. They look dope as heck. Find em, craft em, put em in a stew!

You can craft lockers?? How??

Just now, Fae said:

You take 10 pieces of sheet metal and combine with pliers, as result, you will get little metallic box baby named locker.

Just now, Fae said:

10 Metal sheets and pliers I believe.

I wouldn't mind seeing the gun racks return personally. Me and my friends have people bringing guns to us every so often and seeing as we don't want them a gun rack would be far better for us then having to throw them in our wood storages or improvised tents that we need to store the food we make and bring back for others. +1

8 minutes ago, Blake said:

They got removed because it allowed for hording.

Bring them back plox.

Edited by Eagle

No matter what, hoarding is gonna be an issue. However adding a specific place to place weapons for organization would always be good to have. I'd like to see these gun racks be added into the game because it adds something to look at IMO.

wellyes.jpg.3a3c8578ed46fb4ed4c7c06a8603c4a7.jpg

Well it's nice, but it's more persistent storage :((

Example, theirs 10 AKMs on the server, I pick one up, another one spawns. That's how it works in simple terms. So dont have to worry about no guns spawning so people will have guns, and people who have bases can horde guns. Both sides are kept happy. 

Only if we wipe all of them every month to improve server performance 😄 

And they cannot be craftable. All craftable storage becomes cancer on the server.

Just now, Roland said:

Sounds like a plan.

Just crank up the weapon spawns when you bring them back and destroy the food tables so we get another famine patch.

Just now, Roland said:

Are you able to wipe just the gun racks? 

Lockers are already pretty easy to craft and allow you to store two guns and a set of clothing.

I suggest using those.

If however every base ends up having 50 lockers then I guess we have to remove the mod to increase performance. 🙃

I don't see the added benefit of weapon racks only to hoard more guns (and before you say that 'hoarding' doesn't work anymore, keep in mind that hoarding does work, but now everyone can find guns all the time) and have the server choke on more storage containers. Since I don't see a map wipe every month going down well with a lot of people either, I'd keep the weapon racks out of the game.

I'd be fine with more hoardable things if we had more reasonable settlements being approved.

Until such a time, I'll be voting no.

I'd love to see Gun Racks come back. I like Roland's approach to it, wiping them every month and making sure they aren't craftable. My question is though @Roland would it be a full wipe or are you just going around wiping the Gun Racks?

Guns Racks would be awesome to have. It would make things far more organized. So long as personal lockers aren't affected, I'm all for it. 

Yeah I'm voting no. Jumped into a good few bases recently and all of them had plenty of storage area for their roleplay M4s. 

Make it so that only 10 of them can be present on the server at one time and I'll maybe vote Yes 

No from me.

With the current state of settlements and how easy is it to close off areas its just going to turn into epoch with everyone hoarding shit and never using it / having it stolen.