Server time (UTC): 2021-12-09 11:43

What music inspires/fits your character or what do you listen to as you Roleplay?

Noble

• Diamond

So now that we've got down what inspires your character, I'd like to ask what music fits or inspires your character or what do you generally listen to while roleplaying?

• Sapphire

USSR Anthem on 100% on all audio sources.

Jk, it depends on the character. With my Schizo guy, I listen to dark and atmospheric music, with random echoey voices mixed in. Chernarussian guy, I listen to old russian music.

• Diamond
2 hours ago, BearRP said:

USSR Anthem on 100% on all audio sources.

Jk, it depends on the character. With my Schizo guy, I listen to dark and atmospheric music, with random echoey voices mixed in. Chernarussian guy, I listen to old russian music.

Simple but effective. Nice.

• Emerald

With my current character I've had this on a couple times while travelling long distance.

Spoiler

• Legend

I try to play my character in a very grounded, realistic way, and nothing helps me get in that mindset quite like some good folk-ish music.  Probably thanks to the Walking Dead, I associate that genre with the bleakness of an apocalypse most of the time, so I throw on something like Avi Kaplan or Jamie N Commons.  New music in terms of "folk" but I think it qualifies.

• Diamond
18 minutes ago, Peril said:

I try to play my character in a very grounded, realistic way, and nothing helps me get in that mindset quite like some good folk-ish music.  Probably thanks to the Walking Dead, I associate that genre with the bleakness of an apocalypse most of the time, so I throw on something like Avi Kaplan or Jamie N Commons.  New music in terms of "folk" but I think it qualifies.

Got a really good playlist on Spotify that I listen to if you want a link, but yeah I tend to do the same, something calming that doesn't keep too high in beat, too high in volume. Something nice to play in the background as I RP.

• Legend
1 minute ago, RoverBeast said:

Got a really good playlist on Spotify that I listen to if you want a link

That'd be great, feel free to PM it to me whenever is convenient!  But yeah, I totally agree, something laid back, not too high intensity, but won't put you to sleep is the perfect background for DayZ and RP.

• Titanium

I listen to a playlist i made that got sorta "popular" the DayZ playlist called DayZ Dreaming

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0WpDDLWo569r7q1zBQ8NRQ?si=P9uij8U3RvGCY0H1VUnang

heres a link for anyone curious

• Sapphire

The quiet, and birds chirping, gunshots in the distance and moaning zombies is all the sound I need. I find music to be distracting when I play. I can't do it ?

• Titanium

I listen to a lot of erm— human music 

hmmm Human music 

I like it 

• Sapphire

Neo-psychedelia and punk for my character; probably for all my characters to be honest. Gotta get in that "fuck the man" mindset.

• Emerald

Love this cover, love the game too. Noah's, my character, mentality is going through a shift that's been going on for a while now and I think piece is the perfect piece of music to represent that. 

• Diamond

• Emerald

Can't post most songs here cause don't wanna get banned, but hope this one works? 

• Diamond

Edited by BravoActual
Wrong video
  • Legend

I have a playlist of stuff which I've heard in various Fallout games and the Red Army Choir

• Sapphire

This is what plays in my head every moment I'm on DayzRP