Server time (UTC): 2020-08-12, 20:18
Flea Market
TOMORROW | 2020-08-13 22:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 1 hour, 41 minutes
Sign in to follow this  
groovy kase

Unnecessary Points Appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): image.png.04b8a61c6908c9d44f0bff4d57c27088.png

image.png.0cb631705b4a718b7d9a6c4bc381cc9a.png

Why the verdict is not fair: So based on the 1.5 rule (particularly the highlighted bit), it states "meaningless expressions like "lol", jokes, memes, banter or replies containing only pictures, gifs, or unrelated media." which I did none of the above. I simply agreed with a statement that helped in a prior conversation on that thread clarify what I was trying to explain but couldn't. Thus, me agreeing is an opinion. Which is also in the highlighted section "meaningful opinion." It was an opinion.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: I believe this should be reviewed by a different set of staff, as it seems honestly a bit ridiculous to get points for something like that when there's much worse on the forums that doesn't get flagged.

EDIT: I would also like to add how my post was taken completely out of the context from the entire conversation that was taking place in that thread.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: Point removal.

What could you have done better?: Nothing, I was within the rules.

Edited by groovy kase

Hello @groovy kase,

A separate team of staff members have reviewed your appeal and come to the conclusion to deny it.

The post you made is essentially the same as saying "+1" or "I agree", which would also be unnecessary posts. If you want to simply agree with another community members posts we suggest that you use the "Beanz" system. This system is made to use for when you simply agree to a post, but you don't have much to add to the discussion.

In the future if you want to post, strive to actually add something to the discussion as well as agreeing with others.

Appeal denied.

Signed @Hofer & @Conor