Server time (UTC): 2020-01-19, 23:01 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
ImNovaaa

Rule Play / Baiting

Situation: Active firefight is going on, people have "complied". They say they don't want to be involved, (I know this doesn't mean they can't get involved as they have defenders rights, that's not the question.) but they start to walk around during the firefight, some even giving call outs although saying they're not involved and they have their hands up, they start walking around looting dead bodies, etc. So the two groups fighting each other (the people who didn't comply and the OP) are fighting, and then the people who continue to claim they don't want to get involved decide to stick around & pull out a gun and shoot the OP as they have rights. Smart play, kudos. BUT, then they put their hand back up, negating the OP from shooting them, hence why I bring up rule play. As no they are not breaking rules technically, but could this be considered rule play (and/or baiting)? & If its not yet, should it be? Just curious! Thanks for reading.

@APositiveElmo Okay thank you! That makes more sense to me, it just felt like I couldn’t shoot certain people. Thank you for the info. 

Edited by ImNovaaa

4 hours ago, ImNovaaa said:

-snip-

If this were reported exactly as described, I'd find no fault in you shooting them the moment they relayed your position, irrespective of whether or not their communication was heard by enemies; their devious intent remains the same. Equally, I would also find no fault in you shooting them after they resume surrender once they failed to kill you. You're under no obligation to accept surrender once non-compliance has been demonstrated. They may keep their hands up to throw you off or give you second thoughts, which seemed to work in this case, but this is by no means ruleplay, just hesitation on your part. 

Them putting their hands back up changes nothing, once they do anything that puts your life at risk (like shooting) they have not complied and they can be dropped freely.

Sign in to follow this