Server time (UTC): 2020-01-17, 17:28 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
ImMason

Attempted Invalid Kill 10 Points

Alright Appeal Time

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair:  I do not believe that the verdict is fair because because my life was immediately threatened after the guy initiated on us after we asked if he had friends in the area to which he responded with 

"Oh yeah, they're all around, and in fact, they're telling me to tell you this: this is your last chance or you're gonna fucking die if you don't let me go." 

With me taking that as a initiation as he directly threatens my life by saying I will die if I don't do a certain thing I shoot him in the head to attempt to kill him (Which is doesn't) He states that he bluffs his allies being around but there is 0 way for us to know this. I understand that he had his hands up but either way he initiated by saying we will die if we don't do a certain Action which directly threatens my life and is a valid initiation. He also does this while being part of a approved group so even if he initiated on someone else behalf, it was for his group which is approved. The reason we kill him is because the situation went from being in our control to in their control so we need to leave as quickly as possible to avoid being shot and killed just in case he did have friends or else we would have been killed. 

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: Points Removed 

What could you have done better?: Instead of killing him and running away right after, RP with him more and try to pull it into a hostage negotiation situation rather than Run right away

Hello @MasonnWB

A separate team of staff members have reviewed your appeal along with the original report and have come to the conclusion to deny it.

In this situation your victim was compliant and was of no threat to you. Due to this your argument that he initiated on you is invalid. Yes, he said that you would die if you did not let him go but this demand was claimed to come from friends of his. In the report it came to light that he in fact had no friends making this demand and it was a bluff.

In your appeal you say that you had no way to know that he was bluffing and did not actually have any friends in the area. This is partially true because as soon as he said what he did, you shoot him before he is finished off by your ally. Due to the fact you acted so hastily with your execution of your hostage, you destroyed all possibilities for roleplay with him.

Had you not killed him, you could have moved him into cover and roleplayed with him. After all, we are all in this community to roleplay. Had you roleplayed with your victim you could have attempted to negotiate with his friends and subsequently found out that they did not exist. This would have then opened many avenues for roleplay where you could have punished your victim for lying to you about his friends threatening to kill you. There were many possibilities for where the roleplay could have progressed to but these were all cut short when you opted for the quick kill.

Regarding your claims that what your victim said counts as an initiation - If that is something the staff team were to entertain then it is highly likely you would be found guilty of ruleplay instead of an attempted invalid kill which would come with an increased punishment of a 5 day ban instead of the 2 days that you received.

With the above stated, the following applies.

Appeal Denied.

Solved by @Conor & @Saunders