Server time (UTC): 2020-08-14, 20:15
Sign in to follow this  
Mercer

What inspires you to make your characters/RP them?

So this was at first a premium forum post but now I'd like the opinion from everyone, that including non premium so here it goes.

What drives you to make your character, what is your inspiration? Movies? Books? TV Series, games even?

The blind Nationalism that can only be found in a fictional country as great as Chernarus.

Also once you start playing a concerned local citizen you can never go back to being a foreigner.

Wasn’t this thread already made?

Normally for me, I watch or read something medically and just want to do medical roleplay. I do like doing a lot of research on characters and making aesthetically pleasing character pages too. But I get inspired a lot to make new ones all the time.

Edited by DrMax

Personally I usually get inspired by watching TV series or movies! It gives me a rough idea on what sorta character I want to play and then I proceed to make more research on lore from a certain character from a TV series/movie. I remove the traits I dislike and add some that I enjoy myself. 💪

My job. Dealing in mental health I wanted to see how in a apocalypse world how people would receive a psychiatrist. It has been very interesting to say the least and hopefully spread a bit more about mental health issues while at it. 

3 hours ago, Zero said:

Wasn’t this thread already made?

Yes it was for Premium users but now I'm looking for the perspective of the whole community.

3 hours ago, DrMax said:

Normally for me, I watch or read something medically and just want to do medical roleplay. I do like doing a lot of research on characters and making aesthetically pleasing character pages too. But I get inspired a lot to make new ones all the time.

I get you all too well. Everytime I create a new character I want to make like 5 new ones after that. Usually leaving me to quickly lose the gist of my current one.

My Edgyness

22 minutes ago, Mando said:

My Edgyness

Pretty edgy.

1 minute ago, RoverBeast said:

Pretty edgy.

Gotta use what you got 😛 

Just now, Mando said:

Gotta use what you got 😛 

I mean true.

Most of my older characters are inspired by books/shows, but alot of my newer ones are actually based off of characters from stories I'm working on/have written. DayzRP has actually helped me break through writers block on more than one occasion. Luckily, It's surprisingly easy to translate a Corp character to an otherwise normal dude and keep their personality. 

For me, my characters are from love stories I wrote as a teenager. Some I made up on the spot. Their back stories are pieces of my real life plus stuff I made up on the spot. 

When I made my character it was just out of the blue, the only thing I really researched was the lore to make sure it was accurate but overall the story I made for my character just created itself in-front of my eyes. No planning needed, whatever comes up, I write down, 

my above than average iq

DnD and my other roleplaying experiences. I love acting as someone else (I should be an actor...), writing interesting stories, and putting on a thick accent. I know quite a few! Mostly, I'll let myself be inspired by other characters, or let my characters stories be driven by a certain playstyle I want to achieve with said character. I love to evolve them, and turn them into something else over time. I've had friendly characters become bandits, and vice versa. My current character was a killer, but has rehabilitated into a somewhat friendly fellow.

Live and let die.

I like to give my character some simple ideals at first, but evolve those depending on the interactions he has with people around.
I think that comes from the fact that i love books with character progression and the old fallout games.

Also things like Airsoft (MilSim) and historical reenactments really fueled my intrest to roleplay.

Mainly character growth. I've enjoyed playing the same character for awhile now. I try my hardest to react as he would, and lately it's just been shenanigans. He's been keeping his sanctity lately better then he has before!