Server time (UTC): 2020-01-24, 06:22 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
SaltySully

Council Powers

So now that Roland has bestowed upon us the ability to review settlements it got me thinking..

What other abilities/privileges should council members receive? An example I thought of was;

Review/Approve other groups to a majority vote under supervision?

Also I think that groups should always do a 20 day trial as a pending/dynamic group until they're approved as there's way too many groups that have a high turn over rate as soon as they're approved.

Just my opinion

Edited by SaltySully

I personally don't like a vote system for groups being approved. Could end up fairly biased. I think as council members we should help those group idea threads and even the approved threads. Meaning provide feedback on the thread and how they can fix things/work on things. Being approved should be based on what it is now, goals that are unique and realistic and positive feedback. I'd hate to see groups get denied cause of bias, where as the admins that handle this don't have much bias from what I can tell. 

I do also believe that the turn around rate is pretty bad but that's going to happen. People are going to flesh their ideas out in a thread and get in game and realize things aren't achievable due to the roleplay around them. Wolfpack almost suffered from that when I first put the group up. 

I'd say two weeks after a group is posted; admins review the thread and make sure activity is still up to par and that the goals and such are good, but also that the group has responded back to feedback provided (which will be from roleplay experiences and council members). After that, the group can be eligible to be approved. I do also think that approved groups should checked for activity bi-weekly (which i think they are) and that an admin is watching the group progression of goals/etc, meaning that us council members need to continue to update our thread as often as we can. 

I personally don't think us council members need any special privileges, i do believe that we should take our role as council a little more seriously. It's been nice to have dicussions with other group leaders and seeing council chat poppin' and same with this. We are meant to be rolemodels of some sort correct? I think we keep doing what we are doing, having good discussions and maybe get involved with helping out other groups with the threads and kind of assisting in group ideas. 

ps. if this doesn't make sense i'm sorry, my mind is kinda drained from writing an essay for school currently.

Edited by PhoenyxxRP

50 minutes ago, PhoenyxxRP said:

I personally don't like a vote system for groups being approved. Could end up fairly biased. I think as council members we should help those group idea threads and even the approved threads. Meaning provide feedback on the thread and how they can fix things/work on things. Being approved should be based on what it is now, goals that are unique and realistic and positive feedback. I'd hate to see groups get denied cause of bias, where as the admins that handle this don't have much bias from what I can tell. 

I do also believe that the turn around rate is pretty bad but that's going to happen. People are going to flesh their ideas out in a thread and get in game and realize things aren't achievable due to the roleplay around them. Wolfpack almost suffered from that when I first put the group up. 

I'd say two weeks after a group is posted; admins review the thread and make sure activity is still up to par and that the goals and such are good, but also that the group has responded back to feedback provided (which will be from roleplay experiences and council members). After that, the group can be eligible to be approved. I do also think that approved groups should checked for activity bi-weekly (which i think they are) and that an admin is watching the group progression of goals/etc, meaning that us council members need to continue to update our thread as often as we can. 

I personally don't think us council members need any special privileges, i do believe that we should take our role as council a little more seriously. It's been nice to have dicussions with other group leaders and seeing council chat poppin' and same with this. We are meant to be rolemodels of some sort correct? I think we keep doing what we are doing, having good discussions and maybe get involved with helping out other groups with the threads and kind of assisting in group ideas. 

ps. if this doesn't make sense i'm sorry, my mind is kinda drained from writing an essay for school currently.

I'll wait for the POV of other council members before posting but you're correct 

p.s. makes more sense then my Engrish at times

Edited by SaltySully

On 11/22/2019 at 10:34 PM, PhoenyxxRP said:

This is the correct answer. Council needs to help each other out and give constructive feedback as it is you who create and run the groups that dominate the server. 

I don't think you should get any special privileges. Staff is on top of that, and should be allowed to continue their job. We don't want to change the group approval process into a popularity contest.

Sign in to follow this