Server time (UTC): 2020-09-27, 20:38
Sign in to follow this  
ggvix

camera lock

Hi. I would like to make a suggestion about the game-play of our server about the camera. I personally don't really like playing in third person, because first of all (it`s a RP server, so it`s supposed to be as closer as possible to reality. So third person would be considered unreal). second, third person make ppl able to be looking thru the walls and this way getting sometimes some advantage over other players. So, I`m not really here to ask for locking the camera in first person because I know it would radically change the server game-play and a lot of ppl wouldn`t like it (unfortunately). So today I will be recommending something different, instead locking the camera full time on first person, I will recommend locking in third person only when you have your guns out. I believe this will help improving RP, also avoiding meta-gaming when ppl are raiding others looking thru the walls, and make it more realistic, because in dangerous situations when you need guns out you will be forced to be in first person.  I hope you guys like the idea ! Cheers !!

I'm pretty sure that there is a mod that does that. Although, (I could be wrong) I am pretty sure this was talked about/suggested a couple of months back and the community overall wasn't for it. Also, I feel like at the games current state First person with or without a gun out can often feel clunky as hell. 
I would not like to be forced into first person everytime I was fighting or having a gun out in general, to me it just seems stupid. So -1 from me. 

I think the majority of people play in 3rd person, so taking that away in any fashion is a big -1. I really don't think it takes away from the role play to have 3rd person when your weapon is out. Plus a lot of people walk around with weapons out because they don't like to be surprised when someone pops out the pushes and screams puts your hands up so it would be pretty annoying to be stuck in 3rd person just because you are trying to appear a little more intimidating while just walking about. Its a role play server and this only would help people from getting corner peaked in a PvP scenario so I don't think its necessary just to prevent one aspect of a PvP scenario from happening. 

A similar mod has already been suggested by Ducky a while back in this topic;

I understand why you brought this up, as (especially for a newer player) it's a understandable suggestion. But this topic has been repeatedly brought up and talked about in the past months (or years, rather) and the outcome will always remain the same. The majority of the community does not want this for a variety of reasons, whether it's because they become nauseous in First Person or they don't want to lose the tactical advantage of being able to RPeek a corner/wall without having to expose themselves.

While I'm still in favor of having the mod that Ducky suggested myself, I don't see it happening. A trial surely wouldn't hurt however. If we can give serious thought to trialing a KOS zone, I feel we can do the same for these kind of things.

Edited by Kenyi

No people who are handicapped to their drawn dot in the middle of their screen won’t be able to pvp anymore 

I don't think something like this is possible to be added, but even if it is, don't see how it would help. 

If I'm in a fight and need to peek over the corner, I'll just holster, go into 3rd person, then draw back my gun and continue the fight. 

How does being stuck in first person when having your gun out improve my RP?

a) We did have a first person server back in the day and it was closed because low pop.
b) Looking through walls is not meta-gaming but abuse of a game mechanic, I believe. "Third-personing" over walls and around corners is something that has not been punished in this community before, I think. It would be hard to prove/judge that kind of stuff in chaotic situations like firefights.
c) This ⇊ 

5 minutes ago, Eagle said:

How does being stuck in first person when having your gun out improve my RP?

God no I've played servers that are forced first person and also first person with a gun drawn and its gross as hell.

If you wanna play first person play first person, dont make me play like that because I legit cant stand first person... motion sickness lol 😂

@ggvix I see your point. First person would actually make it more realistic. But something must be considered, DayZ first person camera movement has some shaky motion. I know from experience that many gamers and dayz players (including me) suffer from motion sickness when playing first person games, especially when the first person camera is shaky. Making the server first person at all times would make me unable to play longer than a hour before I have to take a hour break. I'm sure there are other players in the server who also get motion sickness from long first person playtime. Idk if that is considered when admins/GameMasters were deciding what the camera would be in the server, but I just wanted to give my reason why I am against First Person Camera, not cause I need to see through corners but literally cause of health issues.

A no for me.

Has been suggested multiple times. We even had a server and no one played on it.

If you want to play in first person, you are free to do so, the option is there for everyone. There is no need to force others.

Plz no, third person is the best for walking around normally in the game, First person is sickening 

Yeah I wouldn't mind it, if you want third person don't put your gun in your hands. Pretty simple.

I don't mind this being added if its only when you start aiming your gun. But I only ever shoot zombies so, my opinion don't matter that much 😄 

Forced first person at all time is a fat NO from me, if it's made to specifically only force first person when you have your weapon in your hands then I'm good with it because that's generally one of the few times I actually go first person since I can't point fire for shit when in third person.

I don't really like the idea. 

But that's mostly because I just like to look at my character while I'm roleplaying... and I like it to stay like that even when I have a weapon out. I was actually never before in a firefight or anything, so using the advantages of it... well maybe some people do it, but honestly, I rather deal with that than locking the camera. 

First person is one of the reasons why I refused to play on certain other RP communities, cause it was just... annoying. You never have the same view in 1st person as you would have in real life, so calling it realistic is as well not the right term. 3rd person might not be that realistic either, not gonna argue about that, yet I believe too much reality destroys the RP. After all are we here to have fun and have good RP, not to do a reality simulation... cause then we would need to change a loooot of things to make them really realistic.

So yeah, it's a no from me, sorry

Big No from me too for the usual reasons given in these threads:

1. Motion sickness

2. Easier check If Animations are actually performed without me having to look at my hand to see if its actually doing what I pressed.

3. Better controls over movement

I always advocate player choice over the alternative. Some people canNOT play this game solely in first person without motion sickness - I am one of them. 

You have the ability to choose to play solely in first person: feel free to use it. There is no need to make that necessary for everyone else.

Personally third person is more immersive due to actual depth, I.E you can see where you are in context to walls, others, etc..

Also, as noted by others some of us get motion sickness from first person so plz no.

Whenever someone mentions forced perspective, the answer is always no for me.  There's no reason to restrict people's options, especially in a way that can genuinely reduce enjoyment like camera perspective.  You can give reasons for this specific case, but honestly you could just leave it at the point of there being no reason to restrict choice.

But, aside from that, it's the same reasons as always: motion sickness and clunkiness.

I personally prefer third person, I like being able to see my own character. I like being able to choose between both options, so the answer is a no for me. I just feel like there isn't any point in restricting people. Just leave it optionial as a happy medium for both sides and you can pick what you camera perspective you prefer. If this suggestion would go through I can see one side unhappy which would be unfortunate when you could simply choose.

Just my two cents! 👏

i think its an awesome idea.
but too many people have problems with it. 

so it will probably never be implemented.

I'd have to say NO. I don't like the idea of forcing people to RP a certain manner. 

Again, I am only giving an idea. I just wanna make sure some ppl here understood that. I respect others then  I would like to get the same back. Sometimes it seems ppl get offended with somebody's opinion. 

This topic has already been discussed and locked about 3 months ago people stated they get motion sickness or they like to see their character which is why they won’t also people like to wall bang in 3rd person as it gives the defender/ambushed an advantage.

But honestly most of the community voted no last time and I believe it would be a similar vote in the polls again, people even threatened to leave if it became a thing 😂