Server time (UTC): 2019-12-05, 21:02 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
APositiveElmo

Remove Barbed Wire

Remove barbed wire  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pretty much as the title suggests, I'd like to remove barbed wire as its incredibly buggy, adds little to the video game beyond buggy deaths and there are plenty of other methods for people to defend their bases passively: landmines, bear traps, hesco barriers in awkward places etc.

Thoughts?

i hope for everyone that voted no to get killed by an invisible barb wire

Yes please.

Barbed wire is buggy and kills people, also sometimes doesn't do anything. I've hopped over barbed wire with no issue, and also been killed by it when in a field with no visible buildings.

One of the best suggestions I've seen in a long time.

+1

It is quite buggy at times but personally I haven't experienced barbed wire to be a major problem. And i like that it keeps people from boosting whereas placing another wall on top would take a lot more resources. Not to mention the fact that barbed wire really adds to the look of a base in my opinion. Having all your walls surrounded with barbed wire makes it look a lot more like a genuine base someone would build in the zombie apocalypse. 

So I get where your coming from, but I don't see it as big enough of a problem for it to be removed.

Barbed Wire should be removed. They are extremely buggy and would either knock you out or would just kill you. 

Either remove it or set its damage value to 0.

+1 though.

remove it. i died twice because of that buggy mess

+1 remove plox.

Shit's retarded. Either kills you from 50m away or instantly uncons you. Please remove

No. I've been killed by it a few times. I say keep it. It's a major deterrent.   

Yes! plz for the love of god remove the barbed wire

10 minutes ago, Crimson_Tiger said:

No. I've been killed by it a few times. I say keep it. It's a major deterrent.   

It is indeed a major deterrent because it can apparently grow arms and strangle me from 70 meters away. Repeatedly.

Just now, APositiveElmo said:

It is indeed a major deterrent because it can apparently grow arms and strangle me from 70 meters away. Repeatedly.

Oh yeah! It needs to be fixed big time. I don't mind it being in. I avoid it like the plague. 

Barbed wire has been removed from loot table. No new ones will spawn and any left alone on the floor should quickly despawn.

You can't craft it, right?

1 minute ago, Roland said:

Barbed wire has been removed from loot table. No new ones will spawn and any left alone on the floor should quickly despawn.

I don't think so, no. 

2 minutes ago, Roland said:

How about the one's that are already attached to walls ? Can you get rid of them too ?

3 minutes ago, Turk-chan said:

How about the one's that are already attached to walls ? Can you get rid of them too ?

No, you will have to take care of that 🙂 

Thanking you @Roland.

57 minutes ago, KordrugaRP said:

Shit's retarded. Either kills you from 50m away or instantly uncons you. Please remove

My man has obviously never seen barbed wire before. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uXG9v1_X8jc

Im so happy about this, clipped the wire with my shoulder while running past the base that sticks out over the road in Kab. Was stood about 20 feet away while it still applied damage, then died.

Worse thing about it? It took my black suit too.

Heres a timestamp of that fuckery: RIP Black Suit

Get that shit right out of here. As everyone else said, it is buggy, it is unessecary and the only use it has is aesthetic.

Yes, finally! Barbared wire has been an issue for so long so I definitely agree with this change. Something that is so broken shouldn't be ingame in the first place!