Server time (UTC): 2019-12-07, 23:02 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Zero

Make farming great again!

From what I've seen, every home seems to have a farm already. As much I don't like it, it makes a lot of sense. I think we should try it. 

I'm not against it. I already tend to farm and hunt a lot and from what I've seen many others tend to do the same. If anything is to be about the Food aspect to the ever changing loot table; definitely make hunter-gathering more important. 

This has my fullest support. Yes, there are concerns that making canned food rare is "bad" for RP because apparently more time hunting and farming means less time RPing for whatever reason but limiting the availability of spawned food has great RP potential as it forces people to become more mobile and opens up more opportunities for thing like SlaveRP, robberies and cannibalism, but also for trade, cooperations and a certain Apocalypse feeling that DayZ is certainly lacking.

Yes please!

I think something similar was already suggested some time ago, but sadly nothing was done... I hope this time we might actually get something to work with. 

I dont think banning all canned food is the right way to go but maybe reduce it on the loot table. 
Also this does not have to be enforced oocly but can be rped out. For example, there have been some cool kids out there who decided not eat canned food and leave the cans for others because they were able to live of the nature 🙏🐺 ( @Jamie)

Edited by Ron

No thanks

This would actually make slaves worthwhile, i support it 

dc7ef303c85666de8c2f2ea8e80533c2.png

okay

No thank you, .58 was cancer.

100% Support this. I've always wanted DayZ to have more of a survival aspect. As it stands, it feels like food and water tables are just that slight inconvenience you have which almost never causes problems because a well is within 100 meters and food is in every zombies pocket.

Maybe don't go too extreme with the reduction of food, but definately make it a struggle to survive on just canned

I kinda suggested something similar a while back. Though there were alot of positive responses, I don't it has been looked into.
Maybe the post adds up in this one so I will just link it for you:

I think my last can of food was a can of caviar that I ate for the sake of RP. I have been surviving on hunting, farming and foraging since forever so I of course support this to every extend!

Completely agree, finding canned food shouldn't be as easy as it is considering it's been over 2 years since the outbreak started. Opens up a lot more RP situations as people get more desperate for food.

I actually think this would be a good idea it's know well into the apocalypse canned food would be scarce now or rare, and people would need to hunt or farm for the food, I think it would open up more rp opportunities such as trade for food, robberies for food, alliances for food such as food for protection and protection for food so it would be a good way to make alliances and have people interact with others they may otherwise not rp with. It would give that desperate apocalypse feeling to the game. It would force people to move around and not just stay in one spot but forced to go out and find that food or make deals so they can live.

As much as I hate to say it, I agree. Farming, Hunting and Fishing should be the main sources of food. I don't think we should completely do away with canned goods at first. Maybe lower the spawn rates little by little to where eventually they are rare. That way people can get into the swing of relying on farming, hunting and or fishing. Overall I agree with this idea 

is there any mods out there that can provide more vegetables or even fruit and more food recipes because i would love to see this changed.