Server time (UTC): 2019-12-15, 19:41 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
AndreyQ

Can we ban people that do this?

If your blocking off the wells can you at least put a little more effort into making it look like something your protecting :() I understand the idea of groups blocking a resource from outsiders but it would be nice to see some effort put in to make it seem a little less toxic, maybe a locked gate or instead of a triangle a square 😛

2 hours ago, Intoxicated said:

If your blocking off the wells can you at least put a little more effort into making it look like something your protecting :() I understand the idea of groups blocking a resource from outsiders but it would be nice to see some effort put in to make it seem a little less toxic, maybe a locked gate or instead of a triangle a square 😛

if the loot spawn wasnt so messed up for nails and building items and if our nails hadnt been wiped when the tents got deleted without any sort of heads up. So it will take a while for us to get them built up to be actual check points and shit.

I'd like to weigh in here.

In short, no.

Water is a fundamental to life, if people were doing decent RP and not complaining OOC instead they'd be grouping up and destroying these walls and waiting for groups to come check what happened to it, all IC. 

As soon as characters realize IC that Corp is doing it they now understand that they have a really decent way of identifying Corporation members. They'd have to review these builds in secret, but if you catch people there you can hold them up and ask them questions having to do with the wells. If you have ample room to identify a Corp member you might actually be able to get a few executions or PKs out of this.

I'd like to see groups rise up against the Corp and create hostilities by making bases around new pipes and establishing relationships between groups by simply sharing codes to small hubs based around pumps.

Everything can be dealt with IC, if you outright don't believe a Corporation trying to take advantage of a finite resource isn't realistic you are simply mistaken. If you believe this cannot bring RP to the server in any way than you are only looking at this from an OOC perspective. Maybe you need to carry more food and water rather than relying on "Oh I can just get it at the next town."

Now you actually have to amply think about what you need to bring on a trip to at least survive food and water wise. Gone will be the days of every seemingly half starved dehydrated survivor having 4 gallons of water on them.

I'm honestly.looking forward to being held up just for fucking water and food.

We sent out a radio broadcast that we were doing this a bit ago.

Having roleplayed with the Coorporation before and seen the pretty good roleplay example they set.

This seems like an excuse to shoot someone who's trying to get access to water desperately by sending patrols at peak times to areas you know will be at a high population. [Because if I'm not mistaken the second someone starts breaking your walls you get defender rights.] 

However, if you are doing this ONLY in the towns the coorporation are often in, rather than every pump in the map. It would make sense, but if you're going up to Sinistok [For example], blocking off the pump there then only checking on it just before the despawn timer for your walls then it's pretty fucked up.

I feel that this should be done slowly, to give everyone who lives on Chernarus time to react. As for one I know full well Coorporation does not have the man power to block off every pump on the map and actively check on them all. 

On a positive note: This makes room for some fantastic hostile RP, people will genuinely be desperate for water, and this may even take the focus off of hoarding guns/GearRP even just a little bit. 

Looking forward to what you have planned.

I don't think we should ban people for this, rather give them a warning to manage it in the proper way the next time they think about doing something like this. In a highly populated have a water jug of "purified water" or stuff of that nature. I think that could give a good element of "infected wells" and whatnot. Just my opinion though.

If I still had time to play on the server(s), this alone would be a dealbreaker for me to not even bother getting on. Unless the well(s) are guarded 24/7, this provides no RP avenues whatsoever and is only a major annoyance for the player base. Want to wall a well because it's close to a building that you have loot in? Perfectly acceptable, that's your place and your well. Want to wall wells with a gate to control who has access to the clean water supply on the map? Perfectly acceptable if the wells have people who can actually provide roleplay and barter for said supply. Want to wall all the wells with only walls and no gate, and not have anyone there to actually roleplay and barter? I'm sorry but that's just being a dick.

Imagine being shot for cracking open a lock to a resource that you need and is infinite 😂 counts as raiding if i'm not mistaken

I'm not sure how you're possibly going to get RP from this.

1. There are around 80 water pumps on the map and people will end up avoiding your "controlled" pumps. Especially if they have to call you up on the radio and wait for you while they're dying on thirst.

2. If you plan on having guards at them the few you have to spread to each controlled pump will most possibly be held up.

3. The more pumps you wall off, the more you'll have to continue rebuilding them because I'm pretty sure people are going to be chopping these down like no tomorrow.

4. Chlorine tablets, I always carry them.

I'd like to point out that everyone is finding workarounds- which is exactly what should be happening.

Stop complaining about every little thing and just play the game.

There are too many wells in the map.

I've never had a character die from dehydration or starvation and this is supposed to be a post apocalyptic setting.

This just helps RP and honestly the amount of wells around the map should be reduced, but that's a different topic entirely. 

Food and water are fundamental in the game, although they are extremely abundant and not hard to get access to. This helps make it a more sought after resource. I want hostile RP. I want to see people getting robbed for water. It makes a better story other then the 'you have an ak on your back and I want it, even though I already have 4 rifles on me.' 

Feels more like survival to me 🤷‍♂️

On 11/21/2019 at 6:52 PM, BearRP said:

@Elijah Johnson

That 10 minutes could be the meaning between life and death from hydration. Shouldn't be done, bannable after a warning.

Don’t be unprepared then carry purification tabs extra water, I fucked up yesterday and had to run to Pavlovo to get some water from the coast I was red water losing health.

The fact that clean water is so accessible across the map without tablets being needed is ridiculous we are lore wise 2-3 years into the apocalypse you think water stored underground with no maintenance would be clean??? it would have gone stagnant and had algae in it.

Lmao stop whining start preparing it’s a survival/apocalyptic RP not crybaby RP go play something like the stalker map then you can complain.

Dayzrp we live in luxury with a lot of the survival aspects even with increased weight and build cost half.

Honestly half the thread that go up we may as well be Twitter.

I've never died of dehydration either as water isn't the hardest resource to find but this is such a dick move. 

I love it. 😂

-USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST-

31 minutes ago, Elijah Johnson said:

Don’t be unprepared then carry purification tabs extra water, I fucked up yesterday and had to run to Pavlovo to get some water from the coast I was red water losing health.

The fact that clean water is so accessible across the map without tablets being needed is ridiculous we are lore wise 2-3 years into the apocalypse you think water stored underground with no maintenance would be clean??? it would have gone stagnant and had algae in it.

Lmao stop whining start preparing it’s a survival/apocalyptic RP not crybaby RP go play something like the stalker map then you can complain.

Dayzrp we live in luxury with a lot of the survival aspects even with increased weight and build cost half.

Honestly half the thread that go up we may as well be Twitter

Damn thats damage control 1000%

Be respectful even if your opinion is irrelavant and wrong. 

People play this VIDEOGAME to have FUN not to run around looking for water and food, and dying over and over. 

Maybe stop whining about people playing how they wanna play and stick your nose in your own empty plate. 

The only one i see coming off as a twitter user is you, now close your pc and calm the heck down. 

Yikes. 

27 minutes ago, Elijah Johnson said:

- PLAYER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST - 

Are you alright man, there’s people you can talk to if your having issues irl but here is not the place to vent 

not sure what your on about in Stary but ok

the point I was making is that the idea that people would effectively be able to claim all of the water sources in a certain area is stupid, people are just going to break the walls or kill the people guarding the wells, pretty simple mate

id calm down with your little low key flames, they don’t work to well

@Shroud @Elijah Johnson please keep your responses on topic and take any passive aggression to your inboxes. Thanking you.

22 minutes ago, Shroud said:

Are you alright man, there’s people you can talk to if your having issues

not sure what your on about in Stary but ok

the point I was making is that the idea that people would effectively be able to claim all of the water sources in a certain area is stupid, people are just going to break the walls or kill the people guarding the wells, pretty simple mate

is calm down with your little low key flames, they don’t work to well

21 minutes ago, Elijah Johnson said:

Not burning for a reaction mate, I just doubt Potius would be active enough to guard all the ones they have boarded up, just doesn’t make a whole ton of sense, and most likely people will just kill them because they know they are KOSable, the whole plan has as many holes in it as the walls around the pumps will.

Cool it down and keep it on topic.

Lol, what a hero now he can go with Rolles blessing to continue his crusade. No water source is safe from our protagonist!

Pools Closed

Edited by Prince

55 minutes ago, Shroud said:

Not burning for a reaction mate, I just doubt Potius would be active enough to guard all the ones they have boarded up, just doesn’t make a whole ton of sense, and most likely people will just kill them because they know they are KOSable, the whole plan has as many holes in it as the walls around the pumps will.

We currently have only borded up two wells near our area of operations, we send out regular patrols every day to these pumps to make sure the walls are still intact and to make repairs if needs be. We also have an active presence in the towns that the wells are in so if you stay around that town for a while you will bump in to us. I dont have a problem if they KOS us for it, neither does our group. We dont plan on building walls around pumps that we cant regularly patrol, stary, vybor etc for example.

edit:stuff

Edited by Mellstrom

In my opinion, blocking off some wells is just plain stupid and mad annoying. Sure, in reality there would not be any clean water left, but this is still a game, and I would be real pissed if I was dying of thirst and someone had blocked off the well. 

2 hours ago, Elijah Johnson said:

-snip-

But you need to think, the game wasn't designed to revolve around RP, it's made for people who like to survive and kill people. I doubt that BI would go so in depth as to make wells completely dirty, nevermind adhering to "DayZRP's" lore.

Wells have a 50/50 chance of giving you sickness.