Server time (UTC): 2019-12-10, 23:08 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
AndreyQ

Can we ban people that do this?

In this scenario they are just being a chode. Then again, people are chodes in general, this is just using walls instead of a gun. Is it reportable or bannable? Nah, but you'd be allowed to break it down to get to the forbidden drink, just like he was able to guard it.

Maybe pack a canteen and some extra soda on the coast, idk about you lot but I always manage to survive, I have only ever died in DayZ due to sickness and getting shot at. Not against the rules, whoever blocked it blocked it. Fuck the guy up or just move the next town over.

Maybe it is a way to say that the water is bad? We may never know.

If there is no real reason for them to block it off I could see it as griefing.

Kind of funny seeing this because I was just in this town maybe like 30 minutes after this was posted. When I saw it I had a head scratching moment and walked around it to see if there was a gate, then silently cursed to whoever built this using three walls. 

Completely agree this being a dick move, and while I agree with some other posters that it may not be ban-able necessarily because there is walls around the compound and it could very well be the start of a base, but the fact that its three wall structures and not 2 with a gate, makes it super frustrating to see this (Thankfully I didn't need water). If there was a gate with a lock, thats one thing, but considering how long it takes to tear down structures that aren't yours (at least in my experience some structures take FOREVER to try to destroy), this really should be looked at more closely for the simple fact I went through that entire town, not one sledgehammer, or form of axe, or anything that could tear this down, I know for my character I don't have a tool like that in my bags, not everyone carries the required tools to destroy this, and the next CLEAN water source is a healthy distance away.

Just my two cents though, I had a good laugh, but deep down I felt bad for any person roaming the coast that needs water and makes it to Kamenka with their sights set on the well and sees this.

Edited by WorldDeastroyer

A true chad move to fence off the water so not even you can access it 👍

Imagine if this happened across the map 😂

+1

What is the meaning of this +1 one. Well it means that I wholeheartedly agree with the OP of the thread. What does agree mean? 

a·gree - 1.have the same opinion about something; concur.

Edited by PhoenyxxRP

Don’t see the problem it’s called a hacksaw,saw,hatchet, fire axe, wood axe and 10 minutes of your time... it literally isn’t the end of the world it’s just denial of resources I couldn’t use it today so I had to go for the marsh at Komorovo and purify my water 

@Elijah Johnson

That 10 minutes could be the meaning between life and death from hydration. Shouldn't be done, bannable after a warning.

It'd be different if it was someone walling off the area to control the resource. 

This does not provide anything to a roleplay server, this is griefing.

If this were done as part of a big base project, I'd have no issue with this.  Hell, introduce some fun roleplay with it, start charging people for access to the well!

But, if someone just runs around boxing in all the wells for seemingly no reason, especially if they leave no access aside from dismantling, fuck that.

To help with some of your concerns,

PCgoals.PNG.af8b49dafd98d179a5dadc116d52d216.PNG

The walling off of wells(Unless someone else is doing it as well) is being done by the Corporation. It was in the group goals when it got approved, and we believe it will bring some interesting RP now that we are actually going ahead with it. 

Also, there was a global broadcast that your character may have heard when Corp started this:

CorpBroadcast.PNG.67c02473cd41eded7b5adf380ca866fa.PNG

Regardless, this is mainly for those of you thinking there would be no role play coming from this, or that this was just griefing. The goal about monopolizing resources should give you an idea of what we are going for without too many spoilers. Essentially, we're just trying to control a resource. Sorry again for any confusion and I hope I cleared up some of your worries.

I see complaining when there should be people adapting to this situation and putting some thought into why it was done. Out of all the bandit groups I’ve seen over the years I have NEVER met one that did one simple thing that would provide some great RP. Claiming water sources and putting up security around them. You could literally block resources and FORCE people to pay you for water rights. This is an excellent avenue of roleplay that no one has done. Take some inspiration from this. Adapt and overcome. 

Edited by ZeroRP

9 minutes ago, About400Crows said:

-snip-

i think that some people were concerned that if they were to take down the walls around the well that they would be hit with griefing. 

5 minutes ago, PhoenyxxRP said:

i think that some people were concerned that if they were to take down the walls around the well that they would be hit with griefing. 

No one will be reported for tearing down walls to gain access to the water. That is a completely valid IC reaction to what we're doing. Reporting for that would be ruleplay over roleplay imo, and you can quote me on that if any reports do go up regarding someone breaking into the wells.

1 minute ago, About400Crows said:

No one will be reported for tearing down walls to gain access to the water. That is a completely valid IC reaction to what we're doing. Reporting for that would be ruleplay over roleplay imo, and you can quote me on that if any reports do go up regarding someone breaking into the wells.

This is all I wanted to know personally, if Corp is fine with people tearing down these walls and KNOWS that it is going to be the most likely outcome at wells all over the map then I'm fine with it. I just wanted to make sure I or any other players wouldn't be hit with a griefing report for trying to keep my/their character from dying from dehydration.

I concur with @About400Crows. We've been working toward this goal since last April in fact. We personally would never throw up a griefing report over removing a wall from the wells. The goal's purpose is to spark more conflict and therefore more RP in the server, not get people banned. This should be taken as 100% in-character. Though, I expect we'll be having more visitors at the compound soon enough as a result. 😄 

I was going to complain... until I saw these opinions:

Spoiler
34 minutes ago, About400Crows said:

Regardless, this is mainly for those of you thinking there would be no role play coming from this, or that this was just griefing. The goal about monopolizing resources should give you an idea of what we are going for without too many spoilers. Essentially, we're just trying to control a resource. Sorry again for any confusion and I hope I cleared up some of your worries.

Spoiler
28 minutes ago, ZeroRP said:

I see complaining when there should be people adapting to this situation and putting some thought into why it was done. Out of all the bandit groups I’ve seen over the years I have NEVER met one that did one simple thing that would provide some great RP. Claiming water sources and putting up security around them. You could literally block resources and FORCE people to pay you for water rights. This is an excellent avenue of roleplay that no one has done. Take some inspiration from this. Adapt and overcome. 

Now I like it. It's a very original way to annoy poor thirsty peasants! XD!

It's one of those moments when you think "What's happening??? Everybody went crazy!!!" XD!

Just to add on my comment, I would recommend some people to watch “The Book of Eli” and pay attention to the raiders and other baddies in the movie. That is something I think a lot of people want to see when they come to DayZRP. Checkpoints and highway robbery is a cornerstone of bandit RP but can get old, the other things in the movie are pretty awesome and I would love to see more of what’s in that movie in RP. 

45 minutes ago, ZeroRP said:

can't wait to hit a wall for 10 minute with an axe, so much character development

like i wouldn't mind it if people were there to rp it out, but when you just pull up to it and see the well walled off is just like cmon bro

3 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

can't wait to hit a wall for 10 minute with an axe, so much character development

like i wouldn't mind it if people were there to rp it out, but when you just pull up to it and see the well walled off is just like cmon bro

Yeah I can see that being frustrating, especially if they start doing it at every well, but if this were done in say Kab, I wouldn’t have an issue with it as there are three other wells in a 1 kilometer radius or so. Still, some people taxing for water rights or holding up people for avoiding their well would be pretty sweet. 

I'm not tryin to die of hydration, lemme hop that fence.

Seems like they have a reason for it, and since its not a griefing attempt. 
As long as they gaurd them and RP it out well, there shouldn't be an issue

That's the thing. If people protect wells and try and monopolize them that provides a window for RP. 

FFL did that in Pulkovo a few months ago. 

The difference is just walling off random areas never to return doesn't contribute anything but an annoyance.

This not Griefing it’s part of our role play, I got permission from Rolle to do this specifically a long time ago, feel free to bring this up with me in PMs

we have no use for your guns really — we have our own— our objectives in country right now are to monopolize South Zagorias water supply 

this should hopefully make hostile RP more interesting as it won’t be the he standard, 10 seconds drop your weapons, instead we care about where your getting your water from and how recently

its the appocalypse and resources are scarce, why wouldn’t we be going after what is arguably one of the most important resources of them all

6 hours ago, neom said:

Basically playing monopoly there lad, 1 ak for a drink, big business moves there!

but in all fairness this is a dick thing to do and the moment you break it down you’ll get reported for grieffing. 

We will not report you for griefing, you have to break it down to steal our water that’s the idea 

good luck!

6 hours ago, OxeN said:

what the fuck haha, who does that.

We do, it is one of the Corporations main objectives of this wave, we are still conducting medical research but it’s taken a back seat