Server time (UTC): 2020-09-27, 13:59
Sign in to follow this  
AndreyQ

Can we ban people that do this?

Basically playing monopoly there lad, 1 ak for a drink, big business moves there!

but in all fairness this is a dick thing to do and the moment you break it down you’ll get reported for grieffing. 

- PLAYER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST -

what the fuck haha, who does that.

5 minutes ago, neom said:

Basically playing monopoly there lad, 1 ak for a drink, big business moves there!

but in all fairness this is a dick thing to do and the moment you break it down you’ll get reported for grieffing. 

But, what if you build it up and put landmines in there? That's pretty effective area denial tool. But totally dick move. 

That is pretty cheap and shouldnt be a thing. Any staff opinions on this?

Well then... 

What annoys me is you can’t crawl under open fences anymore which makes this shit ten times more annoying

+1 this it is actually pretty easy to die from dehydration ingame I died about 2 days ago just outside a town which is annoying in itself. This is really annoying. I can just see it someone desperate for water running to a well and that well is blocked off and they die right outside the walls making them extremely angry I know I would be. Umm yeah I personally would make a report

I would file a report. Its one thing if the pump was within an enclosed compound but this is a total jerk move.

Looks like they're closing off the compound.. It's a dick move, wouldn't say its ban worthy. Does however give you a reason to come back and smack a fool around for blocking off some fine Chernarussian spring water.

While it's a bit of a dick move to do because water drains fast and not everyone can be bothered to prepare with a adequate supply of hydration, this is not against the rules.

If this had just been a random closed off well in some small town that nobody goes to, I would immediately be onboard with its removal, but it does seem from the screenshot that you're visiting someone else's base (in progress or not). Maybe the people that own the place want to claim the water supply and charge people for it? I think this would be better handled ICly with this food for thought in mind than smack people OOCly for blocking access to water.

EDIT: @Mexi too fast for me.

Edited by Kenyi

This is no different from people building their base with a well inside it. I don't see anything wrong here, securing an important resource for their community.

Just now, Roland said:

This is no different from people building their base with a well inside it. I don't see anything wrong here, securing an important resource for their community.

with what lock?

there are 3 fences, no gates

Edited by AndreyQ

Its literally just fenced off, I'd be interested in knowing the reason why.

This is an obvious attempt at being a dick, memer, or a jokester. No camp in a real apocalypse would block off a well with no access to it for themselves, along with the rest of the world.

This is what the British army calls "Denial of assets" lmao

If we cant have it no one can!

Hmmm... quite an effective strategy. An Army can only march so far with out fresh water. I'm interested in seeing where this leads. 

If this was done inside a single base, I'm not as against it. The lock could have been cut off/wire removed from someone that boosted in, or who knows. I won't weigh in on that. 

If someone is just going around the map walling in all the wells with three fences, then thats a dick move and shouldn't be allowed. 

9 minutes ago, Roland said:

So you’ll deal with the greifing report when it goes up ?

10 minutes ago, Roland said:

Time to fence off every well in Chernarus. I won't get invalid kill right?

This is a low iq play right here folks, if not a break of 2.3. 

4 minutes ago, Rover said:

If this was done inside a single base, I'm not as against it.

People shouldn't be building closed bases with wells inside them. If you're gunna build your walls around a well at least have the decency to make sure people still have access to it. This is just a dick move. 

Edited by Queerios

This is fine, I see no issue here, only a reason to come back and beat the shit out of whoever walled it off.

As for walling off wells, if it's next to a base, or inside it, it's okay, but if you go around all of chernarus and seal all of the wells I don't think there is any question that you will probably get done for it.

If its only fences thats some horseshit

33 minutes ago, Roland said:

Bruh what? The guy literally blocked off a well, what is the beneficial purpose of blocking a well off? It clearly isnt a base. This person is clearly doing it to be a dick and they think its funny.

Isnt this quite obviously griefing? there is no reason to do this except to prevent people getting water