Server time (UTC): 2020-08-12, 11:49
Flea Market
TOMORROW | 2020-08-13 22:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 10 hours, 10 minutes
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vash Nille

My first time caller introduction

Guest Vash Nille

Hey yall,

I am pretty new to Dayz (and using my dormant Steam account), but not new to RP or gaming.  I am 51 years old and remember when we had to do this with paper, pencils and dice. The modern way is arguably better - and worse. And we can happily discuss that anytime!

Very impressive site and structure here. I want to be a part of it very much, because I have found the public servers to be exactly what you'd expect from public servers of this sort. Crappy players and no real RP. So I hope my slim steam account wont be my hurdle here. I have been playing DayZ, quite literally about 20+ hours a day for the last week or so. I have gotten to where I can navigate, stay alive and thrive reasonably well, but have not gotten into much combat or base building yet. I dont see the point of the base effort on the public boxes, since they get ransacked as soon as you log out or die anyway, and Ive been soloing because, I never see anybody else and I avoid large public spaces to survive so far. I have explored a LOT of the map though and can roughly navigate by clouds, stars, sun, moon and landmarks using external maps - which I had to resort to, simply to find a way off the beach and inland without dying on the way for lack of resources. I know "how to play" but I haven't found the public servers really conducive to actually playing. Its mayhem and that has its time and place, but I take this pretty seriously. And I am super impressed by how serious this site and server appear to be set up.

I do want to add its a bit unnerving to choose a name before seeing much of anything else during registration, thus potentially meaning I choose something that wont fit in, but so it goes, I can live with my choice, a fairly obvious play on Nashville, where I live - Vash Nille - I really liked the aspect of zombieland where everyone called each other by city names, so I ran with it. 

I have a backstory in mind... I have chosen a name, I have begun drilling down into every page of this site and the rules and related links like the role playing intro video, etc. I am going through all the setup steps now and Ill find your discord link eventually. Im super discord hip, having used it in guild wars 2 and also in the cryptocurrency world A LOT, even admining about a dozen discords of my own and helping others run theirs so Im glad you use that for sure. Familiar ground for me.

I really want to PLAY this game with other serious players, not a bunch of trigger happy teenagers who think its all CoD all the time. That kinda sucks. 

So here I am. Rock me like a hurricane. What else do you want to know about me so I can come play with the big kids?

Thanks
Vash Nille

PS, I found dayzrp by google for "best dayz servers" which lead me to some listing website directory, where I sorted through dozens and found you. 

Hello

Guest Vash Nille

Hi. Im all over here trying to get steam public enough to get through the gate for newbs. It says error, but I made it all public, every section. Working on it. 🙂

Anyway - hi

You have not played DayZ long enough.
We require that you have at least 10 hours played in DayZ on your Steam profile!

We could not find DayZ on your Steam account!

Um, not true though? I have played about 156 hours according to what I see on my side (in less than two weeks!)

So um Im stuck...

image.png.b86cbb754d63b924604c557ecfb2b28d.png

Got it, pesky tiny checkbox for "show play time"

Edited by Vash Nille

Welcome @Vash Nille to our community.

Hope you enjoy it here 🙂

Guest Vash Nille
8 minutes ago, Hofer said:

Welcome @Vash Nille to our community.

Hope you enjoy it here 🙂

Thanks! I just hope I can pass all the entrance exams 🙂

Welcome man, hope you enjoy it here.