Server time (UTC): 2020-01-26, 04:00 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
copeboy

KOS - NorthWest AirField

Server and location: US dayzrp, Northwest airfield

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): server time 12:30 -2:00, 2019-11-21

Your in game name: Ted Zali

Names of allies involved: 

Name of suspect/s: volli and two others 

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any):

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot):

Detailed description of the events:I was kos on the airfield from a group of 3 players who had robbed a guy 15 minutes before I got there and they killed me from over 200 meters without talking to me or telling me anything just shot and killed/ inferno the discord mod asked if I wanted to talk to them, I said yes. then when they joined discord they got all defense when I told them they killed me and said there was a guy shotting at them with an ak variant but they told inferno there was only one guy there then they shot me a bit after there hold up happened! so I don't understand why they killed a guy after a hold up and let him go, then kill me 5 to 15 minutes later. plus I had vision on them at the airfield for 5 minutes then I wanted to interact with them because its a rp server and before anything could be said I get sniped. no rolepplay kos which I think this should be brought up and talked about because after the mod telling me nothing would be done about this I lost all my equipment to some KOSers. I learned that you can go to a town and hold someone up and for the next 30 minutes I can kill anyone who comes to this location just because they might be in a group with them! 

Edited by copeboy

CONNECTION LOGS:

Spoiler

23:36:28 | Player "Ted Zali" is connected
01:50:20 | Player "Ted Zali" has been disconnected

22:58:20 | Player "Callahan McDuffin" is connected
02:14:34 | Player "Callahan McDuffin" has been disconnected
02:16:19 | Player "Callahan McDuffin" has been disconnected
02:17:45 | Player "Callahan McDuffin" is connected

HIT LOGS:

Spoiler

00:53:09 | Player "John Kosciuszko" hit by Player "Callahan McDuffin"  into RightArm(19) for 7 damage (MeleeFist)

01:03:10 | Player "Ted Zali" hit by Player "Callahan McDuffin" with Winchester Model 70 from 105.32 meters 
01:03:10 | Player "Ted Zali" hit by Player "Callahan McDuffin" with Winchester Model 70 from 105.32 meters 

KILL LOGS:

Spoiler

01:02:48 | Player "John Kosciuszko" (DEAD) killed by Player "Paul Pippy" with M4A1 from 169.28 meters 

01:03:10 | Player "Ted Zali" (DEAD) killed by Player "Callahan McDuffin" with Winchester Model 70 from 105.32 meters 

CALLING IN THE FOLLOWING FOR THEIR POV AND ANY VIDEO EVIDENCE THEY MAY HAVE:

@copeboy | Ted Zali | OP
@HDragon | Callahan McDuffin | POSTED

@RedMills - John Kosciuszko

@tossVC - Paul Pippy

To start with @tossVC and I were rolplaying with @Queerios. Queerios had decided to log off for a bit but stayed in our discord while he watched my stream. We had ran to NWAF and ran into some random, we roleplayed with him for a few minutes before the conversation turned very hostile and we initiated on him at the crashed C-130. After about 5 minutes into the situation I see a guy at the camo building to the S. After some more roleplay the man asks to be executed saying he doesn't want to live thru the outbreak anymore. After some talking to with him, he decided this is what he really wants, we make him walk his final walk S down the runway and tell him we will end it after some time of walking. Tosstheball shoots the man and knocks him out. After killing some infected the we start receiving some gunfire from the camo building by a suppressed AK, we take approximately 10 shots. After the first 3 shots, we fled to cover behind the C-130 and began flanking to the west. We reach a small hill and begin pushing to the camo building, I come up on the ruins and see a guy that had just finished sprinting and is now jogging. I pull my winchester out and try to figure out who he is, I identify him as the same guy that was at the camo building previously and see he was carrying a suppressed AK. I take the shot and he falls.

There are also a few things that I'd like to clarify with staff and some errors in the OP’s statement I’d like to point out. Firstly, can @Fae please pull the logs for when I punched the guy and when @tossVC shot him, as I do not believe that there was 15 minutes from the last shot to the time I shot the OP. Secondly, we never told @Inferno that there was “only one guy,” we initiated on one person but were under the impression that the guy we initiated on was part of a larger group because of the way he was acting prior to our initiation and during the subsequent roleplay provided. Because of this, when we started taking shots, we were led to believe that we were taking shots from a friend or group of the original guy's party. Also, @Infernonever told the OP that "nothing would be done about this" he told the OP "If he feels the need to report this then he can and the GM's will handle it”. Thirdly, the OP also states that he had eyes on us for about 5 minutes before he was shot. If this was true, he would have seen us robbing and executing an individual. Why would any reasonable person decided to interact with two such people? Again, the OP walked into an active robbery/gunfight by his own choice. Additionally, when we asked the OP why he was in the area where we had taken suppressed AK shots from, with a suppressed AK, he told us he was “killing zombies”. This seems highly unlikely as we had aggro’d the zombies in the area when we shot, unsuppressed, the guy we originally initiated on. It seems rather coincidental that the OP was in the area we had taken shots from, the camo building, with the same gun we had just taken said shots from.

Finally I'd like to point out that in our entire interaction with the OP, after the event, in the help desk overseen by @Inferno the OP came into the discussion with an aggressive attitude and seemed annoyed mainly by the fact that he lost his gear, even going as far as asking myself and @Inferno if he could go back to get his gear or if we could deliver his gear to him. This is a blatant attempt to break NLR. The OP repeatedly made comments about @Queerios, @tossVC, and myself calling us kids, immature, and sizing us down in the end to "Just some KOSers" and told us multiple times that we need to didn’t know the rules and should re-read them. We have all been a part of this community for more than a year and have provided plenty of roleplay showing our respect for the rules.

Logs have been updated to show the time the previous individual was punched and killed.

Do either of you have video evidence of the incident? 

HDragon I just think its super funny that your group 2 days in a row get a report on yall. now you tell me who aint RPing I really don't care about this server and don't care if I never get to play on it again for the simple fact that I was RPing and you guys killed me not knowing if I was apart of that kid you killed. well that's apart of the RP that you have to take into consideration, and hope that im not a part of. I know theres attack and defender rights. but that doesn't explain why you killed an innocent player who was not affiliated with the guy held up. So now that I know there was in instances where you guys failed to RP correctly.  

and another this if you can check the logs and see what gear I had on, I had a rucksack I couldn't sprint. so him saying I was sprinting and then jogging at them is a lie. yesterday was the first time I played on the server and never seen this rucksack before its 120 slots so I figured it would be the best for finding gear and holding my meds in because im a doctor named Ted Zali. so I used it knowing now that I cant sprint.

Hdragon said in this comment on here: There are also a few things that I'd like to clarify with staff and some errors in the OP’s statement I’d like to point out. Firstly, can @Fae please pull the logs for when I punched the guy and when @tossVC shot him, as I do not believe that there was 15 minutes from the last shot to the time I shot the OP. Secondly, we never told @Inferno that there was “only one guy,” we initiated on one person but were under the impression that the guy we initiated on was part of a larger group because of the way he was acting prior to our initiation and during the subsequent roleplay provided.

he told me not inferno, inferno was just in the channel listening because he wasn't aloud to say anything. so I want to point out that this Hdragon kid lied I told him I was in the second floor camo brig looking through the windows at them for 5 to 15 minutes and never seen them kills this kid. sorry I didn't notice he had just killed this kid but what I don't understand is the story they told me when I was in the discord with Hdragon, tossVC, and I guess queerios and mod inferno is almost completely different. Another them they all told me there was only one guy and he asked them to kill him after the robbery. once the robbery ended because there was no one shotting at them. I was the only other person shotting and I was at the camo building moving to the first floor to kill that zombies outside and make my way to them to interact and try and RP with them and see how they RPed. instead they killed me not knowing who I was or talking to me first to make a reason to kill me. just sniped by HDragon. Now im sitting here typing all this out because I don't understand why he would lie about this shit to cover his ass. I just want some justice because this aint the first time him and his friends failed to RP correctly...

Hdragon said this too: as I do not believe that there was 15 minutes from the last shot to the time I shot the OP.

I never told him there was 15 minutes between them shots. I told him I was at the commander tent south of the brig with 3 other players trading and talking with them for 10 to 15 minutes and moved to the brig and watched them for 5 minutes. not seeing this fourth kid who they killed. I then moved to the first floor to kill the zombies outside the main door. then proceed to move around back to go RP with them. then sniped

I have no video evidence because I forgot to change my screen on stream using OBS lol. and it was a black screen the whole time... really wish I would have noticed that this was the case then I would have video for yall but I do apologize for me being so stupid not to notice.

And with this being said also by HDragon: Finally I'd like to point out that in our entire interaction with the OP, after the event, in the help desk overseen by @Inferno the OP came into the discussion with an aggressive attitude and seemed annoyed mainly by the fact that he lost his gear, even going as far as asking myself and @Inferno if he could go back to get his gear or if we could deliver his gear to him. This is a blatant attempt to break NLR. The OP repeatedly made comments about @Queerios, @tossVC, and myself calling us kids, immature, and sizing us down in the end to "Just some KOSers" and told us multiple times that we need to didn’t know the rules and should re-read them. We have all been a part of this community for more than a year and have provided plenty of roleplay showing our respect for the rules.

only saying this to make a point that I cant go back to northwest airfield and loot for the gear back because I had literally respawned at vybor. and not allowed back for a hour because of the rules and I done all this infront of inferno with him telling me that would be against the rules and I said yes I know that's why im saying this because they had been telling me  it was an accident and didn't mean to kill me... how do you not mean to kill another player? by shotting a zombie and it penetrates and killed me... No they just shot me in the head because where I died was right behind the brig build in the ruins. Look this kid is trying to make points that I didn't know the rules and I was the aggrieve one but his buddy in the discord was raising his voice and getting mad and was told multiple times to shut up by HDragon and the other friend. im guessing because they knew they were in the wrong for killing me. so after I made the report he asked a mod to talk with me so I join the discord to find out what he was wanting. he was so upset that I had made this report on him because this is the second report on them in two days.

im not saying this kid breaks rules everyday but from listening to him talk and how he was expressing his feelings in our conversation without his friends and the way they were expressing during the conversation with all his friends had changed so much. so much that I knew this guy was lying about how he had done this and I believe he was lying about taking shots hile I was watching this. So I really hope this gets figured out and settled because I profiled all three of the players who was in the discord with the mod the first time an then profile HDragon when it was just me and him and the mod. a lot changed in his demeaner "i think that's how that's spelled "  it was almost like he knew that he was in the wrong and was lying to cover up his friends and didn't want to be investigated. im just trying to figure out why he would come on to the report forums and lie about how things went down. he says hes been on the server for more than a year but still cant RP correctly and says I was the aggressor of the conversation when I think it was vossTC was getting so heated and mad that he said to be told by his group and inferno to shut up. 

and further more I never told them they were immature. also never told them they didn't know the rule I said " you told me you have been a member for years maybe you should go reread the rules".

Hdragon said: Again, the OP walked into an active robbery/gunfight by his own choice. Additionally, when we asked the OP why he was in the area where we had taken suppressed AK shots from, with a suppressed AK, he told us he was “killing zombies”. This seems highly unlikely as we had aggro’d the zombies in the area when we shot, unsuppressed, the guy we originally initiated on. It seems rather coincidental that the OP was in the area we had taken shots from, the camo building, with the same gun we had just taken said shots from.

ok so after running to the camo building I had a zombie aggro me running into the brig. after I watched them for around 5 minutes, I ran down stairs opened the door and there was a zombie still there I killed it with an akm suppressed and still brought more to the front so as I killed them and they kept coming I finally got the last one. 

this kid is literally trying to cover his own ass by making point that are wrong, telling lies which I think is really funny, and says I walked into an active RP hold up? ok this has been a good one. just from read what he had to say I really dislike this guy and hope that this gets settled rather quickly because I was raised not to lie. always tell the truth and things will come out right. I have lived by this ever through grade school and college now that I work and graduated I still live by this even with my RP characters from, Minecraft, Garrys mod, GTA 5 M, and any others ive played. lying so a mod about what happen is not a smart thing. another good point is when Hdragon and his friends were in there I never asked the mod anything. when they left I asked the mod Inferno a question and he replied and I said "so nothing will be done about this kid kosing me" so I want to know how HDragon found out about me asking inferno something with HDragon no longer in the discord channel? 

This is going to be my last response because I will be out of town. I also have no video evidence of the situation.

The OP states that he had watched us for 5 minutes. If this is true he would have seen us in the open at the end of the airfield as John Kosciuszko did his death march. He then would have seen us execute John and (like the OP said) kill zombies. So he was more than well aware of the hostile action we were taking. Might I mention that John was wearing a Twitch shirt and blue fedora, something infected never have, this would help him identify John as a player and not an infected. The OP made the decision to enter an area where gunfire was present, that responsibility lays on the OP's character to decide whether it is safe or not to enter.

I would like to point out that in the OP's final paragraph he states, " just from read what he had to say I really dislike this guy and hope that this gets settled rather quickly because I was raised not to lie". This just smells of salt and I'd like to counter for 2.4. I feel that most of this report is written in a stance that shows the OP is upset, this is obvious in the final paragraph.

I'd also like to counter for lying in a report. In the OP's original POV he states that there was 15 minutes between our robbery and his death. In his second response he claims, "I never told him there was 15 minutes between them shots". Our final shot would be the death of John with the next one being on the OP. 

Logs will be updated later calling in two more detailed POVs. Along with any video evidence you might have. Thank You.

POV: after me and vali finish robbing a man who wishes to die afterwards we take suppressed shots from the camo building 

copeboy is seen with a suppressed rifle near the ammo building and is presumably shot

that is my pov

So I had logged in and decided to run to NWAF solo to look for some loot. Ended up getting that weird glitch where your player has his arm stuck in the air with his pistol where you can't fire (typical DayZ). I ended up somehow dropping the pistol and pulled out the AK and had to spray a bunch of zombies swarming me. After going through that I started walking north towards the tents at the airfield when I saw two guys running up to me from behind.

@HDragon and @tossVC started talking to me, saying that they thought there was a gunfight going on and so they ran towards the shots. We ended up walking over towards the C-130 where the two of them started asking me questions and interrogating me and such. It was pretty clear that they were planning to rob me or some other sort of hostile RP when it felt like they were trying to bait me into some sort of initiation or some basis for them to hold me up for my gear. After conversing with the two of them, one of their characters I suppose was feigning that he is insulted by me just saying "okay" or such to one of them who was claiming to be Latin American (it was clear they weren't from their accent and the nature of the questions they were asking me) and they proceeded to tell me to put my hands up and walk into the C-130. Once we were in the aircraft they proceeded to tie me up with duct tape and take most of the gear off my body, including the clothes I had on, the guns, etc and threw other clothes on me.

They were initially going to let me go to pass information to some group or another character elsewhere on the map, but as my character's progression had him in a rough spot in life, I told them my character was depressed and didn't wish to live much longer. So the two guys walked me out of the aircraft and told me to break the duct tape and to run down the length of the airfield and they would try to grant my characters wish. I did so and started running, and they eventually started shooting at me and I ended up unconscious. I woke up wounded and kept walking down the length of the airfield, as I would continue as my character who I didn't want to actually die at this point IC. I assumed they were shooting nearby zombies attracted by the shots at me as I kept hearing gunshots and then I suppose I dropped dead after blood loss or perhaps they came back and finished me off. 

So I'm not sure where any of my actions prior to me meeting the two of you or the brief IC chat we had would lead you to thinking I was in a larger group but like I said I was on my own. I didn't have any knowledge of @copeboy or was allied with anyone in this encounter. 

I also don't have any video evidence of my POV sorry.

Edited by RedMills

SUMMARY:

@HDragon + Co. were at the crashed aeroplane in north west airfield, having taken an individual hostage. Their hostage claims to want to be executed, and so they make him walk down the runway and eventually they shoot him dead. @HDragon + Co. deal with the infected drawn to their gunfire and apparently take shots from nearby, though none of them hit their target. @HDragon + Co. find the source of the shots quickly, which appears to be coming from @copeboy, and they shoot and kill him.

RULEBREAKS:

Unfortunately, due to the lack of evidence and conflicting POVs, the staff team cannot come to a conclusion about what happened here. Our logs do not show anyone getting hit by @copeboy, but this does not mean he did not fire shots in @HDragon's direction once they had shot their hostage. In future, we request that players attempt to record incidents like this with software such as shadowplay or plays.tv, which gives the required evidence to back up claims made. 

We ask that all individuals check their targets properly before firing, and if in doubt, ALWAYS initiate, to avoid any potential mis-identifications.

VERDICT:

Invalid Kill (On Sight) | @HDragon | INCONCLUSIVE

SIGNED: @Fae, @Hofer + @Rover