Server time (UTC): 2019-12-07, 03:04 WE ARE RECRUITING
PRISON ESCAPE
TODAY | 2019-12-07 20:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 16 hours, 55 minutes | Event Server
Sign in to follow this  
AndreyQ

[TRIAL] NWAF KOS Zone

free bobby shmurda  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Meant to vote no, having been apart of another server that has this, it makes where ever the KOS zone is a ghost town even at peak hours. -1 from me

I'm on the nope-train here. It shouldn't be about killing, no matter where. There is plenty of RP to be had at NWAF, and I feel like it will basically just become a non-RP zone. No good.

11 minutes ago, Dingle said:

I'm on the nope-train here. It shouldn't be about killing, no matter where. There is plenty of RP to be had at NWAF, and I feel like it will basically just become a non-RP zone. No good.

50 minutes ago, Isaiah Rinkasonn said:

Feel the irresistible urge to blast people on sight? Go on public servers or pvp servers. No need for KOS zones on RP server. -1 from here. 

It isn't about killing, it's about proper fear where it's needed. People literally walk around the airfield like it's a park take all that they can and leave. Having KOS zones would not only instill fear where it's properly needed but add risk to reward for those that hoard weapons allowing others to find them if they so choose to risk it.

Spoiler

fg65pzd59ez31.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Edited by Finn

I'm all for segregation. Keep the filthy PvPers away from the corners of the map. 

The intention is good, but I'm not convinced this'll bring about fear as much as it'll just mean non groups avoiding these KOS areas like the plague. I'm not totally against that kind of thing, I know groups have occupied most of the airfield before. It probably needs to be thought out and presented in detail before there's any chance of a community consensus on the matter though.

38 minutes ago, Drbeans said:

Realistically, yes - it would make sense... but on an rp server, nah fam. Like everyone already said, gray areas, salt reports, legit reports... gonna end up killing the airfield all together. Plus, Tisy & NE spawn semi-decent mil loot so it won't be stopping loot pirates, people will just avoid it. 

-1 Just go play pub if you want to KOS 

All gray areas can be fixed with detailed rules.

Shooting in or out = invalid kills.

The airfield is already dead, the only RP that happens there is crap, honestly.

It isn't about killing people because you want to, it's about instilling fear and introducing risk for reward.

As for going to other areas, if this proves to help the loot economy it should go everywhere.

24 minutes ago, Methias said:

YEAH ! I cant wait to be able to legit stand on the edge of the airfield boundary sniping at boys n fam's with my AWM then just stepping back off of the property and disappearing into the grass like a snake .. 

-1 No thank you.. this is not a good idea.. we have had this discussion countless times.. I would be open to the idea on a separate hive or S2 , but not on all servers.. 

p.s My first statement is aired with quite the pinch of sarcasm.

Shooting into a KOS zone, that's what rules are for. As for running away after shooting, that's what risks people who go into the airfield will need to take into consideration instead of double-bagging their way across the main strip of the airfield.

1 minute ago, Finn said:

It isn't about killing, it's about proper fear where it's needed. People literally walk around the airfield like it's a park take all that they can and leave. Having KOS zones would not only instill fear where it's properly needed but add risk to reward for those that hoard weapons allowing others to find them if they so choose to risk it.

In my personal opinion, here is how I think it was going to turn out:

1. Some people will prioritize going to NWAF to PvP over RP'ing.
This is probably the number one reason why I don't think this should happen. Even though we all would like to think the contrary, I just know that this is going to be the case. There is going to be some players that are tired of doing hostile RP,  or just RP in general, and they will craft a ghillie, sit in a bush, and snipe all day. And when the overall motive of the server is to RP, this is a no go. When it comes to fear, there are plenty of other reasons that you could fear going to NWAF. Hell, I'm cautious when I go there, from risk of getting held up. In my opinion, the fear should come from getting robbed by other players. It's a hotzone for looters, and many will any day of the week just take the loot of a guy who has been roaming around, so they themselves don't have to go through the hassle of doing it themselves.

2. Gear hoarders will avoid it.
If you're one of the unfortunate players that care too much about your gear, you are just not going to take the risk. There are plenty of other military bases around, that have what you are looking for. It wouldn't take long for a player to go through a route of Balota, Pavlovo, Myshkino and Tisy to get the gear they need, without having to worry about PvP. If you want a risk or fear of people looting in military zones, all of them have to be KoS zones, otherwise it is just going to be redundant AF.

All in all, it's going to be too hard to control in the regards stated above. It isn't going to provide the desired effect, I can almost guarantee it.
HOWEVER, this is just my PERSONAL opinion.

Considering, that most people either loot gear or rob gear or raid for gear, I see no benefit on this. And "Fear" into game? Good hostile groups bring fear into the game. Getting "high risk high reward" for running into a mil zone is meh. People said that it will desolate these areas. Well, It will do so. And yet, people will be gathering the equipment. Slower, but still, surely.

With the recent increase in military spawning, this may be the solution we need. I personally really enjoy roleplay servers with KOS zones, as it feels more realistic. same as the toxic zones from before, this may deter people from constantly looting high grade military loot and hoarding it away. A KOS zone would prevent people from entering NWAF without worry, and overall would make sense for such a high grade military zone. As of late, NWAF has been extremely easy to get fully geared in after the change in weapon spawning, and this would hopefully balance that out imo. big +1 from me, good proposal @AndreyQ

I really want to say yes to this I really do but I can see so many grey areas with it, yes it may lessen the amount of pvp that would go on outside of it if people know NWAF is a KOS zone but I can see the reports that can be made from it for example person A shots person B just on the border and person B gets angry and says he was shot outside the NWAF zone resulting in a report that has person B outlining the KOS zone and saying he was shot just outside to try and get person A into trouble.

I would love it cause it would put fear into people who want the high end gear but I can already see it people will get tired of it and eventually would be a ghost town so for me it's -1.

55 minutes ago, APositiveJade said:

Sorry andrey rzone has the same exact thing and noone even uses it. A nice idea on paper and worth a trail run but I don't think it'll stay popular after people get tired of dying

People do use it, a lot. Its one of the main reasons high grade military loot became such a well earned currency, because only people who run the zones can get it.

2 minutes ago, AidanVC said:

People do use it, a lot. Its one of the main reasons high grade military loot became such a well earned currency, because only people who run the zones can get it.

I've never once seen anyone in the zones :< maybe I'm just bad at spotting

Just now, Dingle said:

1. Some people will prioritize going to NWAF to PvP over RP'ing.

2. Gear hoarders will avoid it.

I respect your opinion, no worries.

However, as for my thoughts

1. I've been on other servers with KOS zones and people barely camp it. 

2. We can simply modify it so that KOS zones spawn more gear than other non-KOS areas. By more I mean a durastic amount. People really need to stop prioritizing gear over RP.

Just now, Finn said:

I respect your opinion, no worries.

However, as for my thoughts

1. I've been on other servers with KOS zones and people barely camp it. 

2. We can simply modify it so that KOS zones spawn more gear than other non-KOS areas. By more I mean a durastic amount. People really need to stop prioritizing gear over RP.

If it's prioritizing rp over gear, why not reduce military spawns by 75% and increase the civilian spawns? As in my eyes, this would increase the amount of rp as well. 

5 minutes ago, Finn said:

People really need to stop prioritizing gear over RP.

+1 million. It sucks

And thanks for being nice. Always nice to have a decent conversation about it. As for a trial, I would be down to test it, but for implementation, I think it needs alot more review. Like minimal gray areas, and very clear and concise rules 

5 minutes ago, Finn said:

By more I mean a durastic amount.

And also I read this as "Jurassic amount" at first xD

images.jpg.9e2cca3ae206a1710c3c83bb9afa6294.jpg

Edited by Dingle
sᴘᴇʟʟɪɴɢ ᴄ:

Just now, Isaiah Rinkasonn said:

If it's prioritizing rp over gear, why not reduce military spawns by 75% and increase the civilian spawns? As in my eyes, this would increase the amount of rp as well. 

I agree in the increase of Civilian spawns as civilian weaponry and clothing should be more prevalent instead of everyone having assault rifles and military gear.

-1 from me. And I have a few reasons as to why.
1. RP. There is no RP about just gunning someone down. If it's KOS then you don't need initiation, you don't need a reason. You can just shoot at the guy you see. 
2. Player slots being taken up for PVP on an RP server is not good for the community as a whole.
3. It's already done and it is not very popular.
4. You'll soon IF this was implemented find out that people will abuse the hell out of a KOS zone. And it will just ruins the servers in the end.
All in all a big no from me. We already got enough PVP as it is.

There's a few groups that value PvP over RP anyways, having a PVP area might give newer groups a chance to actually build up and RP instead of having to run around finding new building supplies because the same groups raid them three times a week or more

@Finn I wouldn't be shooting "into" the zone.. I would step into it.. shoot... run !  

Fun for everyone involved even if I do say so myself..  😐 

Perhaps not KOS, but allow RDM. Players cannot be shot from nowhere per se, but initiations are not required.

I trust the community enough to not kill every single person.

Even bigger 10 person groups. If they see a single person I don't believe it'd always be just them getting gunned down, I still believe there'd be chances that people would still be held up, which is still needed even if it's a KOS zone.

With that said, +1 from me.

8 minutes ago, Finn said:

All gray areas can be fixed with detailed rules.

Shooting in or out = invalid kills.

The airfield is already dead, the only RP that happens there is crap, honestly.

It isn't about killing people because you want to, it's about instilling fear and introducing risk for reward.

As for going to other areas, if this proves to help the loot economy it should go everywhere.

I suppose the main problem I have is that.. it doesn't heighten or add anything to the roleplay of the server... which is the main focus at the end of the day. It doesn't usher people to interact. Risk for reward isn't strictly reserved for KOS. Hell, if it was possible - increase zombie spawns, decrease mil loot spawns. If players enforce it as a hostile area and provide GOOD fear roleplay to solidify the idea that it's dangerous... then people won't walk around willy-nilly, taking their time to loot. KOS doesn't instill fear, in character. Going to the airfield after being shot once may as well be NVFL. 

Either way, it won't be done unless boss man wanted it - and if it hasn't been implemented at this point, I don't think it ever will be. 

Please do this, please, this is amazing

its how it should be

there is no risk and we need more risks

every time you Enter the airfield it should feel like the roulette wheel is spinning and you just put everything you got on black

high stakes and high intensity is a good thing

also killing some one on sight is role play, you can do good role play and bad role play doing anything, KOSing someone is no different 

Edited by GaryCash

Overall +1 from me too. 
Now, I don't know if it is possible to increase the loot spawns on different areas on the map, IF it is, it would be cool to have it increased a bit on the NWAF if people were allowed to KOS there. I feel like this would bring a lot more tension between enemy groups ect. since it would make it worth it to take the risk of getting shot at. 
Sure people still RP at the airfield but in my experience, as of right now,  people are mainly just there for a quit grab and run and I feel like it is genuinely a place where people go if they want to "loot up" real quick and then get out of there.  

Side question in association with @Blake reply above: is it possible to up the zombie count too? This would work hand in hand with kosing and getting better loot.

If you KOS you now have a hoard to deal with. 

So it's still generally safer to hold people up.