Server time (UTC): 2020-01-21, 06:45 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
AndreyQ

[TRIAL] NWAF KOS Zone

free bobby shmurda  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love you Andrey but no. 
I don't agree with this at all, I despise servers that have KOS zones.

+1 from me. It might also help to lessen the amount of PvP happening outside of it, as everyone knows "You feel like killing some foos? Go to the airfield."

I think this would make it fair for people in the server. 

People who want to dedicate their time PvPing and risking to get gear can go there. 

Such as people who wanna just go fuck on PvP zones, they can.

But then there is a blackhole for NVFL. Kinda a loophole.

Feel the irresistible urge to blast people on sight? Go on public servers or pvp servers. No need for KOS zones on RP server. -1 from here. 

Not a fan of any sort of approved KOS places or rules.

I see far too many reports being placed around grey areas that this would open up, people shooting into/out of the area, the weirdness of needing to suddenly 'stop' shooting at someone if you were chasing them out of the airfield, etc.

I didn't read the thread, I voted yes for the Q

wait you mean we can't kos in NWAF right now?

... shit

but in all seriousness this seems cool. highly contested loot zone, high risk = high reward. Maybe increase military weapon spawns there to equalize the danger of a KoS zone.

Sorry andrey rzone has the same exact thing and noone even uses it. A nice idea on paper and worth a trail run but I don't think it'll stay popular after people get tired of dying

There are a ton of people that run around and loot simply because they know THEY CAN'T BE KOS'D. If they could be killed at any moment they wouldn't be running around in the open looting. 

+1 from me AndreyQ is an experienced Roleplayer and he knows how to improve RP

Army bases should be KOS zone's as off right now you can horde crap log out.

Edited by Eagle

No danger in military zones.

this is a good fix.

Realistically, yes - it would make sense... but on an rp server, nah fam. Like everyone already said, gray areas, salt reports, legit reports... gonna end up killing the airfield all together. Plus, Tisy & NE spawn semi-decent mil loot so it won't be stopping loot pirates, people will just avoid it. 

-1 Just go play pub if you want to KOS 

Just now, Drbeans said:

Realistically, yes - it would make sense... but on an rp server, nah fam. Like everyone already said, gray areas, salt reports, legit reports... gonna end up killing the airfield all together. Plus, Tisy & NE spawn semi-decent mil loot so it won't be stopping loot pirates, people will just avoid it. 

-1 Just go play pub if you want to KOS 

But these grey areas, salt reports, legit reports etc happen anyway so what actually is your counter argument?

After playing on another server for a little bit that did exactly the same as you're proposing, the airfield was dead unless it was off peak hours. It's not worth changing to what you've suggested purely based on exactly the same thing will happen here.

You can still just initiate on people, sure it's rule armour to prevent KOS but it's a needed and required extra step to maintain RP on an RP server.

12 minutes ago, General Rickets said:

But these grey areas, salt reports, legit reports etc happen anyway so what actually is your counter argument?

What dictates the solid boundary of when KOS is ok vs. when it's reportable. The  half broken fence? What about when people run away? Do you have valid kill rights by just shooting at them on the airfield? Should you be allowed to follow them outside these KOS zones? You can make NWAF a hostile, dangerous zone without resorting to KOS - be a hostile survivor, rob people, spread rumors. The point of an RP server is RP. People have already expressed that this idea doesn't work on other servers, so I don't know why people think it will work here.

Edited by Drbeans

-User was warned for this post-

I'm trying to 1v1 @KordrugaRP so a resounding YES

YEAH ! I cant wait to be able to legit stand on the edge of the airfield boundary sniping at boys n fam's with my AWM then just stepping back off of the property and disappearing into the grass like a snake .. 

-1 No thank you.. this is not a good idea.. we have had this discussion countless times.. I would be open to the idea on a separate hive or S2 , but not on all servers.. 

p.s My first statement is aired with quite the pinch of sarcasm.

+1 barely any meaningful RP happens in military areas. They should all be KOS.

Theres a lack of fear when going into military areas, people walk around them like it's a walk in the park. The RP that does happen is the casual "Do you have any 5.56?" "Ok bye".

If all military areas were kos zones less people would go to them. Allowing more weapons to be available to those that want to risk it.

This isnt about having a place to kill people, its about having fear when going to obviously dangerous areas.

Honestly quite like the high-risk high-reward aspect to a KOS zone where anything goes. 

+1

-1 , So many other communities already do this there's no need. We already set ourselves apart from a lot of other communities with not being a perma death server, and one of the communities without a KOS zone as well. Why remove one of the things that make us unique and have people even double guess where they're going to play at? If every community implements the same things, then it doesn't matter where you go to play.

Edited by Malthis