Server time (UTC): 2020-08-03, 12:55
Sign in to follow this  
Drtots

Jack Flack UnBan Appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair: All I did was take a backpack.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: So I was Banned with two of my friends and I understand that We where kinda in the wrong, but no need to punish all of us. As I was the lookout I didn't even talk the whole time I was outside I came in the shed/house to grab his backpack with no food in it or water then was to proceed to leave after taking it. I see no need to ban one from taking a backpack that was on the floor. We were not on the radio, so I had not much of a clue as to what was happening I just wanted a backpack I will Never steal a backpack again as I know it will get me banned so I'm sorry. I understand the whole situation on what happened And I know what to watch out for next time I felt the need to appeal as I didn't really do much wrong and this is my first so call bad thing that happened.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: To get unbanned Now rather then wait 4 days If possible.

What could you have done better?: Not taken the backpack.

Hello @Drtots,

A separate team of staff members have reviewed your appeal and come to the conclusion to deny it.

The reason why we're doing this is largely for the same reason the other appeal was denied as well. You did not leave the hostage with a reasonable chance to survive, as you left him no food nor water. This is a breach of the below rule.

4.6 If you successfully capture a player through a hostile action and then take him into your custody, he is now considered your hostage. You must do everything in your power to keep your hostages alive and in a relatively good health. That includes protecting them from external threats like zombies and leaving them with a realistic chance of survival when they are released. A character that is taken hostage may be executed once for a hostile incident that happened in the past where the hostage was personally responsible for, or participated in a death of your ally. In any other circumstances, hostages may only be executed in the following scenarios:

• Hostages do not comply with your demands after repeated requests or try to escape.
  • Hostages pose a direct threat to you or your group, for example by picking up a weapon when not allowed to.
  • Hostages do not value their life, for example they repeatedly talk back or insult you despite being told to stop.
  • Approved group of the hostage or their allies refuse to negotiate or open fire on hostage takers.
  • Demands from negotiations with approved group of the hostage have not been met after a reasonable time has elapsed.

You claim that you were just there and only took something from his backpack. This is a problem. You should've intervened and roleplayed with the hostage, you should've helped him by giving him some food, and you should've stopped it when he was being stripped. You broke a rule, and now you're serving the time. Use that time to properly read how hostages are supposed to be treated and handled.

WIth that said.

Appeal denied, points and ban stays.

Signed @Hofer & @Rover