Server time (UTC): 2020-01-27, 20:14 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Aron73

The long Travel

Disclaimer

After reading the lore and discovering that Nuclear weapons were used I'm going to change this from Fanfiction to official lore of my char,
No in-game characters will be used unless I get permission from them or I'm quoting them from an in-game encounter

Chapter 1

It's early morning as Daniel walks into the police station where he has been working for almost thirty years now.
"Good morning Daniel!", a female voice calls out as he walks to his office.
"Good morning Tina", Daniel answers as he passes her
He is a bit surprised that the station is so empty even though its almost 7 pm.
As he starts his computer and opens his mail his phone vibrates on the table.
The phone number is familiar and he answers
"Good morning sir"
"Good morning Daniel, I got an answer from the Cherno Russian police and they agreed to send over one police officer and since you got the experience and it was your idea I suggested that person would be you"
Daniel thinks for a while a bit concerned about this turn of events but not completely surprised.
"So who will take over my cases?"
"Most of them will go to different officers but the one you think of...well, let me be honest with you. You have been working on it for over two years now and produced no results, I think it is time to put it among the cold cases"
Daniel feels this is good because of his involvement in the crimes committed in this case.
"I can agree with this but only if I get to continue working on it ones I get home"
A deep sigh can be heard on the phone
"Daniel...I know the victims, if there are any are your friends but you need to let go, we don't even know if there has been a crime committed, But I promised you to take all the time you needed so, yes you can continue when you get home. Now you plane leaves tomorrow at 1:30 pm from Arlanda make sure your there"
"Thank you sir", Daniel says as he ends the call

12:30 pm Arlanda
Daniel looks around at the people of the airport and ends up staring at one particular lady sitting down and reading some magazine.
"She looks good", Daniel thinks to himself and looks away as she raises her gaze.
"Volvo, kids and a dog is for someone not as busy as I am", He thinks to himself
"Excuse me", The voice is female
Daniel looks up and is surprised that he had not noticed her coming toward him.
"erm...yes?", Daniel says as he looks at her
There is something familiar with her as he looks at her close up but he can not remember from where.
"I'm Silvia Hamilton...my boyfriend was Tor Hamilton...Can you tell me how your investigation is going...anything new?"
In an instant, Daniel remembers who she is and looks at her for a while before answering.
"I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to discuss an open case", The standard answer he has used so many times
"But I'm...his girlfriend...surly"
"I know and, I know how this sounds but that gives me another reason not to tell you anything", Daniel says and gives her a sad look.
"If I did not know what I do know you could still be a suspect after all he died less then a week after you two got together", he thinks to himself.
"So, I'm a suspect?"
"Listen, we don't even know if a crime has been committed, Your boyfriend disappeared and so did a female friend of his...I'm sorry but it could just have been obvious"
She is about to say something but seems to change her mind
"all I can tell you is that we are still treating this as a missing person case. There is so far no evidence of foul play. I'm sorry I know this is the last thing you wish to hear, but he is my friend too and this would not be the first time he dumped someone in a similar manner"
Her eyes fill with tears and Daniel stands up and carefully embraces her.
"I'm sorry but all I can do is look where the evidence leads me"
"I know...Thank you for not giving up", she mumbles.
"Passengers for Flight SA1792 bound for South Zagoria is ready for boarding at gate 14, Passagers for Flight SA1792 bound for South Zagoria is ready for boarding at gate 14"
"I'm sorry that's my plane", Daniel says as he slowly lets go of her.
"Thank you again for not giving up...and yes I refuse to believe he would leave me like that"
"I'm glad to hear", Daniel says and thinks to himself "Maybe I have to do something about that when I get home"
After saying their goodbyes he starts to walk to Gate 14.

For ones, Daniel gets some sleep on the aircraft but it is short-lived as he wakes up from a blinding flask.
He has just enough time to think it might be a thunderstorm before all the lights and engines go dark and all he can hear is the wind and some worried voices asking the flight attendances what's going on.
He looks forward as he can see one of the flight attendances quickly move to the forward section of the aircraft and picks up a phone.
Daniel picks up his own phone that was in aircraft mode when he boarded but is now completely black.
"Hmmm must have run out of battery", he thinks to himself for a moment before realizing it could be much worse.
He presses the button to call the flight attendant, but nothing happens he then looks out in the ile and raises his hand and soon after a flight attendance walks over to him.
"I'm officer Karlsson, whats going on?", he whispers in a low tone.
"We don't know, we can't even talk to the pilots"
"Anything I can do?"
"Yes talk to the passengers, try to keep them calm"
daniel nods and slowly gets up and walks in the opposite direction of the flight attendant.
He soon notices a family of three as they have a small kid with them who looks terrified, He walks over to them
"Everything okay here?", He asks with a calm voice
The two parents look at him for a moment but it is their daughter that talks first.
"Why is the plan not making noise?", she asks and looks at Daniel.
"Well this is a long flight and the pilots are saving fuel", Daniel answers with a smile
"But, when we fall down?"
"No, no this plane can sail for a long distance before it falls down"
The two parents smile broadly but Daniel can see the worried look in the mother's eyes.
"It is scary to fly without engines...When will they turn them on again?"
"Well, I would say in a half an hour or maybe in an hour"
"wow, can we fly that long without engines?"
"Well, I'm not a pilot but I'm sure the pilots know how long we can sail before we have to turn on the engines"
"I'm sorry but I have to talk to some people over there", Daniel says as he points back to the plane
The mother looks at Daniel and mimes a "Thank you" and smiles.

"You have to take a seat now", the flight attendant tells him as he reaches the back of the plan and Daniel sits down in an empty seat, buckles up and is surprised how close to the ground they are as he looks out of the window
"Prepare for emergency landing!", The flight attendances call out in unison and shortly after "Brace, brace, brace", just before the aircraft hits the ground.
Daniel realizes he must have been knocked out as he wakes up and looks around and out at the burning wreck that has been separated from the tail section and the cockpit section that's at least five meters ahead of the middle section.
Before he unbuckles his belt he looks down and comes to the conclusion it is a few meter drops.
"This is going to hurt", he mumbles to himself as he prepares to jump down.
The pain is sudden and intense as he hits the ground badly.
He limps over to the middle section of the aircraft but soon notices there is nothing he can do there except continue to the cockpit section.
He can hear a few groans from people still alive and starts to make his way inside.
He finds three people all in the same row of seats.
"We need to leave the aircraft", he tells them as he starts to unbuckle them and help them out.
"God damn those crazy sons of bitches...They really did it", one of the men says angrily
"I'm sorry, who did what?", Daniel asks
"They nuked them"
"Wait! It was a nuke that brought us down?"
"Well obviously not directly, it was the EMP that brought us down. Did you see the flash?"
"Yea I woke up from it"
"Yea that was a high altitude detonation of a nuclear bomb"
"How do you know this?"
The man groans in pain again
"Well, Nothing short of a nuke can produce an emp like that"
Daniel looks around for a moment
"So I guess no one will come and help us then"
"Not unless they got some old cars with no computers in them"
"Well if no one has arrived until tomorrow I guess we have to travel by foot"
"Well two things, I could barely move from there to here, so I'm not going anywhere fast, I'm pretty sure I broke both my legs and if I could move, where do we go"
"Well we need food to start with and I for one will head south"
"I will stay with my brother", another voice says
"ok I will not leave you here, I will head out tomorrow and look for people and food and come back"
"Ok I'll help you", A thrid male voice says
"Thank you", Daniel says and starts to look for the sun
As the sun sets and Daniel notices where the west direction is as he falls asleep.

To be continue

Edited by Aron73

This is great @Aron73 keep it up! Can’t wait for the next part.

interesting, i like your stories man, keep ehm coming 😄

After reading the lore and discovering that Nuclear weapons were used I'm going to change this from Fanfiction to official lore of my char,
No in-game characters will be used unless I get permission from them or I'm quoting them from an in-game encounter

I'm sorry for the long wait but right now I have a writer's block. I will continue on this story as soon as possible

1 hour ago, Aron73 said:

I'm sorry for the long wait but right now I have a writer's block. I will continue on this story as soon as possible

No worries man, masterpieces take time my friend. Good work so far 

Thank you!

True work of art these posts are lad. Keep them coming I like reading them with my morning OJ

Well the problem is right now I don't know how to continue like I know the start and the end of this story but I want something interesting to happen in between and since this is IC for my char I don't want it to be to over the top

Chapter 2

Daniel opens his eyes as the sun starts to filter through the trees and looks around
He concludes that he did not notice the road yesterday that the aircraft tried to land on and it seemed to have worked until one of the wings did strike a tree or maybe it was the cars that made the aircraft crash so violently.
He stands up and starts to walk around and looks at the cars and what's left inside them.
one of the cars is completely mangled as the entire cockpit part of the aircraft is on top of it.
"Pore guy", Mikael murmurs to himself as he passes the car and notices another car further ahead.
He looks inside and the notices the guy inside has hit his head so hard the skull has been crushed against the steering wheel.
The glovebox is open and Daniel can see something inside and carefully reaches for it.
The gun is heavier then he is used to, he pops out the magazine and soon notices it is fully loaded with one in the chamber.
He searches the glovebox and finds another magazine and a box of ammo.
"Well, you don't need this anymore, Rest in peace", He mumbles to the man.
"Did you find anything?", A male voice asks behind him
"Yea I found this", Daniel says as he turns around
The man's eyes widen in fear as he spots the gun and takes two steps back.
"Don't worry I'm with the police and I did not just wanna leave it here", Daniel says as he puts the gun away inside of his jacket.
"Jan...I think he is dead", the man says as he looks over his shoulder
"I'm sorry, I guess he was your friend Mr..."
"Oh I'm sorry, I'm Tommy"
"I'm Daniel, Well let's check on your friend"
The two of them walk over to Jan and as Daniel checks his polls he soon notices the man is dead.
"I'm sorry, He is dead", Daniel says as he gives Tommy a sad look
"But how could he die just like that, he was fine yesterday"
"I'm no doctor but an educated guess I would say internal bleeding, But where is the third guy, the one sleeping over there?", Daniel asks as he points toward the ditch
"I don't know...maybe he left?", He says as he looks around
"Maybe...Well we cant linger here, we need to move out", Daniel thinks not really believing in it.

As the two men walk in silence, Daniel notices how quiet everything is, not even a bird can be heard.
"Do you hear anything?", Daniel asks after a while as they walk along the road
"No...Do you?"
"No, nothing...not even a bird. It's almost like the wind is even holding its breath"
"You're right...I'm a city person my self but even in the city you hear birds"
They continue to walk and after a few kilometers they finally see some civilization
It is more or less a streak of luck that Daniel spots the houses at the end of a small road leading into the woods.
"Up there! Maybe there are people", Daniel points at the barely visible house.
The two of them walk up and Daniel is surprised to see more than one house close together.
"Hello! Anyone here?", Daniel calls out but receives no answer.
"Maybe they are off to work", Tommy says as he looks around
"Yea...maybe", Daniel answers but seems not to be convinced.
"A penny for your thoughts?"
"Well look at the evidence, No car tracks or any footprints and the soil is soft", Daniel says as he turns around and points at their footprints
"I don't think anyone been here for a long time"
Daniel walks up to the closes the also the smallest house and tries the door, it opens up.
As he looks inside he can see a backpack and clothing on one of the beds.
"Tommy she the other houses, there is stuff in this one", Daniel calls out as he walks in.
It surprises Daniel that this house has four beds but no stow and its only one large room.
He looks through the backpack and finds some clothing and 308 rounds no doubt for hunting.
As he looks on the table he spots a map and as he unfolds it he can see some rings marking certain areas but the text seems to be in Russian, he concludes he is not sure.
Daniel curses blindness as he notices a window is broken and as he looks outside on the ground he can see footprints.
Daniel walks out and can see Tommy leaving a house for the next one.
"Tommy! Be careful we might not be alone"
Tommy walks over to Daniel and looks at him for a short moment
"Oh, what did you find?"
"A broken window and fresh footprints leading toward the woods,", Daniel says as he points
"Maye we should stick together then"
"That might not be a bad idea"
As the two of them follow the road they find a larger two-story timbered house. The two of them make their way in and soon concludes it is some sort of an inn.
"Well, this will work for the night. Let's see if we can find some food", Daniel says as he starts to look around.
After a few minutes of searching the small inn, they put what they find on one of the tables in front of an open fireplace.
"Well if we ration this, it could last us a few days", Daniel says and looks up at Tommy.
"Ration? Do you think that's needed?"
"Well, we don't know when we will find more, it could be a long walk to the next city"
"Well I'm hungry so let's eat some of it"
The two men take a can of bacon each and start to eat in silence

"I did see a bed upstairs, You can have that, I'll sleep down here", Daniel says as he points upstairs.
Tommy Nods silently, looking tired and walks upstairs.
As Daniel lies down he flips the FNX 45 to safe and puts it inside his jacket and lies down on the small carpet and soon falls to an uneasy sleep.
Daniel opens his eyes but doesn't move when he hears the soft creaking sound from the stairs as Tommy comes down.
He is pretty sure he will just go out to take care of his bodily needs but soon hears he is coming closer to him and Daniel grips his gun more steadily.
As Tommy kneels next to him, Daniel spins around and pulls his gun and when he notices Tommy holds a large hunting knife he in pure reflex fires the gun twice and hits him center mass.
The noise is deafening and as Tommy slumps together on the floor, Daniel notices the ringing in his ears from firing a gun indoors.
Daniel slowly comes to a stand as he sees all the blood coming from Tommy is belly turns and his late evening dinner comes up.
"God damn you! Why did you have to do that?", He mumbles to himself.
He quickly grabs a Coca Cola from the table and rinses his mouth with it before leaving the inn and walks into another smaller house to rest.
It feels like he just got to sleep by the time the sun shines in through the window and wakes him up.
He curses slightly as he can not find any coffee and walks back to the inn.
As he enters the inn he almost expects the body to be gone but it is still there with a blood pole even larger than yesterday.
As he searches the body he finds something he did not expect.
"What the hell?", he mumbles to himself as he pulls out a fist full of grilled fingers from his jacket pocket.
"You are sick!", He almost shouts in anger.
Daniel looks up toward the room Tommy occupied and almost hesitates to go up there, but decides to do so.
As he enters the room he almost believes he will find a room looking like something out of a horror movie but all he can see is a backpack and some clothing.
He opens the backpack and can't believe his eyes when he sees the rest of a human, one that he recognizes from the aircraft.
"Waling away huh", Daniel mumbles to himself as he closes the backpack and walks away.

To be continue