Server time (UTC): 2020-01-21, 12:45 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Thrynn

Squad weapons.

I've got no idea if that's actually possible, or if there are mods already adding such things, but is it possible to add some Squad weapons? Let's say mortars, maybe grenade launchers and such. It would make a sense for such weapons to be present in Chernaruss. 

Imperial guard for attention ūüėõ :

ba7ca3d5291633854b1a2712889760f3.jpg

Edited by Thrynn

Don't think the game engine even supports such a thing. 

Unless they port the system from ARMA, but still, what are you going to do with a mortar? 

Hmmm I'm sure sutch weapons would be possible to add but balansing sutch weapons thats a wholl diffrent thing and somesthing I would not wana go thrue again.

Yes again, I'm sure everyone that have playd this game from the start knows what kind of balanse issues this game use to have

I would say keep it as base defence only. then again im not very sold on the idea, i would say we have enough weapons allready as it is. we should probably focus more on cars/bikes/RP-items imo.

I don't think we'd be well off with this kind of weaponry being added in the game, as it takes away from the survival/rp aspect and switches the focus even more to the weapons/firefights aspect. While I can understand people wanting mortars or a Browing M2 to deal with those pesky CampfireRPers hiding in their bases, I don't see how this would be of any benefit other than to have a easier time turbokerflunking people (something you can already easily achieve by having enough people).

As Knightblast said, we'd be far better off looking into modes of transportation and roleplay items rather than more guns. Guns are already too much of a focus in this community, let's not add more guns for the sake of variety.

Edited by Kenyi

Seeing as it would completely ruin base fights, in it being just way too OP for a large area of damage, and the fact that it completely ruins player interactions, by getting killed from a mile away, I would have to say no. It's not a good idea...

Mortars and Grenade Launchers?
Weapons which are meant to cause extensive damage on a server working with specific attacker and defender rights... yeah -1.

Imo this suggestion thread should be closed for not being thought through at all.

Possible? Sure, people make all sorts of amazing things in the mod.

Likely to add to the server? ..... Uuuhhhh..... no.

Explosives don't have a great track record at discerning their targets.

Sound like invalid kill and killing of compliant hostage reports  waiting to happen. I can practically read them. 

Maybe like if they destroy 1 wall or something and didnt damage people. And took a but to place. But I just think current dayz is to buggy for that.

Wish we had rocket launchers/mortars to take down those pesky walls people love to talk shit behind

C4s should be a thing. 

Tone down the amount of shit talkers behind a wall by a massive amount.

As much as I would like them, I think mortars would be too much. The ability to launch explosives over walls from several hundred metres away does not give much towards the progression of RP.

Things I would not mind seeing however would be some sort of placeable machine gun. Even if that just means fixing the recoil on the SAW and allowing us to deploy a bipod from it, or even giving it a tripod (official or self crafted from metal scrap etc.) - Something like an emplaced M2 would be super fun. Especially if there was a vehicle that you could mount it on however if we had something like this I think it would only work if the weapon was extremely rare and the ammunition even rarer.

In terms of explosives I think the best thing would be something along the lines of pipe bombs for breaching walls/gates during raids. As for launchable explosives I think the limit for me would be some sort of single shot, disposable rocket launcher (something like the M72 LAW) where only one spawns on the map and even then it is not a garunteed spawn so you might not get the chance of finding one. With this you can then utilize it to destroy a wall or a gate during a raid and once the single rocket is spent, you discard the launching tube as it is non-reloadable.

I'd rather have more civilian weaponry tbh.

Why are people crying about rules here when we have nades that kill you through walls lmao.

All the old shit from the mod would be cool including the famous nuke.

Yes I would love this to be added.

If I remember correctly, the Dev @Ducky Team were working on an RPK-74 with a drum mag. I'd love there to be an RPK added. 

People can barely be trusted with bear traps and nades already in-game. Doesn't really make sense to have that level of military weaponry IG, given that we're 2 years + into it.

-1 chief.

To have .50 cal machine gun on bases would be awesome to see and other heavy duty weapons but maybe in the next wipe or something, might be a bit late to add them now.

Also Cadia stands! The planet broke before the guard did! 

Edited by Imation11

We can barely drive cars. You expect the devs to be able to make a functioning Mortar that doesn't kill the entire server?

52 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Why are people crying about rules here when we have nades that kill you through walls lmao.

This is incorrect, just thought I would point that out.

I've personally done tests with the grenades to check what they go through, and the only two things that the explosion can penetrate is 1. Windows and 2. Doors.

Check the spoiler for my testing:

Spoiler

37 minutes ago, Crimson_Tiger said:

If I remember correctly, the Dev @Ducky Team were working on an RPK-74 with a drum mag. I'd love there to be an RPK added. 

Yes it is correct, an RPK-74 was indeed being worked on by @Misho but I believe that addition was meant to be for the MoreGuns modification which he is the co-author of.

Considering Misho got otherwise pre-occupied and ended up leaving the dev team due to not having time and having interests elsewhere IIRC, I do not think the RPK-74 will see the light of day.

Now as for static emplacements, perhaps it will be possible in the future, for the moment I do not see it being feasible.

We can pat ourselves on the back though, DayZ runs on a hybrid daughter of the Arma Engine, and we know Arma supports static emplacements as well as moving weapons (Tanks, Mounted weapons on trucks etc.) So maybe in the future it will be possible.

And there is already a westernized single-use rocket launcher in the game, same with the RPG-7, they just don't function yet

I want a Peaky Blinders version of the flat cap that applies the flash bang effect to players when you slap them with it.

5 hours ago, Alan Woods said:

what are you going to do with a mortar? 

I could think of a couple things...

evil cat GIF

1 hour ago, BearRP said:

People can barely be trusted with bear traps and nades already in-game. Doesn't really make sense to have that level of military weaponry IG, given that we're 2 years + into it.

-1 chief.

Did the mortars and rocket launchers expire like the nukes?

Edited by Eagle