Server time (UTC): 2020-09-27, 18:47
Sign in to follow this  
Dodge

S1| KOS | West Kamarovo

Server and location: S1 - West Kamarovo on top of the big hill with the lighthouse

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 12:00 CST 12/19/19

Your in game name: Louis Lombardy

Names of allies involved:  N/A

Name of suspect/s: Orange armband, don't know the names

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot):

Video 1 is the raw uncut version without my mic for some reason the full replay won't include it on youtube. Video 2 is the 30 second replay I salvaged from Shadowplay with my mic included.

Detailed description of the events: Came from Balota and walked to Kamarovo. Decided to head to the coast today and look for tools to build a base. Had some luck in a few coastal towns and thought I'd check far west to find more untouched areas. On the way west I overlooked a beached ship and decided to scope it out so I attached it to my AK-74 and looked around. Didn't find much and promptly took off the scope. Proceeded to head up the mountain towards further west. On the way up there I ran into two gentlemen wearing orange armbands. I didn't notice them till one of them started shooting. I quickly moved to the right and shouted "friendly!" and put my hands up. Even after my hands went up he proceeded to fire until I was dead. No excuses to the shooter, you had your chance to stop firing and you didn't.

Edited by Dodge

My POV: Me and my partner @Liwanu had just flanked behind the lighthouse to kill 4 players that were part of the massive gunfight we were apart of between Corporation and WolfPack/Vandals?(not sure about vandals theres a ton of things that need explaining still), and we were looking for the last guy we had seen on the coast/hill. @Liwanuhad just gotten shot multiple times by an enemy we didnt see in that area, so we were guns ready looking for him. As we were about to rendezvous with some of the other corp members in Bor, I saw you come out of the woods and immediately assumed you were the guy who shot at us. I had an m4a1 with a red dot sight, which for some reason i could barely see out of because of the sight being super bright? I proceeded to fire at you as I was confident in the fact you were the one who shot at me and my friend about a minute ago. In my pov, i could not see you put your hands up until i had just about killed you, and i could not hear your voice as i think you were too far away. When i searched your body afterwards, i saw you had an orange armband in your inventory, which made me assume you were the one we were looking for since a guy i killed earlier at the lighthouse also had an orange armband and on the prison island my teamates  killed people with orange armbands as well.

But beyond my pov, looking at your footage you put hands up and said dont shoot, which i now see was my mistake and am sorry for killing you. If you'd like to talk about it more, i can get in a discord call with you tomorrow after 6pm pst, since i will be at work until then. 

KILL LOGS

Spoiler

06:03:58 | Player "Louis Lombardy" (DEAD) killed by Player "Jordan Langford" with M4A1 from 29.4706 meters 

05:52:08 | Player "Dustin Hammer" (DEAD) killed by Player "Liwanu Langundo" with M4A1 from 232.394 meters  <- LAST KILL RECORDED IN THE FIREFIGHT FOR REFERENCE

HIT LOGS

Spoiler

06:03:56 | Player "Louis Lombardy" hit by Player "Jordan Langford" with M4A1 from 33.1988 meters 
06:03:56 | Player "Louis Lombardy" hit by Player "Jordan Langford" with M4A1 from 32.8803 meters 
06:03:56 | Player "Louis Lombardy" hit by Player "Jordan Langford" with M4A1 from 32.8803 meters 
06:03:56 | Player "Louis Lombardy" hit by Player "Jordan Langford" with M4A1 from 32.6672 meters 
06:03:56 | Player "Louis Lombardy" hit by Player "Jordan Langford" with M4A1 from 32.3935 meters 
06:03:58 | Player "Louis Lombardy" hit by Player "Jordan Langford" with M4A1 from 29.4706 meters 
06:03:58 | Player "Louis Lombardy" hit by Player "Jordan Langford" with M4A1 from 29.3767 meters 
06:04:03 | Player "Louis Lombardy" hit by Player "Jordan Langford" with M4A1 from 2.03997 meters 
06:04:04 | Player "Louis Lombardy" hit by Player "Jordan Langford" with M4A1 from 2.02691 meters 
06:04:04 | Player "Louis Lombardy" hit by Player "Jordan Langford" with M4A1 from 2.02693 meters 
06:04:04 | Player "Louis Lombardy" hit by Player "Jordan Langford" with M4A1 from 2.02693 meters 

05:58:27 | Player "Liwanu Langundo" (pos=<2935.2, 2176.3, 58.8>) hit by Player "Alex Shelby" (pos=<2929.5, 2213.8, 75.2>) with AK-101 from 41.4083 meters  <- LAST HIT RECORDED IN THE FIREFIGHT FOR REFERENCE

CONNECTION LOGS

Spoiler

03:05:46 | Player "Jordan Langford" is connected
05:17:52 | Player "Jordan Langford" has been disconnected
05:18:09 | Player "Jordan Langford" is connected
05:39:26 | Player "Jordan Langford" has been disconnected
05:39:43 | Player "Jordan Langford" is connected
06:10:21 | Player "Jordan Langford" has been disconnected
06:10:29 | Player "Jordan Langford" is connected
06:38:40 | Player "Jordan Langford" has been disconnected
06:39:13 | Player "Jordan Langford" is connected
07:17:10 | Player "Jordan Langford" has been disconnected

05:07:01 | Player "Louis Lombardy" is connected
-DEAD-
07:09:13 | Player "Louis Lombardy" has been disconnected

Calling in the following individuals for their POV and any un-edited video evidence they may have.

@Dodge - Louis Lombardy - OP
 @Keeeru - Jordan Langford - POSTED

I'm posting because I was part of the massive fire fight that took place in the area and I was fighting alongside @Keeeru aka Operator Nalim up until the time of my death.  A massive force had moved to invade our compound and we began to take the necessary defensive measures to secure the compound and try to ensure the least loss of life on our end.  We realized that a sniper team had moved to the light house, which was where I also was going to go and rendezvous with the other members of our team that were on the main land.  I first moved in to clear the light house by myself, twice attacking from two points.  The second time killing one of their snipers confirming a kill.

We then approached the others at the light house, where we saw a fresh spawn attempting to collect the gear from the man I had just slaughtered.  (Unsure who that was, but position and death logs should show this, as this person was eventually killed from what I was told.)  I was killed by another one of the men who was up at the light house when we attempted to clear the light house.

Anyway the real point here is I don't know exactly who all the groups and the players are that attacked us but I think that the logs need to be brought up on the 20 or so players that died here to see if any of them had any affiliation to the jackals, as the OP is a member of the Jackals and was walking into an open war zone in a battle they may have had a part in.  I don't know this for a fact, and my apologies to the OP if his group had absolutely no hand in the fire fight.  But if his official group was involved in the groups offensive on the island, I don't see how this report could be valid, especially considering from what I heard one of our guys went down not long before the OP died in his video.

If the OP's group was part of the force that initiated on the island, and he is wandering into that war zone; then there was a likelihood he could have been moving in to assist and actively take part of the firefight.  Again-- if the Jackals had no hand in the attack then I am mistaken and the OP has my apologies, but again I think this should be checked.

jackalmembers.png

Edited by GaryCash

10 hours ago, Dodge said:

snip

Since your longer video clip is lacking audio, did you hear any gunfire in the area you were heading in?

I misread your post, it didn't catch your mic, not audio. Ignore me 🙂

9 hours ago, Keeeru said:

Can you please post the full and unedited video clip of this engagement, not the 17 second version. I would be especially interested in the portion where you said you received fire around a minute before killing @Dodge.

The footage I have is a 5 minute clip that I got using nvidia shadow play, and the fire that me and @Liwanu received is not on that clip. Ill post it regardless later when I get home from work, but I think it would be better to pull up hit logs on @Liwanu since he got hit a couple times. Also in that 5 min clip, me killing @Dodge was in the first minute of it, and the next 4 minutes were me and my friend running to bor just talking so I'm not sure if its gonna be that useful. And to clarify, the fire we received was probably more like 5 minutes or so instead of "about a minute ago", which was a rough estimate. 

Edited by Keeeru
Clarification

Is it possible to get logs for the firefights at the lighthouse? It would help resolve a ton of confusion about a ton of different things.

I spoke to one of the people at the lighthouse. its not relevant to this report, logs don't need to be pulled. sorry for the confusion guys

Edited by Keeeru

Hit logs have been updated to include the last hit recorded. 

Spoiler

05:58:27 | Player "Liwanu Langundo" (pos=<2935.2, 2176.3, 58.8>) hit by Player "Alex Shelby" (pos=<2929.5, 2213.8, 75.2>) with AK-101 from 41.4083 meters

Can we pull logs from the lighthouse?

Also still want the full unedited video.

Edited by Dodge

1 hour ago, Dodge said:

Can we pull logs from the lighthouse?

There are no more logs of relevance to this report in particular, from what I have seen while looking through all the kills and hits in the 2 hours prior to this situation.

VERDICT

@Keeeru - Invalid Kill (firefight) - GUILTY

REASON

@Dodge walks around the area where a firefight has just ended. @Keeeru was part of said firefight, and he and his friend @Liwanu had been shot at approximately 5-6 minutes earlier. They believed they were still being fired at by their enemies.

@Dodge tries to raise his hands and call out that he is friendly, however @Keeeru does not hear this and continues shooting @Dodge until he eventually falls.

This is an invalid kill @Keeeru. You had no kill rights on OP, and you decided to shoot without identifying your target properly.

In the future, please make sure you know the identity of your target before firing. If you're not sure, always initiate first.

The rule you have broken is the following:

4.2 When your life is at risk or you are subjected to a hostile action by other players you are allowed to defend yourself. This is granted by two different "kill rights" that you can gain based on circumstances of the situation like which side caused the hostile situation and which side you are on.

If you are a defender - the one being initiated on or subjected to other hostile actions that threaten your life which you did not start or provoke - you are allowed to defend yourself by gaining  DEFENDER RIGHTS on the attackers. Defender rights allow you to kill attackers for 2 hours or until your character dies. Defender rights can be shared with anyone who you recently role played with as well as all your group members, if you are a part of an approved group.

If you are an attacker - the one who first did the initiation or started, caused or provoked the hostile situation - you are allowed to defend yourself by gaining  ATTACKER RIGHTS on the defenders. Attacker rights allow you to kill defenders for 1 hour or until your character dies. Attacker rights can be only be shared with your approved group members. If you are not a part of an approved group, attacker rights can not be shared and apply only for your character.

With that said

OUTCOME

@Keeeru - Invalid Kill (firefight) - 2 DAY BAN, 5 WARNING POINTS

Signed @Hofer & @Fae