Server time (UTC): 2020-01-20, 22:10 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Finn

Question regarding rule 3.1.

Over the last while I've watched a lot of people's streams as I've mostly quit streaming myself. I've noticed that in some cases during HostileRP, in which they're themselves the victims they will constantly complain to their stream about the RP they're enduring instead of actually putting in the effort to RP. 

My question is: would be considered BadRP? As a livestream technically counts as an OOC event/communication to your viewers.

Slv4ckm.png

I'm not going to post any clips of livestreams because I refuse to point fingers.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Finn said:

Over the last while I've watched a lot of people's streams as I've mostly quit streaming myself. I've noticed that in some cases during HostileRP, in which they're themselves the victims they will constantly complain to their stream about the RP they're enduring instead of actually putting in the effort to RP. 

My question is: would be considered BadRP? As a livestream technically counts as an OOC event/communication to your viewers.

Slv4ckm.png

I'm not going to post any clips of livestreams because I refuse to point fingers.

Cheers.

Hello @Finn

My gut response to the above would be that its not a break of 3.1, unless the actions being done by the streamer towards their stream are preventing them from being able to roleplay.

I for example frequently 'stream' my gameplay to a TV in my house so my significant other can watch me play, and I am usually giving her a running commentary because she finds this game to be absolutely hilarious. Its similar in principle, but doesn't detract from my ability to roleplay.

I would agree with you that if someone was so engrossed in their stream that it prevented them from being able to adequately play their character and was coming in the way of roleplay, they shouldn't be doing that. But that is not specific to streaming, that could be any RL interference. It just so happens we can witness it when streamers do it.

In response to your concern about people in hostile RP complaining to their stream instead of putting effort in, that would in my opinion fall more under 4.4

As a victim you may NOT:

• Pretend to be fearless, emotionless, not feel pain, or otherwise be unaffected by the situation where your life is at risk in a hostile situation.
  • Be passive during the hostile role play and refuse to actively participate in it. Just sitting there and not contributing to role play can make the situation very boring for the attackers.

Just my thoughts on the matter, good question!

Sign in to follow this