Server time (UTC): 2020-09-28, 19:09
Sign in to follow this  
Dodge

East/Northeast get no love?

I don't know about you but I never hear anyone talk about a new group hanging out near a place like Krasnostav airfield or Berezino or any other town for that matter. I haven't really done my research so maybe I just don't know about anyone there because of that. Or maybe it's just not a hot spot for people to go to. Would be cool to see the meta change for once. Currently all the action is at GM or Zeleno and sometimes in the triangle. Maybe we should get some new groups going out there for a change.

Edit: And it's not just the east/northeast it's mostly everywhere but a few areas on the map excluding the triangle and GM/Zeleno area.

Edited by Dodge

I always love when people are spread out on the map make it so much more fun to travel and find someone. However, most people want to stay around hotspots cause that's where everyone else is so it's a conundrum 😭

Best way to battle this is to just say fuck it and move somewhere far to drag people around, or create a hub away from the hotspots to promote travel.

I feel like it's because of all of the military locations on the west side of the map. Go figure, huh? Unfortunately people will go where the RP is. If someone went out to the East, they would essentially never get interaction. When the Saviors were in Novodmitrovsk, it brought a lot of attention to that side of the map, though. I think all it takes is one big group moving their hub in that direction.

14 minutes ago, Dodge said:

I don't know about you but I never hear anyone talk about a new group hanging out near a place like Krasnostav airfield or Berezino or any other town for that matter. I haven't really done my research so maybe I just don't know about anyone there because of that. Or maybe it's just not a hot spot for people to go to. Would be cool to see the meta change for once. Currently all the action is at GM or Zeleno and sometimes in the triangle. Maybe we should get some new groups going out there for a change.

Edit: And it's not just the east/northeast it's mostly everywhere but a few areas on the map excluding the triangle and GM/Zeleno area.

I can tell you. There are people in Berezino, and in Svetlo.

7 minutes ago, PhoenixCool said:

I feel like it's because of all of the military locations on the west side of the map. Go figure, huh? Unfortunately people will go where the RP is. If someone went out to the East, they would essentially never get interaction. When the Saviors were in Novodmitrovsk, it brought a lot of attention to that side of the map, though. I think all it takes is one big group moving their hub in that direction.

Having been in the Saviours can safely say he's right. When the saviours were around you'd pretty much only ever find people in NW Airfield, Novo and surrounding areas. I do agree that it's time some people start making mostly unvisited parts of the map interesting.

32 minutes ago, RoverBeast said:

I can tell you. There are people in Berezino, and in Svetlo.

Yeah people, but I mean groups. You might find a few guys here and there in the northeast but where’s the hubs like Charity at GM? 

Redwood is kinda North/East , theres enough people walking around here but mostely on EU times.

I agree tho, maybe give the north an extra few points of intrest.

I am contemplating starting a group at some point, although nothing concrete yet. I would definitely go north/north-east, simply because of the amazing attention to detail of the new locations that the devs put in. I'd love to see more activity there, and spend some time RP'ing in the area. Quiet and discretion wouldn't bother the group I have in mind...😏

To my knowledge most of the playerbase has been concentrated in the southern sector of the map as indicated by Roland in his recent stream.

I rather not say more. But yeah, it would be nice if people spread out more. I have considered taking a trip to that sector of the map sometime this week once I get bored of where I am now.

I know of a few groups that are in the East and North East. It's getting it's due respect. My group is in the far South West though. 

We as Redwood Radio have been situated in Krasnostav for a long time before we moved to altar. I was surprised with how many people actually passed through Krasnostav on a regular day. It might not be a 'hotspot', but it defenitely gets its attention. I cannot speak for the other towns on the east coast, but a town like Gorka also gets its fair share of traffic.

In the end, there is always gonna be hotspots and less populated area. Though if you look around good enough, you will defenitely people everywhere.

I do agree the server could do with more spread settlements other than the usual hotspots. With the way the game (and by extension, the community) works however, the East and North-East will never be hotspots for prolonged periods of time (and neither will the South in the end).

This is mainly because A. There's no significant military spawns (other than ground zero) and B. People can't be bothered having to travel from West to East or down to the coast all the time. It'll work for a little while, but what has been a consistent pattern is that after a couple of weeks people give up or leave because the travel distance or the required effort to maintain it efficiently is too great.

Take Novodmitrovsk for example (the people of the Tower will always remain). There's a group that comes along and settles in the tower for a bit. It generates some interest and creates some traffic, but in the end they leave or abandon it because it's just too out of the way.

I applaud all efforts to create settlements elsewhere than the usual prime spots, however. It would be great to see more distance so that there's be more people peddling between the settlements.

to be fair, just before Anarchys return, Redwood radio were based up in Krastanov and it was turning into a bit a hub. Then we had to abandon that station for fear of our lives. We are now more central to the map and its 100% a hub. We get a LOT of visitors

Befezino was once a hub about 6 months ago it depends where people want to set down. Roots we had CDF,Liquidators and the watchmen I think they were called all in Berezino it was a hub 

13 hours ago, Kenyi said:

(the people of the Tower will always remain)

The Tower is Eternal.

I do most of my wandering in the Northeast and East, but I don't run into people too often. Usually it's either people we've already met or groups that hear SOMEBODY has been in Novodmitrovsk in the Tower. (Whether or not it's the People of the Tower at the time.)

The RPers are pretty few and far between up there, so me and mine have to roam more than we used to in order to find interaction.

GM and The Triangle are a black hole.

Edit: Groups come and go, but wanderers are life.

Edited by Halven