Alan Woods

S1 Invalid Kill, NO shared rights

Server and location: S1 Chernarus 

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 17/11 18:56

Your in game name: Mihai Nedelcu

Names of allies involved: The Mob 

Name of suspect/s: The Time, @BandsRP

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): none

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): Will be uploaded soon.

Detailed description of the events: I was with the guys chilling at the Inn when some dude Zac with Anarchy Armband came up and started talking with us. Later he leaves, 2 individuals initiate and the firefight ensues.
After exchanging some kills, we decide to take stuff from the remaining bodies and leave the area when later on we get ambushed and some of us die.

The problem is that The Time were not an approved group, because at the time of the initiation, their Group CP was still set to private. After talking to @Rolandand asking him on the issue he explained that a group CP that is set on private means they are not officialy an approved group therefore rendering all kills in that firefight from the Time invalid.

Group.png.80a0869c557309af9b9038c6cde9feb8.png

^This screenshot was taken after the fight, which still shows that their Group CP was still set to private.

Edited by Alan Woods
Added some details I missed when I wrote it down

Will post POV later.

This is clearly a salt report. I was told by Fae to change it and I did straight after. I got @Saunders to change it as I couldn't. It doesn't state anywhere that the group has to be on public.

I will counter report Alan for flase report shortly.

Edited by FalkRP

POV: I was present for the fight at hand. I will explain. Even if the CP was set to private, there is no difference. Myself and DexagonRP initiated on the group of people and a fight breaks out. I then kill two people, as does Dex. My kills and Dex's kills were valid as we directly initiated.  @KordrugaRP and his allies showed up sometime during the fight and got involved as well. Not to mention that @BandsRP is not in our group or in our CP, he is in Wolfpack...

I'd like to ask where it says we have to have it not set to private to share rights. Find a single forum post or anywhere in the rules it says this. As soon as we had been told by a staff member to change it, it was done.

Found here and here , it states absolutely nowhere that it must be set to public to share rights. I understand that it doesn't show who is in the group, but how are we supposed to know this? Were not omnipotent, and as we were told to change it, it was done. If we cant have it set to private, then why does this option exist in the first place? You are going to attempt to punish us for a mistake that the website allows, in which there is no warning or post from any member of staff mentioning a private CP not counting as official. This makes absolutely no sense. We get told on our thread that the group is official and to make a CP. That is done, yet a technicality that we were not warned about can get us banned? 

I digress, our kills were valid either way and the fact that you threw this report up after we spoke to numerous members of your group yesterday about various situations, even talked out a few reports that were going to be put up against your members, shows a terrible attitude and I feel as if you are violating rule 2.4. 

With that I would like to counter-report the OP and Co. for rule 2.4. 

2.4 Don't be a sore loser. Items in game can be replaced, there is no need to be angry and hold grudge against someone just because someone was better. Keep in mind that it is just a game. Take regular breaks from the game if you have trouble separating In Character events from Out of Character real world.

Edited by Daddy19RP

POV: I was near GM with the Time, then G19 went towards the Mob and I decided to walk up the hill to get away from the fight.(since im with the wolfpack and not the time). After a few shots, I turn around and walk down the hill a little bit to see past a tree what has happened, and a guy comes up behind me and begins to KOS me. I turn around and explain that im not with them, but he was lagging and killed me anyways.

After this situation I went into the help desk and talked to the man who killed me. He told staff that he couldnt be bothered to identify if its an enemy or not. 

I would like to mention  that I didnt shoot a single bullet or aim my gun, so I did not even attempt to try and kill anyone invalidly or validly.

I was lagging, By the time the boys had initiated on the camp, I went down to the first cabin, got shot by mistake and ran back to bandage, I stayed back in the trees. 

Due to the nature of this report in particluar I will skip my normal report template.

@Alan Woods: This whole report should've never happened. As soon as you were told by @Roland that group CPs need to be visibile you should've immediately PMed @FalkRP and told him about this, and said that technically the kills could've been invalid. You're a Support member here, you're supposed to help people.

This is not being a good sport. This seems more like you are trying to get the opposing group in trouble by playing with technicalities in the rules, and is frankly disappointing to see from you. You're borderline breaking rule 2.4.

2.4 Don't be a sore loser. Items in game can be replaced, there is no need to be angry and hold grudge against someone just because someone was better. Keep in mind that it is just a game. Take regular breaks from the game if you have trouble separating In Character events from Out of Character real world.

@FalkRP: You state the following:

It doesn't state anywhere that the group has to be on public.

The group page requirements did not state that the group CP needed to be public before it was edited in today. However you've been a part of this community for a very long time now, and you've seen that group pages are public at all times. This seems more like you saw a grey area in the requirements section and took advantage of that, for whatever reason that may be.

This should never have happened. In the future if you find a grey area like this, instead of taking advantage of it, message a staff member so it can be dealt with. Even if it wasn't stated in the requirements, we could've technically hit you and your group with punishments for not sharing kill rights in this event.

However...

In this instance we will just be closing down this report with the following message to both sides:

Stop being so nitpicky about everything. Play the game. Enjoy the game. Applaud the opposing party if they beat you. If you feel angry, remove yourself from your desk and go do something else for a while until you've cooled down. Don't play with the grey areas in our rules, and be a good sport and tell the staff team if you find something that could be abused.

The group requirements thread has been updated and the following statement is to be followed from here on out:

The group page needs to be set to public and visible to other players.

Thanks

/closing

Signed @Hofer & @Roland