Server time (UTC): 2019-12-10, 11:53 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Camo

Suggestion: Revert Loot-table Spawnrate

Suggestion: Revert Loot-table Spawnrate  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just want to start this suggestion by saying... This thread has nothing to do regarding the recent changes that improved military guns and gear spawns.

I will however be focusing on the topic, of the other recent changes that were made in the thread below:

There has been several reports on the thread above, as well as discord, and even @RiZ himself on his Twitch stream. All of which are generally stating that basic items are simply not spawning at a regular rate anymore. It's been very difficult to find the bare essentials needed for survival, such as knives, sewing kits, matches, water-bottles, etc. Mostly all of which are in Residential areas.

In Roland's response during RiZ's stream, he stated that the spawn rate for items is now set to 50% of what it was prior to the changes. 

Here's my response, in hopes to enlighten the community, and perhaps persuade Roland to look into alternative means.

@Roland , I understand your focus was to improve server performance as stated in your thread, but this update was probably one of the most disagreeable ones (in my opinion) I have ever seen you done. I generally like your updates, but I think these were a bit of a drastic measure. The changes in the update were rather beneficial, and I am sure it is noticed that server performance has improved, along with the obvious changes to military guns rarity.

However, I along with many others think the smack down of 50% reduction in item spawn-rates all across the map has made everything more repetitive and more difficult than ever before. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy hardcore survival gameplay, but with the vast amount of items (mostly useless) flooding the loot-tables by mods and the amount of players running around the map looting places, it just is downright an annoyance now. I truly do feel like I am playing 2.5 years into the lore now, where loot is more of a rarity.

To get a better understanding of the complaints. Before 1.00, the vanilla spawns were great, but for the sake of server perfomance, I believe you reduced it to the likely odds of only 1 item spawning per place, however you took it a step further, and now a player would be lucky to find 1 item spawn in the 10 sheds they just searched in town.

TL;DR - If military weapons are easier to find than a knife or a sewing kit, then that just needs to be fixed. There has to be something else we can sacrifice for the greater good of the server, than reducing item spawns (to 50%) even further than it was before.

Edited by Camo

I want to reiterate that I actually semi like the challenge as there is a certain amount of desired RP that comes from getting overly excited about finding a screwdriver.

However it also hurts RP in a lot of ways and encourages people to focus on themselves more than others. If we do decide to do the time jump as mentioned in another topic, I think these loot tables would be fantastic and perfectly encapsulate the feeling of dwindling supplies.

As is right now, the only way to get plentiful food and possibly a canteen is to kill zombies. Their loot pool seems pretty consistent for food (and they can also drop can openers!). 

It is harder to find stuff agreed but I think going back to regular is a bit too much so my vote lands on 75%

While I see where frustration can come from when you look eager for a specific item and you just cant find it - the latest changes in loot spawns are in my opinion a long overdue step to make this postapocalyptic world we play in more believable and to encourage possible new ways of roleplay. Robbing people or trading with them for specific items makes now more sense, its a first step to make this "survival" game actually more about survival and quite frankly, everything stated like knifes , matches or water containers can easily be crafted or improvised.

Keep the low loot spawns and personally, I wouldnt mind lowering it even more. Let people hunt and forrage, make self-made tools a viable option and bring back more apocalyptic survival feeling. Its south zagoria over two years after the outbreak after all, not a walmart.

Edited by Malet

I'd agree with the fact that knives and sewing kits should be more common than guns are, but I personally believe the only way to remedy that is to lower gun spawns as opposed to raising regular spawns (but I'm the type of person that enjoys scarcity and doesn't get frustrated when unable to find a specific item, so my opinion may vary from others).

With the current way things work, it actually feels like years into the apocalypse now. Houses have been scavenged over and over and it'd be hard to find anything of real value. But I can also see the inconvenience it would cause on the game end of things. Maybe it can be tweaked so that there's more "essentials" that spawn as opposed to the clutter that generally spawns (think more matches and sewings kits as opposed to fedoras and leggings).

But if I'd personally have to choose, I'd love it to remain it the way it is. As it will create a certain value to items that up to this point has been missing from DayZRP.

The gun spawn rate is in my eyes really wierd. But after looting NWAF / Tisy so many times i say that people will start caring more about ammo than guns because for some odd reason ammo is being more and more wanted than the guns themselfs. I used to find atleast the AKM and M4 ammo non-stop but after the guns got more common then i find it somewhat hard to find the ammo. In a IRL situation guns are all over the place. Can be found at military places no problem. But the ammo gets wasted. For every bullet is wasted there is not more made. Lets say that after the outbreak military used tons on tons of bullets but the guns themselfs were still there working. So finding the guns more common i dont find a problem with. If u want to increse the difficoulty on survival then maybe even knock down the spawnrate of bullets. 

Don't understand why I can find 5-6 AK's every single time I loot NWAF, but I check 50+ sheds, and they're legit all EMPTY. I found a hammer on top of a well, that's all I found after checking all of Berezino. Guns shouldn't be easier to find than axes, etc.

2 hours ago, ImNovaaa said:

Don't understand why I can find 5-6 AK's every single time I loot NWAF, but I check 50+ sheds, and they're legit all EMPTY. I found a hammer on top of a well, that's all I found after checking all of Berezino. Guns shouldn't be easier to find than axes, etc.

Yea I had the same thing! I found a burlap sack in Cherno and the next thing I find is the rope in stary sobor and not even a chem light in any of the other sheds I was checking

Addition:

I came back to my base with 3 Cheytechs, 2 Kavarees, an ak, 2 ppsk19s, and mk17, and a AWM.

Yet I have yet to find a single tactical bag for my backpack or belt.

The problem:

I've played for a total of 18 hrs now, scavenging large tows such as Zelenogorsk and Cherno as well as small towns in the hunt for the basic base-building supplies. 

I've literally walked across the entire map to find a hammer and some nails! This should not be the case. My RP is hindered by this as it requires a base for every scenario I plan to set up. 

Not even mentioning the dangers of walking across the map, the threat of getting robbed or dying of thirst/hunger along the way. 6/10 sheds and buildings are empty while 3/10 contain a hard hat or some random vehicle door. 1/10 will give you the loot you need. 

My suggestion:

Looting an "after restart" Cherno should give you all the necessary base-building supplies, at least give you a good start. I won't even bother climbing the cranes or those huge warehouses when there are literally 2 spawns in the entire building. My suggestion is to lower the spawn rate of guns, ammo and all other military equipment making melee weapons more prominent. 

Also, lower the drop of canned food and water bottles. This would make survival more of a focus and hunting/growing crops more lucrative.

Increase the drop rate of industrial items! In an apocalypse, a hammer and nails would not be a scarcity while food and weapons would be. 

Edited by MSlingerW

To add: I haven't had a chance to focus on RP yet. Whenever I meet someone I just want to go about my business of looting as I'm tired and frustrated. Of course I interact with them to give them an immersive experience, but it's nowhere near the best I can offer.

P.S: I'm loving the server, don't get me wrong. This is my only notion.

i feel guns and food are in a ok spot maybe lower the gun spawn a bit more but i definitely feel som civi and industrial spawns should be turned back to normal or up

The spawns will soon increase again.

42 minutes ago, Roland said:

The spawns will soon increase 

Hopefully not by much, I'm really starting to like the scarcity of supplies.

I haven't had any problems finding anything. Food, guns and supplies still seem somewhat abundant to me, if you loot areas that don't see alot of player activity. The only things I can't find are tools. I don't have an issue with the current loot spawns.

10 hours ago, Roland said:

The spawns will soon increase again.

The lord has spoken, all hail the magnificence of El Presidente!

This will make playing as a freshspawn a lot easier, instead of looting for essentials for 4 hours now it doesnt take long to loot up and head inland for some RP 🙂

Edited by Mellstrom