Server time (UTC): 2019-12-16, 14:16 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Marcoooz

The Pagan Revenants [In-Character Recruitment]

Untitled-1.png.11d7dcda70512e1a3fc6a887cff4fd6d.png

Spoiler

legacy.png.32b3b3baaf13193eb6cc0c70e0529d42.png.224a6ebe30ec81c614287031348b84e0.png

Background

Spoiler

Back in the olden days before the infection hit, those now leading the revenants were members of The Pagan's MC. The club was—as per usual— at war with The Hell's Angels back in America and were in need of firepower. The plan was to start a trade with The Night Wolves MC, a Russian club in which they exchanged weaponry for pagan purple, The Pagan's signature meth. This deal was to go down in Chernarus as they did not wish to hold it in Russia itself. So, a select bunch of club members including their president at the time, Jimmy D and other loyal brothers including Dustin and Joe. Things did not go according to plan, as the infection interrupted it all...

The Infection

Spoiler

As the infection struck many Pagans stayed in the warehouse with the Night Wolves. However, this did not last forever as supplies were running low and tensions with the Night Wolves were high. After dealing with the Night Wolves the club eventually found themselves in South Zagoria, trying to build their Pagan Purple operation back up. This however, did not go according to plan. The club encountered numerous difficulties whilst trying to build up this operation. From deals gone wrong, to dead prospects, to internal conflicts the short time they spent here was not uneventful. As weeks passed the club found themselves in a bad position, they were involved in a firefight that would be the cause of many brothers and pretty much all the useless prospects dying. Most brothers had to flee whilst other were captured. The club would never be the same, nor whole.

One Year Later

Spoiler

About one and a half years later, returning to the lands of Chernarus was Joe, the former Sergeant At Arms of the Pagan’s MC. A little birdy told him that an old friend and brother of his: Leo Flinck has been spotted in South Zagoria. Eventually re-united the two began traveling together, looking for a place to call home. This is how they re-encountered Dustin McCoy, whom had been travelling with two individuals called: Bill Sanders and Wyatt Hudson. Now re-united, the three of them discussed what to do next. The club is no more and after receiving some hostile responses from apparently alive club members, the three decided to try and build something new, something better.

'We ain't got the club no more, brothers. We're making something new, something better.'

goals.png.ba3c246a1149c0ec843fea37942afb0e.png

Spoiler

President - Dustin McCoy

Manager - Leo Flinck

Sergeant - Joe Graham

Brothers/Sisters

Emma Petrov

Hangaround

Vasya Bombastic

goalsss.png.4539f7342ea0fe965b8cbbc9c794f712.png

rules.png.4c6515e41c3fb47355f71bfcb75286d3.png

rulesss-min.png.f00e235e75f31067a3e087a144955ecf.png

RECRUITMENT

We are not a motorcycle club, but the remnants of one. We do things differently now.

We only recruit in-character at all times, so if you encounter us and become interested in joining, just hang around and we might offer you a spot as a hang-around. If we find you worthy of becoming a proper brother/sister, you will be fully brought in. This process takes time and is almost exclusively done in-character, so be patient.

Edited by Marcoooz

veri nice

*motorcycle noises*

Good job on the page guys, i'm excited to get this going!!! excited to get to RP with you all again 🙂 

Another MC in the mix....better for business

1 minute ago, YAKMOUTH said:

Another MC in the mix....better for business

Reeeeee, not an MC anymore. Good for business, though.

This looks familiar, near exact to be honest with exception of graphics and "M.C.' The goals, hierarchy, and partially the lore direct to it being the same M.C.  Could've had the common courtesy to at least consult with myself on bringing it back.

16 minutes ago, Steck said:

This looks familiar, near exact to be honest with exception of graphics and "M.C.' The goals, hierarchy, and partially the lore direct to it being the same M.C.  Could've had the common courtesy to at least consult with myself on bringing it back.

We discussed how we were going to name the group and 'Revenants' sounded the best. The problem is of course that the original Pagan's thread (AKA Pagan's V1) had the same name, but we came to the conclusion that it wasn't part of the current lore and so it shouldn't be a problem. However, if you think we should change it to something else like remnants or something similar, that is no problem at all.

As for the lore, our characters were part of The Pagan's and so the backstory of how The Pagan's Motorcycle Club ended up in Chernarus was a necessary thing to add here. We tried to make things different from that group as our characters are changing and are deliberately trying to create a new era for themselves, but we wanted to include little sneak peaks to our past, hence the cracks showing old graphics etc. There was no intention to cheaply "steal" anything if that is how it has been perceived by some. I thought it would be fine as both you and I created the original.

Again, it is not intended to be the same but we have included some old things for in-character reasons. The critique on the goals is valid and we might think on that, but the top hierarchy is something I personally see as a thing my character would not like to let go of. As a whole, we do not really function as the club we were before which might not have translated well onto the thread itself.

Edit: It is worth noting we checked when you last played and it was over a year ago, so we figured you wouldn't play again most likely. Naive perhaps, but it was part of our decision-making none the less.

2nd Edit: Important note, this isn't the same group and we never wanted it to be. Dumb move to name it the same as V1 as it contradicts the entire thing, but still.

Edited by Marcoooz

I will always remember The Pagans for Damien, Anton, Johnny, even Dusty and Joe ect. Just ain't gon' be the same. Regardless if it's Revenants, MC or The Pagans Emotional Support Group. When you Think " The Pagans " you'll think of what Steck created. Not this. 

Good luck regardless. 

Edited by Beni

15 minutes ago, Beni said:

I will always remember The Pagans for Damien, Anton, Johnny, even you two. ect ect. Just ain't gon' be the same. Regardless if it's Revenants, MC or The Pagans Emotional Support Group.When you think Pagans, you think of The Pagans MC. You can't do it without the original cast, not including myself. 

You're absolutely right we can't do it. We talk about old pagan times now and then, fondly. The only thing we wanted to bring back is our characters, and the pagans was the dominant half of who they were as individuals. Never will we try to replace or re-do what once was.

We (as in our characters) are trying to do something new with some obvious remaining details from the old (as our characters would have a hard time separating from the old ways). The name, again, contradicts all of it though so we'll discuss changing it if y'all really want it to be different.

Edited by Marcoooz

Is this the same people who were in this group back in 2016? If so, when I came back to DayzRP, I've been looking around the website for the people I used to play DayzRP with, but could not find everyone. Hit me up with a PM, if someone remembers.

This group brings back memories, especially when I was helping with the art back in 2016. Good luck with group.

IDK about all this drama but I mean I don't see no problem in making a "Revenants" group, I mean you basically could've just unarchived the main group page. Feels a bit like a sequel or something, you owned the last group page therefore you can unarchive it and redo all the graphics an shit. 

But goodluck I guess

Good luck : )

I did not expect this. I'm intrigued! I love the rules y'all have set for yourself. Best of luck to yall! 

frigg off Cyrus!

Goodluck guys love the graphics.

Hello fellow roleplayer,

So, we had an little session erlier today. And there seemed to be alot of tention during and after it on a stream. So, after the session I hear you guys are pissed over the recent RP we had. So me and @OxeN go and talk it out with you guys cuz we really want to beef and if there was any issues and wrongs on our side we gladly take that in and get better. We sorted stuff out and there seemed to be no bad blood. Really nice. 
Okey, so the Trade Union meet the Pegans in Vybor. You guys from the start introduce yourselfs as the Pegans and say you are here to make armsdeals with russians. Since we are a different type of hero group we see this as an issue and tell you guys to put your hands up. You guys comply and that is great so we can form a story and do the RP we are there to do. Unionize the trading in the region. From the get go you are annoyed and give little to no RP back. And looking at the vod afterwards (I do this to make my own RP better and learn) i am conserned and dissapointed in some off the stuff said and acted ingame and in the stream on a OOC level. There is shit talk about members of our group including myself and others. below is one clip from the session.

There is always two sides to RP. And it's hard for me to give RP when you from the start don't want any of it and avoid it. I try to ask questions but i can see in the vod that you guys pay little to no attention to what we are trying to do and just slag it off. If you go into an situation with that mindset it's not gonna be fun at all. You need to accept others roleplay and not just your own. Roleplay always goes both ways. 

We are trying our best with what we get. And yeah, we maybe did not bring our A-game but we where willing to talk about our flaws with you guys afterwards. And as I said above I look trough the stream to improve my own RP aswell. (I usually play a fucking stoner) So yes, i need to improve with this stuff. 
I also looked trough the group page and found the rules. And alot of the stuff said in the stream goes strait against those rules. And I really hope that you guys will work on that for future sessions with no just us but everyone.

Screenshot_20191118-224530_Samsung_Internet.jpg.95fa84b567c21857fe0e576899a03dac.jpg

I'd also like to point out that we gave you guys alot of chances after members decided to tell us to fuck off numerous times while having guns to your heads. We where simply making a treat to make you guys talk to get information. So this lead to even lowering arms to yell at us as shown in the video below while we had you guys taken hostage. 

With all of this being said I have no personal beef with anyone involved. I just exept more from a member like @kimmylou that I have RP'd with for years here and other servers. And I have respect for her on a IC and OOC level. I wish we can both learn from all this and make future meet ups better for both of us. 

I will end this with some good feedback. You have some good people in the group and the thread looks really crisp. Have a good night. 😄

Edited by KennethRP

26 minutes ago, KennethRP said:

-snip because crazy long post-

Oi oi.

Yeah it was cool that y'all came over and talked it out OOC, there were tons of misunderstandings and/or misread signals in the situation from our side. As you said, no bad blood. When it comes to OOC things being said I can't really defend myself or anyone else, but I can be honest and admit that some of us are and have always been quick to say shit we shouldn't. Lots of it isn't serious, but when it is I guarantee we forget about it shortly after and just let it go; we can be hotheaded dickheads and have a history of being just that. (Important to note that I am only talking about us who were present in the clip)

What's worse is that it was said on stream, which we should've thought about to be honest. It's one thing when you're on discord with buds and talk shit, but on stream when everyone can hear is very different. And it contradicts our "always prioritize IC" rule completely. (shame on us) When it comes to the RP side of things, I'll take on most of the blame as I went overboard with my character and it ultimately got me shot which is fair game. I fucked up and I knew it, even if I said otherwise in the heat of the moment.

I'll let others speak for themselves if they so wish, but I am certain they could all agree that we get hotheaded sometimes. Hope no offense sticks and again: some of us have a history with this and it's something we should fix, admittedly.

Edit: Our standards are higher than this. This was definitely a low point and we will do our best to not repeat it.

Edited by Marcoooz

1 minute ago, Marcoooz said:

Oi oi.

Yeah it was cool that y'all came over and talked it out OOC, there were tons of misunderstandings and/or misread signals in the situation from our side. As you said, no bad blood. When it comes to OOC things being said I can't really defend myself or anyone else, but I can be honest and admit that some of us are and have always been quick to say shit we shouldn't. Lots of it isn't serious, but when it is I guarantee we forget about it shortly after and just let it go; we can be hotheaded dickheads and have a history of being just that. (Important to note that I am only talking about us who were present in the clip)

What's worse is that it was said on stream, which we should've thought about to be honest. It's one thing when you're on discord with buds and talk shit, but on stream when everyone can hear is very different. And it contradicts our "always prioritize IC" rule completely. (shame on us) When it comes to the RP side of things, I'll take on most of the blame as I went overboard with my character and it ultimately got me shot which is fair game. I fucked up and I knew it, even if I said otherwise in the heat of the moment.

I'll let others speak for themselves if they so wish, but I am certain they could all agree that we get hotheaded sometimes. Hope no offense sticks and again: some of us have a history with this and it's something we should fix, admittedly.

Cheers mate. There is defo no bad blood. We can always get better at something. I know i can for sure. I always play a fucking hobo and just fuck about. And when I am in a situation I am mostly told to fuck off. haha. So thanks for understanding and not taking it wrong. I always thing communication is key to everything and we need to stay strong as an community. I am more then happy to talk att all time over PM's to not clutter the thread. 🙂

I do like the consept and the thread like I said. Ours is not as nice. 😉

The Revenants... Great name 😉 hope the group goes well.

On 11/17/2019 at 4:18 PM, Steck said:

I can understand being upset, but at the end of the day there really isn’t a reason to be, we are all here just to have fun.The group thread looks nice and pays homage to the previous one. I decided to bring back a group called aegis at one point which Gary Cash was a part of.

It didn’t pan out the way I wanted but Gary ended up being inspired by it and eventually made a group with the same goals just under a different name, in some aspects it was the same in name. Gary has went on to make that group very successful and it has affected a lot of people’s RP in a positive way. 

This looks interesting to say the least. No idea why it looks like a report thread though lol. 

Good luck with this!

teet.gif

Greetings @Marcoooz,

Is this group still active? I see that all of the members on the roster haven't been online for 1 week now. If it is you will have 1 week to become active with at least 5 active members. Also, the roster needs to be updated to tag the person's forum name next to their character name. I would also like to see some more long term goals added.

Thanks,

Randy