Server time (UTC): 2020-01-25, 09:47 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Not Pepsi

Randall R. Randalson unban appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair:

"@Not Pepsi, @PopPop, & @Drtots, the behavior the three of you exhibited in this encounter is absolutely unacceptable.  When robbing someone, you can absolutely not require them to strip all of their clothes off just to search through their belongings."

We did not strip him naked just to search his belongings, we stripped him naked because he was a chernorussian and this is exactly what they did when they kidnapped me the day before. 

"Additionally, while we recognize your effort to leave him a hatchet and you are not required to leave your hostage with a firearm, a hatchet isn't much use against a pack of infected or wolves, both of which are prominent in the area of the robbery."

This is a lie, we were very close to Kamensk and in this screenshot you can see that he's very much closer to the city than he is to ANY wolves spawn. We are at the small green square 500meters from Kamensk and not in the actual military compound.
1kI-Fq6KTN6rXV3yNeaGmg.png?width=837&hei

And in this screenshot you can see that there are absolutely NO wolves spawns in the direction he was running in the video. If he kept running the same way he was in the video after we left, he would reach Kamensk, and like it shows in the next screenshot after this proves that there are no wolves surrounding him like he said happened. 
FSxRMoVjQ8ewsGHSsLIUnQ.png

The link below isn't posting as a picture for some reason, so don't forget to click it.
imgur.com/GXMKK0f

I believe this ban was unjustified since the main reason I got banned was for him supposedly having no chances of survival, and that he supposedly got surrounded by wolves.  Because he did have high chances of survival. He was right next to a pretty decently big town called Kamensk, and he was much closer to that city than he was to the alleged wolves that he said he got surrounded by, yet theres no evidence of them ever being there. I find it weird how since he was recording, why he couldn't post atleast a picture of the wolves being around. Would make pretty good evidence for a report, no? I made sure to drop him some food, which supposedly did not show up for him

We were decently close to the area even after the robbery just incase his chernorussian friends would show up after we left. We heard absolutely no howling at all. He had shoes on when we left and looking at the video, you can't hear any howling either. 

In the video you can see him run towards the city Kamensk, where there surely was enough food and water for him to survive a few more days, then make a turn into the forest. You can also see in the video that he was not hungry, nor thirsty (I agree we did not know this, and we did not ask, but we did drop him some just incase he was)

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: He left out several minutes of the hostage situation in the video, only recording ~5 minutes when it actually was alot more than 5 minutes of us talking to him. His attitude was very hostile and quite frankly hurting my ears with the screaming he was doing.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: An unban, I will take the warning points since I agree we should've made sure he actually got the food, but I didn't come to think that the Dayz mechanics would make the food vanish into the floor, so thats something I will definitely be looking out for in the future.

What could you have done better?: 

I could have made sure he actually got the food and water we dropped, and double checked that the game didn't steal it from him.

We could have had more interactive roleplay, but we were all really paranoid that his friends, the chernorussians were on the way over, which is why I was crouched below the windows a big majority of the time.

We could have forced him further away from the area that we held him up in, but I wasn't sure how much time we would have before his chernorussian friends would arrive and start sniping us, as every time I've ran into a chernorussian they have literally NEVER been alone.

We could have controlled his attitude a little more than we did, as it was not any fun roleplay from his side of the monitor either. First time, every time and last time I got robbed I've been very compliant, scared for my life and have kept from insulting the hostage takers, as it would probably end in me being shot or injured. This is something he did not do. If he valued his life and tried to actually play a good hostage then it could've been more fun on his side aswell as ours.

We could have took him to the nearest town and forced him inside a building where we could be free from the paranoia of his friends showing up, which would end in more extended and in depth roleplay 

Sometimes RP doesn't always go the way you want it to, and it's a mistake I made not checking that you actually got the nutrients I dropped, which I am going to do in the future.

I am fairly new to the server and that was the 2nd guy we've kidnapped, the first time we kidnapped someone it was both fun and immersive on both sides of the monitor, and I could tell both sides enjoyed it. 

Thank you for taking your time to review my unban appeal. I apologize on my end to Arnost aswell, since the paranoia made the RP shorter than it could've been if we were to take you someplace else.

// Simon a.ka Randall

Edited by Not Pepsi

Hello @Not Pepsi,

A separate team of staff members have reviewed your appeal and come to the conclusion to deny it.

Early in your lengthy appeal you claim the following:

We did not strip him naked just to search his belongings, we stripped him naked because he was a chernorussian and this is exactly what they did when they kidnapped me the day before. 

Just because someone else did this to you, does not mean that you are allowed to do this towards other people. Two wrongs doesn't make one right. Stripping someone naked is considered badRP and not allowed to do.

In the end you also failed to provide your hostage with a good chance of surviving. He had little to no gear, no food. Even though you claim you dropped food on the floor you failed to tell him and therefore it may have despawned. There was no reason to strip everything off his gear to begin with.

This is the rule you broke.

4.6 If you successfully capture a player through a hostile action and then take him into your custody, he is now considered your hostage. You must do everything in your power to keep your hostages alive and in a relatively good health. That includes protecting them from external threats like zombies and leaving them with a realistic chance of survival when they are released. A character that is taken hostage may be executed once for a hostile incident that happened in the past where the hostage was personally responsible for, or participated in a death of your ally. In any other circumstances, hostages may only be executed in the following scenarios:

• Hostages do not comply with your demands after repeated requests or try to escape.
  • Hostages pose a direct threat to you or your group, for example by picking up a weapon when not allowed to.
  • Hostages do not value their life, for example they repeatedly talk back or insult you despite being told to stop.
  • Approved group of the hostage or their allies refuse to negotiate or open fire on hostage takers.
  • Demands from negotiations with approved group of the hostage have not been met after a reasonable time has elapsed.

With that said.

Appeal denied, points and ban stays.

Signed @Hofer & @Rover