Server time (UTC): 2019-12-13, 06:27 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Apollo

Turn down night time duration

Turn down night time duration  

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Honestly, 1 hour is the best choice. No need to cut it down even more.

Night time is most of the times great, as people always gather up to stay together and pass the night in peace and company 🙂

Also, flashlights are great and trust me, playing during night time with a flash light, looting places is very scary !

I voted no on this one. Personally I love nighttime and wouldn't want it to be shortened further. There's a lot of atmosphere/immersion that comes with it that heavily outweighs the possible cons to not being able to see that well (and even that's debatable, because the 'glow' that the game provides to help you see reaches to like 10m ahead of you).

Also, torches are easy to make (1 rag and a stick) and flashlights are quite common. I can see how some people rather not use light sources because it makes them easy to spot, but it adds a layer of immersion that's just absent from DayZ during daytime.

night time sucks.

8 hours ago, Squillium said:

Lmao it’s a survival game get a flashlight

ok bill stockton thats a good idea.

I like it the way it is right now. Wouldnt mind if it's even longer, but let's not do that... 🙂 

1 hour of nighttime is nothing, if they should do something they should increase it to atleast 2 hours

6 hours ago, Apollo said:

damn dude calm down 

I only wanted to see if the community felt the same way i did, I just feel like the fact that Dayz's night is so dark its so difficult to see mans had to squint to see. 

No one is mad here, I was just making a point. Idk why everything has to be rustled jimmies these days. I was one of the people who wanted more night time as it’s more immersive having a working day night cycle, lots of people wanted it. 

I just wish night time was a bit more like it was in 2016, where the moon actually worked and it wasn't completely black. 
Also side note, Apollo just wanted to see how the community felt about something, yet some people are quick to pull the "Learn to not just initiate or firefight for one hour". Actually mad annoying, especially since the Jackals don't PVP. 

Anyways, overall, i would just like to see the night time being a bit more realistic with the moon actually giving light sometimes. 

I don't really understand why you would want to shorten it even more. If it were up to me, I would actually make it longer, cause nighttime has a whole different atmosphere than day. Yes it's dark... it is so as well in reallife, well maybe without the annoying static layer over the screen, but yeah. With a light source you still can see perfectly fine. Yes it's of course more dangerous since you can't see that far, but I like that actually. 

I do agree that night is not perfect right now and there needs to be some things done for it, yet I don't see the current state as a reason to shorten it. Not at all. 

So a clear no from me on this one

As others are saying, an hour of night time isn't that long. For me at least, the night allows me to have a "break" if you wanna call it that where I can just sit down somewhere and just chill with whoever I'm with. If I'm alone during the night then I'll either sit down in a building with a fire going waiting for people to come and join or go out and run in the darkness. With the way the time is set to right now, I feel like it's fine the way it is now. Maybe add an extra hour to the day shift tho 🤔

Nighttime is my favorite, please don't shorten it. Most of my favorite interactions have happened at night. I think that's because the darkness gives random survivors a reason to stay together.

Also, though some others have stated otherwise, I find it much easier to find other people at night than in daytime.

Edited by Oryx

I agree, very hard to pvp in the night time.

I personally like the night time it makes people come together and get some decent RP and get to know people. Now with the winter map coming and when it becomes night I honestly think a lot of story RP is coming and will be good for the community  if it does. For me night is fine how it is. 

Just use your eyes lol 🙂

2 hours ago, Blake said:

I just wish night time was a bit more like it was in 2016, where the moon actually worked and it wasn't completely black. 
Also side note, Apollo just wanted to see how the community felt about something, yet some people are quick to pull the "Learn to not just initiate or firefight for one hour". Actually mad annoying, especially since the Jackals don't PVP. 

Anyways, overall, i would just like to see the night time being a bit more realistic with the moon actually giving light sometimes. 

I wasn’t really targeting anyone or any group in particular just making a statement. I personally don’t even know anyone in that group and had no idea the people in the thread were in said group until you brought it up. The thread was posted so the community could give their opinion, as a member of the community I gave mine. I could have perhaps used better language such as “adapt to your situation”. I see some in the thread are saying to keep your opinion to yourself, if that’s the case what is the purpose in the thread? Even with that being said do we want opinions or not? Bottom line is don’t take everything so personally, it’s a community centered around an online video game. 

Edited by ZeroRP

Nobody is saying to completely remove night from the server, however, it's a fact that it's harder to find RP and people at night as you can't see that great. This game is already a time-sink as it's a lot of running and travelling, so I don't want to spend an hour searching around in the dark for RP. 

Reducing night time to 30 minutes still allows people who want to sit around a campfire at night to do that, and allows them to continue RPing the more survival-y aspect of the game, and at the same time, that period of not finding anyone is cut shorter. 

TL;DR: Nobody says to remove night time, just reduce it a little because nobody wants to struggle to find people. Running around in the dark just trying to find someone - anyone - is not fun.

4 minutes ago, Dusty said:

it's a fact that it's harder to find RP and people at night as you can't see that great.

idk about this tbh, most the times I played during night I found it more easier to spot people

Just now, AndreyQ said:

idk about this tbh, most the times I played during night I found it more easier to spot people

I mean the fact that it's definitely harder to see people at night, even with night vision, as compared to day. And some people just stop moving and stay where they are for the night, meaning you see less people travelling.

Definitely not IMO I think the current day night cycle proportionally and length wise is pretty much the most perfect it’s ever been— also selfishly— the new group Peacebreakers are very tied into the day and night cycle so I’m really excited for it and I don’t wanna see anything change in that department 

I voted no because I think an hour for the night cycle is just fine. I really struggle to see at night and don't use NVG's but I love to ultilize flashlights, fires, torches etc.

I think the 1 hour night time is just enough, I personally wouldn't want it longer then an hour but it gives me time to relax and have a laugh around a campfire or inside a house with the people I am with or found on my travels until daytime comes and we either split or travel together. I personally don't think it is long, plus I give everyone a laugh when those I am with have NVG's and I'm giving them a monologue that I can't see which for some reason they find funny, it gives people another type of rp that can be fun 

Feel like the nighttime we currently have is really unnecessary, its just way too long. Alot of people are missing some good quality RP time by trying to find their way in the dark. This can easily get avoided.

Night time is there for a reason. Same as hunger, thirst, sickness, threat of infected and wildlife, not forgetting the people around. Find a flashlight, flare, chemlight or hell. Make a torch. Travel at night, or hunker down for it. This is a survival game and an role play server. Night is part of it. If you can't navigate at night time, well. I suggest staying put or practicing it. It's easy! even without nvg's.

I'll be honest, this night time roleplay all of you talk about is news to me. All i see at night is guys sprinting at me with NVG's and robbing me. 

I prefer night over day, there is something about traveling in the dark with glowsticks and campfires that i enjoy way more then daylight.

On 11/15/2019 at 11:10 PM, Apollo said:

I'll be honest, this night time roleplay all of you talk about is news to me. All i see at night is guys sprinting at me with NVG's and robbing me. 

Can’t say I’ve ever experienced this being robbed by someone with NVG’s in the dark 

At least you got some roleplay usually I get to play with wolves or infected 

Edited by Elijah Johnson