Server time (UTC): 2020-01-26, 04:06 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Apollo

Turn down night time duration

Turn down night time duration  

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For the past week, I get stuck in queue then when am in its night time for what feels like forever.

Simple poll to see how the rest of the community feel about this

As far as I know, night time is 1 hour long, daytime is 3 hours. You have some consecutive unlucky timing when joining the server. In my opinion its ok like this, cause I really missed night time and the eeriness of night (especially in the woods) back when server only had day time.

The cycle @TheSilent12 stated is correct.

I believe it should stay the way it is. One hour is not long, and it allows you to utilize flashlights, NVGs, fireplaces etc.

Feels like im playing Rust vanilla when its nighttime.

(Kosing everyone who voted no btw)

Edited by TurkRP

Lmao it’s a survival game get a flashlight

17 hours ago, TurkRP said:

Feels like im playing Rust vanilla when its nighttime.

(Kosing everyone who voted no btw)

Only difference is a distinct lack of tiny stiff wang

17 hours ago, TurkRP said:

Im confused, ? :s

Do you play the censored version of rust?  

17 hours ago, APositivePara said:

Do you play the censored version of rust? 

Wait is there a censored version of rust ?

Imo, yes. While I like night time as much as the next guy its just to long as it currently stands.

Please make shorter, squinting hurts my eyes.

When it's night time, some people go afk or stop travelling, staying in the same spot for the night. It's also hard to see people in the distance unless they're broadcasting their location with a ball of light. This makes finding RP at night infinitely harder. I think night time needs to be reduced by at least half.

Wouldn't hurt my immersion if they'd reduce it by 15 to 20 mins. Most of the people stay in houses or in their base anyway at nighttime. Night is the most un-eventful period on the server.

I agree that we should have night be like 15 mins shorter, not fully removed because then nvgs are useless AND night can be interesting scenery especially during hostilities. But definitely shorter because most of the time night means everyone stays in whatever town/house theyre in for the next hour.

Night time is fine the way it is. 

Actually, some of my fondest moments come from night-time shenanigans.

I've stumbled upon several players who camp down for the night, lighting up a fire in a house, cooking some meat or simply resting.

One hour of night time with three hours of daytime is perfectly fine, and with plenty of chemlights, flashlights and other tools to see at night you shouldn't have issues moving.

How about no. It’s a survival game. Night time is suppose to give people some time to RP the more survival things that aren’t screaming and shooting. Learn to not just initiate or firefight for one hour or so and have some relaxation around a fire  I find combining both play styles is the most fun tbh. Just get a flashlight or night vision if you feel like you have to travel at night. I get that’s not everyone’s cup of tea but as a community we should try to have a little bit of everything for everyone. Not just having a majority of one thing. Diversify. 

Edited by ZeroRP

No. Just no. It's a survival game for a reason. Roleplay as you would if you were an individual in an post-apocalyptic scenario at night. You'd hunker down in a secure location with reliable people, or you'd have the appropriate gear and willing to take the risk to travel around. 

Frankly, I find it immersion breaking when I see players running around at night without a lightsource (or NVGs). I almost wish the night-cycle were longer.

43 minutes ago, ZeroRP said:

How about no. It’s a survival game. Night time is suppose to give people some time to RP the more survival things that aren’t screaming and shooting. Learn to not just initiate or firefight for one hour or so and have some relaxation around a fire  I find combining both play styles is the most fun tbh. Just get a flashlight or night vision if you feel like you have to travel at night. I get that’s not everyone’s cup of tea but as a community we should try to have a little bit of everything for everyone. Not just having a majority of one thing. Diversify. 

damn dude calm down 

I only wanted to see if the community felt the same way i did, I just feel like the fact that Dayz's night is so dark its so difficult to see mans had to squint to see. 

1/3 is night, reducing it by 15 to 20 Mins really doesn't hurt the survival aspect. You won't see many people actually roaming, most of them stay resting somewhere. That's a lot time you spend sitting somewhere waiting for the sun to rise. By reducing the time you can still have a use for nvgs, lights and rest near a fire (or smth like that). You even have enough time to ambush or rob people in the protection of the dark while the majority can at least save themselves valuable minutes of not sitting in front of a fire, doing nothing.

Glad the real gamers vote is persevering 

Just log off if you got a problem with night time. It's great and not many servers has it. Modded ones that is.

i dont think its that long at all.
keep it the way it is

- PLAYER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST -

1 minute ago, Diamond said:

Everyone big mad on this thread. Relax Jesus Christ 

honestly i try to be a constructive community member and discuss

but at the end of the day hoes mad