Server time (UTC): 2020-01-21, 01:00 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Thrynn

Just a small suggestion.

I'd like to suggest adding a certain item, military shovel into the mod also known as Entrenching tool. In real life its both used as multi tool and a melee weapon, that's something that many survivors would love to have with them, you can use it to dig holes, trenches, cut down bushes and trees, and on top of that to also cut off limbs and chop off heads of the infected. Picture for attention: 

large_saperka-prosta-SAP-01-1.jpg

Indeed i would vote for it. Same size like hatchet you can dig with it  cut down bushes but I don feel like cutting down trees im ok with. 

@PaulB Cutting down trees is one of the real life uses of it, of course it would take a long time to cut down big tree, but smaller ones without a problem, there are many types of Military Shovels and in post soviet countries that's a must have in loadout of the infantry, jokes about "Saperka" and Russian spetznas are already legendary 😛

Pretty sure something like this was in the legacy patch of DayZ, We only have one shovel in game and it would be nice to have another one.

There is one in one of the current mod packs, but I have not seen it in game

Actually I just jumped into the singleplayer mode and there is a fully functional Field Shovel. Maybe December first update can include this? Big + from my side for this to be put ingame.

HSynac1.png

Edited by Nonplayer

❤️ Why doesn't it spawn in game! 😞 @Roland plis fix? :3 (And fix the weight, there's no way in hell that it weights 6kg in real life, it is lighter)

Edited by Thrynn

I actually remember the shovel from the old days, a shame it doesn't spawn. +1 from me to bring it back in!

I support this idea, collapsible so it can be concealed easily and not take up to much storage. Or maybe the mod would allow you to attach it your plate carrier or vest/belt.