Server time (UTC): 2020-01-20, 22:03 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Banshee

Has anyone ever had night terrors?

I know that'd it probably be better for me to see a doctor or a psyschologist about this, which I will be doing very soon, but I was wondering. Have any of you ever had night terrors, and if so, what did y'all do to get rid of them?

I've been sleeping awfully for the past 2 weeks, and every time I do manage to fall asleep I've been woken up by night terrors, heart pounding, sweating, and unable to fall back asleep. It's  been affecting my negatively in school, as I'm constantly tired due to the amount of actual sleep I've been able to get.

edit:

My ex-girlfriend had them aswell, but they'd only happen very rarely and never back-to-back. She'd just wake up screaming, and go back to sleep like nothing happened.

Edited by Water Scooter

I'm sorry to hear about your problems sleeping, I agree that you should seek professional help.
Now about helping you, I'm sorry to say I do not know mouch about this expet maybe you may got some supresst memory thats about to surface but dont take my word on that and again I strongly sugest you seek proffesional help, i'm sure they can help you.
Best of luck and lets hope you get well soon

I used to get it a lot, still do. Happened more when I went to bed around 1-3ish in the morning because your mind is more so in a restless state and can induce lucid dreaming (in my experience.) What times do you usually go to sleep and wake up?

I have them every night. Shit blows. I wake up panicking. I had to do a sleep study cuz of it and they hooked me up to all kinds machines like I was a robot lol

@Water Scooter are you stressed? Do you overthink things? Did something bad happened that you are still thinking about it? Do you find yourself often in situations where you get stressed/anxious/distressed often? Do you panic easily?

1 minute ago, TheSilent12 said:

@Water Scooter are you stressed? Do you overthink things? Did something bad happened that you are still thinking about it? Do you find yourself often in situations where you get stressed/anxious/distressed often? Do you panic easily?

Yes to all pretty much yeah

1 minute ago, Water Scooter said:

Yes to all pretty much yeah

I don't wanna pretend like I am some professional psychiatric person or anything like that, I did good in psychology in school but that is not even nearly enough to brag about knowing things in that subject. However I do think this is the source of your night terrors. Can I also ask, do you sometimes find it hard to breath or your heart rate rising just by remembering stressful/bad situations? 

On 11/14/2019 at 8:20 AM, Water Scooter said:

I know that'd it probably be better for me to see a doctor or a psyschologist about this, which I will be doing very soon, but I was wondering. Have any of you ever had night terrors, and if so, what did y'all do to get rid of them?

I've been sleeping awfully for the past 2 weeks, and every time I do manage to fall asleep I've been woken up by night terrors, heart pounding, sweating, and unable to fall back asleep. It's  been affecting my negatively in school, as I'm constantly tired due to the amount of actual sleep I've been able to get.

edit:

My ex-girlfriend had them aswell, but they'd only happen very rarely and never back-to-back. She'd just wake up screaming, and go back to sleep like nothing happened.

Yeah. I get em. Occasionally. Just ignore them. 

Edited by Billy