Server time (UTC): 2019-12-08, 17:05 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Dyhadration

DayzRP Map on S2

Hello fellow community.

Since ve'we heard about Deer Isle shutdown on S2 I got an idea for S2 server. Since Chernarus is on S1 an highly welcomed there the S2 would be interisting if continuing the overall Zagoria map. 

Deer Isle was perfect for that reason but also if the map owner had put it off for donation servers we can still manage to create one map suitable for S2? By ourself I mean. If some developers here gather up. 

I'm talking about DayzRP legitimate map for our own map and Lore expandure. 

We could've witnessed Deer Isle on S2 was getting more and more populated and it's hive was getting bigger by the day since a lot of players are sticking from dayz from beginning and knows Chernarus by the heart. It was interesting. I was thinking about traveling to other islands. And since the boats are also arriving (at least so I've heard) it would be one of a great travel. 

It makes more of a exploring challenge to expandure overall stories and map of DayzRP and Lore. Like organizasitans and factions could literally travel through S1 to S2 maps and have more of organised communities. Imagine that you can go from Chernarus to (example) Bratastzhan. (I choose Bratastzhan because of country of Khazastan it also boarders with Russia. Made sense to me to think of something like that. ) You can make stories in Chernarus and then travel and make also charachter growth in Bratastzhan. 

My final conclusion and suggestion:

I suggest that here od DayzRP community we gather up team of developers who would be happy to develop a map for us. Who would be willingly to contribute to this kind of idea. I don't call myself a developer. But I was working on in idea of a dayz map. I developed some schetcehs for the map. I was thinking a lot of wasteland and dust so got an idea since Khasahstan is dusty that we could make (example) our map Bratastzhan like this. DayzRP community would spice up the gameplay. The map we'd like to be something new. And since this community makes it we can keep it here for those being whitelisted and so on. 

And final agreement: 

What do community think of that idea. Do you think idea is good. 

Could anyonoe contribute? 

Kind regards to community

Dhy

time to revisit this

@CrimHey @Crim

I've read this. But I think Deer Isle was up for 2 weeks and didn't had time to expendure to a bigger life. And Chernarus for what like 4 years. People needed some time to go from Chernarus to Deer Isle and even with their stories and charachters that was hard to do. I am sure of that. Having 2 Chernarus maps it's somewhat confusing. Then I run on S2 Chernarus I go for the Green mountain camp where there should be RP traders and there's no trader because S2 doesn't have that. But on S1 the whole camp is set up. This is why S2 Chernarus would not work such as other map would. 

Imagine the traders group expandure on S2 where there is map extended. 

Okay its a waste that Deer Isle didn't get high population during its 2 weeks. But I think that it would over some time. 

If Livonia comes out what will it run on Server 3?

Creating a map is very difficult and time consuming process. There's a reason why there's tons of regular mods out on the workshop, but only like two or two three half-finished maps (including Deer Isle).

While I would love to have a custom map just for DayZRP, it is far too ambitious and unrealistic project considering the size of our development team.

S2 will either stay offline or be changed to Chernarus, but then this second Chernarus will be shut down once Livonia releases as we don't want 3 servers. So there would probably be little to no point of playing there if it's going to go down very soon.

14 minutes ago, Roland said:

Creating a map is very difficult and time consuming process. There's a reason why there's tons of regular mods out on the workshop, but only like two or two three half-finished maps (including Deer Isle).

While I would love to have a custom map just for DayZRP, it is far too ambitious and unrealistic project considering the size of our development team.

S2 will either stay offline or be changed to Chernarus, but then this second Chernarus will be shut down once Livonia releases as we don't want 3 servers. So there would probably be little to no point of playing there if it's going to go down very soon.

Why not just do it so it only opens once s1 is full and have it set to cherno