Server time (UTC): 2019-12-13, 22:38 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Apollo

Point appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 2e14559bdf28c0aec038688594eb9e7b.png

Why the verdict is not fair: My great friend Diamond has returned to us after being gone from the community for a long period of time. He rejoined our group and posted that its good to be back. I respond to him on our group thread, not flaming or just posting on a random thread not giving any good information. I respond to him with new relevant information about how i feel that he is returning so I used the emoji as it sums up my feelings. 

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: Im not the only one on our thread to get points for posting in regards to this or other similar situations, in that situation it felt appropriate to use emojis as that can still be contributing to the the exchange, the emoji is a constructive form of expression unlike just writing "lol" or posting a gif/unrelated media.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: Points removed or changed to a warning.

What could you have done better?: Instead of using an emoji i could've typed out my feelings 

Greetings Apollo,

A separate staff team have reviewed this appeal and come to the conclusion to deny it.

Your post is clearly breaking following rule :

1.5 Do not reply to old threads with no new relevant information (also known as "necro"). The general rule is that all threads with last reply older than 3 months should not be replied to unless one responds with new, relevant information. Forum posts must keep a high standard and add a constructive and meaningful opinion that contributes to the thread at hand. Examples of non-constructive and non-contributing replies are simple and meaningless expressions like "lol", jokes, memes, banter or replies containing only pictures, gifs or other unrelated media. Off topic forums and status updates are the only areas on the website exempt from this rule.

As seen even your group thread is not excluded from this rule and even group thread need to keep up with the forum posts standards. 

Wit this being said,

Appeal denied, points stay

Signed by @PaulB, @Hofer and @Realize