Server time (UTC): 2019-12-15, 01:28 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

Deer Isle shutdown

Deer Isle developer Benni has decided to disallow usage of his map on monetized servers, see this statement posted in official Deer Isle Discord:

08:58] JohnMcLane (Benni): @everyone 
Some very important info to all Server Hosters due to some latest incidents:

DeerIsle MONETIZED SERVER Rules:

You are allowed to use the map as long as your server just takes donations without any monetization!

Donations VS Monetization:

Donations:
* Donation is a voluntary gift WITHOUT ANY COUNTERVALUE. 
* You do not offer any perks or rewards for such donations and players do not expect anything back. 
* This is allowed and does not require an approval.

Monetization:
* Happens when players, unlike with donations, receive ! ANY KIND OF REWARD ! for their money. 
* This can include Priority Queues, Custom Items, Roles,...just: ! ANY KIND OF REWARD !
* This requires an approval of the Map Author. 

Conclusion: You can of course take Donations for supporting your servers costs - no problem and allowed. But remember – a donation is a gift without any counter value! If your donators receive something IN ANY WAY for donating then we no longer consider it a donation.

In the end its quite simple: 

Donations: voluntary gift WITHOUT ANY REWARD OR SERVICE IN RETURN. (allowed)
Monetizing: voluntary gift WITH REWARD OR SERVICE IN RETURN. (not allowed) 

These rules will be applied and go "live" starting at FR 15.11.2019

Due to this we are forced to shut down the Deer Isle server on 15.11.2019 (Friday). It is currently uncertain if it will be replaced with another Chernarus server, or if we will keep the second server down until Livonia release.

Before we shut down Deer Isle, we will organize one last hurrah in form of a KoS event on Deer Isle server!

You will be allowed to freely fire on anything that moves starting 00:01 on Friday 15/11 2019 server time until final server shutdown (will be announced using RCON, some time in the afternoon/evening). All weapon, ammo and infected spawns will be increased to the max on that day to allow for maximum fun. We will be spawning zombies and items for you as well.

Lore wise, the shutdown of the server and no further access to the map will be explained by a hidden and dormant horde of infected hiding around the mountain on the northern part of the island. After a large explosion of gas tubes in the western military base docks, the horde was alerted and headed south inland towards the noise. Survivors on the island were completely overwhelmed by their numbers and were pushed back to the southern shore, forcing them to flee to the mainland once again. No survivor will be able to go back to the island after that.

Well now... this sucks. But hey, at least we are giving it a great BANG of a send off! I look forward to seeing everyone back home in Chernarus. Maybe a Chernarus S2? 

F in the chat

tenor.gif?itemid=12855021

Rest in piece sweet Deer Isle. Was nice knowing you.

Also please open Chernarus S2

Deer Isle was fun while it lasted. A second Chernarussian server would be great though. 

RIP to all the people having to now queue into S1. Godspeed.

Oh no... this is so sad. 

I really liked Deer Isle. So I really hope Livonia will be released soon or another server takes place, cause of the queue. 

sad rabbit GIF

RIP lonely house next to the lake. You will be missed 😞

I support this, now we can finally get an S2 instead. Good job Deer Isle devs 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, NozzyRP said:

I support this, now we can finally get an S2 instead. Good job Deer Isle devs 👍🏻

Yup, didn’t care about Deer Isle to begin with, hopefully there’s an S2 Chernarrus and it’ll unload some of the que for those unwilling to pay for Diamond. 

Right who's getting KOS'ed first then?

Hahahahaha this will be fun

Not gonna lie; I’m happy about losing deer isle. The server pops proved that most people wanted to play on Chernarus instead. 

It was fun o7 i liked the map because of different reasons. But as the Livonia is on the way we shall receive hopefully better replacement. Brace yourselfs hype yourselfs as new story will open its door for us.

not my deer isle !

sad cry GIF

I would suggest going back to the "old system" of two servers on the same map, possible hive match included. No matter what you do, two servers seem heavily suggested because one alone might not cut it given waiting lines. When might Namalsk or Livonia be coming, anyway?

If or before anyone starts preaching about the end of it all because of possible ghosting: well, we caught people before and if you keep tabs on your inventory you can tell if someone did that, netting them hefty punishment.

Edited by Combine

Well this is a big fat bummer... Hoping that another server, even if it is Chernarus, will replace it... because that puts the roughly 40 max people who played on Deer Isle out of commission... I've been playing exclusively on this map because I've been unable to get into the main server 😛

F

Please make server 2 into Chernarus again! The queue times are crazy!

@APositiveJade Mal can't hide from me forever.

Sounds good.

@Roland I implore you to keep two Chernarus servers and a third for Livonia.