Server time (UTC): 2020-09-27, 21:06
Sign in to follow this  
rokvam

Toxic zone mod gone...

Silly question... Are there still toxic zones now that the mod is no longer active?

Do we just RP toxic zones now, or are they still present baked into another mod?

Greetings,

There has always been zones with Radiation, the Toxic Zone helped reinforce that. Here is one of the Lore Post: 

Calling in @Major since he knows about the Lore and all of the radiation zones 

You will still need to use an NBC suit and gas mask in the Troistke military base as our lores states that there is radioactive clouds or whatever they are there. As for Tisy, our lore doesn't state anything about that so you can head there freely, although.. I went there today and I used a gas mask just for RP reasons as the toxic clouds were now "gone". But yes, the mods no longer exist as we have disabled it from the server for performance increase!

2 minutes ago, Saunders said:

You will still need to use an NBC suit and gas mask in the Troistke military base as our lores states that there is radioactive clouds or whatever they are there. As for Tisy, our lore doesn't state anything about that so you can head there freely, although.. I went there today and I used a gas mask just for RP reasons as the toxic clouds were now "gone". But yes, the mods no longer exist as we have disabled it from the server for performance increase!

Yeah, it was the knowledge of earlier "RP'ing" toxic zones that made me ask the question.

In the past, just a gas mask was considered OK in the "ruined base" as well, but it's good to know beforehand... Don't want my character killed off by not complying with the lore.

I was just wandering how to go about this now... So thx for the update...

Will the zones be brought back at any point you think? 

3 minutes ago, rokvam said:

Yeah, it was the knowledge of earlier "RP'ing" toxic zones that made me ask the question.

In the past, just a gas mask was considered OK in the "ruined base" as well, but it's good to know beforehand... Don't want my character killed off by not complying with the lore.

I was just wandering how to go about this now... So thx for the update...

Forget the mod and the actual effects. 

TLDR

Kamensk Military base has had mostly trace amounts of radiation since Soviet times in areas of the base that were not used often, hence a lack of symptoms. The current and main reason of the contamination is the invisible toxic agent being emitted from underground at the base which makes people there sick and turn.

18 minutes ago, rokvam said:

That's completely up to Roland and nobody else but El Presidente get's a say in this. Nor do we even know that it's going to be removed before it does. Therefore, this questions is something that I cannot answer. 

AFAIK if you go there and are caught by someone without appropriate protection you will be found guilty if reported.

That was how it worked before the toxic mod was added, I vividly remember a report where someone was indeed punished for badrp.

20 hours ago, Ducky said:

AFAIK if you go there and are caught by someone without appropriate protection you will be found guilty if reported.

That was how it worked before the toxic mod was added, I vividly remember a report where someone was indeed punished for badrp.

Again, that's exactly why I asked the question... I want to comply to all rules, and provide good RP at all times!
Since Tisy had a poison cloudwhen the mod was active, I was a bit confused to what rules were in effect when the mod was removed.

My take away from this is, based on the replies is as follows: 

1. Any visit to Troitskoe will have to be done with proper full hazmat gear, and not just a gas-mask. 

2. Tisy is good without this protective gear though, as lore does not state anything about this area and poison at this time

Would that be a correct summary?

1 minute ago, rokvam said:

Again, that's exactly why I asked the question... I want to comply to all rules, and provide good RP at all times!
Since Tisy had a poison cloudwhen the mod was active, I was a bit confused to what rules were in effect when the mod was removed.

My take away from this is, based on the replies is as follows: 

1. Any visit to Troitskoe will have to be done with proper full hazmat gear, and not just a gas-mask. 

2. Tisy is good without this protective gear though, as lore does not state anything about this area and poison at this time

Would that be a correct summary?

I believe so.

Tisy was never meant to have a toxic cloud, and there wasnt meant to be a roaming one either, at least not lorewise.

@Roland however pulled an epic gamer move, and added them anyway.

But yes, you should be fine to visit tisy now without protective gear, and Troitskoe with gear.

Just now, Ducky said:

I believe so.

Tisy was never meant to have a toxic cloud, and there wasnt meant to be a roaming one either, at least not lorewise.

@Roland however pulled an epic gamer move, and added them anyway.

But yes, you should be fine to visit tisy now without protective gear, and Troitskoe with gear.

Fantastic! Thx for clearing that up!

Thread may be closed, asked and answered 🙂

Closed per OP's request