Server time (UTC): 2019-12-11, 07:34 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

Server performance issues

40 minutes ago, Roland said:

First, I have modified loot table and halved spawn numbers for all items in game. This is after seeing how abundant clothing and weapons are, where they are literally littering floors inside bases.

FINALLY!

Im guessing all the items related to those mods are deleted then?

5 minutes ago, Mellstrom said:

Im guessing all the items related to those mods are deleted then?

Yes

i just tried spawning a black gp5 gasmask onthe floor and it will not spawn, my previous gasmask got deleted after toxiczone got disabled as well.

Just now, Mellstrom said:

i just tried spawning a black gp5 gasmask onthe floor and it will not spawn, my previous gasmask got deleted after toxiczone got disabled as well.

Im not sure how you tried to spawn one in, as you physically should not be able to, the Black GP-5 is part of the Toxic Zone mod, or MMIO, however at the end of the day it does not really matter.

What matters is that the Black GP-5 is not on the itemshop, how exactly did you try to spawn it in?

it is in my inventory of the itemshops s

Just now, Ducky said:

Im not sure how you tried to spawn one in, as you physically should not be able to, the Black GP-5 is part of the Toxic Zone mod, or MMIO, however at the end of the day it does not really matter.

What matters is that the Black GP-5 is not on the itemshop, how exactly did you try to spawn it in?

it is in my inventory of the itemshops still

It shouldn't be? Can you take a screenshot?

@Ducky

i mean i literally cant since its a cooldown on it now, if the cooldown can be disabled i can.

Edited by Mellstrom

@Ducky i still have a black gasmask in a tent btw.

Performance seems to be improved on S1 after wiping vehicles and removing the mods above. We still have a cleanup to do, but it currently should be playable.

Deer Isle server has been moved to our EU site, to not affect performance of Chernarus server, which it seemed to do during my tests. The IP address has changed. It is now s2.dayzrp.com:2400

I have also added new vehicle spawns to Deer Isle, trucks and BMWs should now spawn there as well.

Thought about limiting the amount of constructable items a player can place to a smaller number?

Would have to setup a custom database for this going off of build-logs and a system to warn/inform a player they have reached their limit though. So all in all might not make much of a difference in terms of implementing new things that cause latency or performance drops to remove things that caused the same amount. /shrug

@Cole Isnt that literally metagaming doe?

5 minutes ago, Mellstrom said:

@Cole Isnt that literally metagaming doe?

Story wasn't on DayzRP, but yes it would be.

Edited by Cole

RIP all the Gear RPers, waiting for the "Increase item spawns back to how they used to be, I can't find anything" posts.

For real, this is for the betterment of server performance as well as making it harder to survive in a world that should be hard to do so. GG rolle 😍

I keep on telling myself I am not attached to gear, I  really want to be that guy that's not attached to gear.

At the same time there is that feeling of dread showing me that I am afraid to log in now, because -what if- I lose that gear and can't find something else for weeks.  😅

If server performance issues persist, would you consider:

• restricting building to official groups and/or letting non-official groups and players only fence and/or re-enforce a very small size e.g. a house and the area within existing fences of those houses);
  • making it so that guns/rifles simply cant be stored in tents or lockers in addition to the current restrictions (or at least military style weapons if this is possible);
  • restricting the number of tents that a base can store or removing the craft-able ones (as I see a lot of these in bases now)?

Not going to lie im a little happy about finding less gear as ive never had an issue finding anything im looking for, id pretty much go to a couple towns and find everything i need/wanted so im glad these changes were put in effect and not only just for the server performance but the looting aspect as well.

This will make it so bigger groups will have an even higher percentage of decent guns, allowing them to more easily dominate smaller groups/people on their own.

Other changes I agree with though.

Edit: Just looted all of Tisy and could barely find literally anything let alone a gun. This ain't it chief.

Edited by Squillium

Update.

Server performance still tanked last night, despite all efforts above. It wasn't as bad as before, but still quite unplayable I can imagine.

Haven't done the base cleanup yet though, so I hope that will make the largest difference and once I get to it tonight it will help. If not, we will have to consider a wipe.

In my opinion, from the hour or two that I played after the changes were made, the server seemed fine and didn't appear to have much if any desync.

Server was a lot better last night for me, I have to say.

Edited by Ryan Shepherd

To help improve server performance the following was done:

• All improvised tents, lockers and first aid kits have been deleted

The following will be done in the evening:

• Manual cleaning sweep of abandoned fences (currently ~1650 fences on the server)

14 minutes ago, Roland said:

The following will be done in the evening:

• Manual cleaning sweep of abandoned fences (currently ~1650 fences on the server)

Best option for server stability will be completely disable base building and leave it to the approved group settlement system. This would:

1. Help server performance with no construction objects being made
2. Make people nomadic where they need to move around for items (plus see others in different places for RP)
3. Limit the amount of loot hording 

We went 5 or so years without base building, just limit people back to the good old days of putting a tent in the middle of the woods.