Server time (UTC): 2019-12-12, 18:01 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Alan Woods

S1: Zelenogorsk BadRP, Disregard for Hostage safety 10.30 Server Time

Server and location: Serve 1 Chernarus ; Zelengorsk 

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 12/11/2019 10.30 Server Time

Your in game name: Mihai Nedelcu

Names of allies involved: Guy named Dareth

Name of suspect/s: @Mortalis and some other dude that I don't know of

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): None

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

I would like to point out this :

initiate.PNG.4afdfbc964ed9dad1a287dfbb6574bc2.PNG

I personally did not get the initiation, but I still returned back and complied, even when I had 2 people keeping their guns pointed at me for no absolute reason initally, other than to rob me of my stuff.

I got a bad robbery experience, I was held up in the middle of a military base, that is always full of zombies, got shot for a shitty demand, got shot again (by accident) and then left to die to zombies with my hands tied.

I have talked with the accused, but his responses did not satisfy me, so I have decided to make a report and have it looked over the staff team.

Edited by Alan Woods
Added some details I missed when I wrote it down

KILL LOGS

Spoiler

10:31:26 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" (DEAD) killed by ZmbM_PatrolNormal_Flat
10:34:00 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" (DEAD) died.

HIT LOGS

Spoiler

10:27:29 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by Player "TJ Guccih" with Nailed Bat
10:27:31 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by ZmbM_PatrolNormal_PautRev
10:27:32 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by Player "TJ Guccih" with Nailed Bat
10:27:32 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by Player "TJ Guccih" with Nailed Bat
10:27:33 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by ZmbM_PatrolNormal_PautRev
10:27:33 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by Player "TJ Guccih" with Nailed Bat
10:27:34 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by ZmbM_PatrolNormal_PautRev
10:30:28 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by Player "Clint Westwood" with UMP-45 from 1.89483 meters 
10:30:41 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by Player "Clint Westwood" with UMP-45 from 1.89483 meters 
10:31:00 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by ZmbM_ConstrWorkerNormal_Black
10:31:01 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by ZmbM_SoldierNormal
10:31:02 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by ZmbM_ConstrWorkerNormal_Black
10:31:05 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by ZmbM_ConstrWorkerNormal_Black
10:31:06 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by ZmbM_SoldierNormal
10:31:07 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by ZmbM_ConstrWorkerNormal_Black
10:31:08 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by ZmbM_ConstrWorkerNormal_Black
10:31:10 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by ZmbM_ConstrWorkerNormal_Black
10:31:11 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by ZmbM_PatrolNormal_Summer
10:31:12 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by Player "Clint Westwood" with UMP-45 from 7.42062 meters 
10:31:13 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by ZmbM_PatrolNormal_Summer
10:31:13 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by Player "Clint Westwood" with UMP-45 from 6.7932 meters 
10:31:15 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by ZmbM_PatrolNormal_Summer
10:31:16 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by ZmbM_PatrolNormal_Summer
10:31:18 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by ZmbM_PatrolNormal_Summer
10:31:19 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by ZmbM_PatrolNormal_Summer
10:31:21 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by ZmbM_PatrolNormal_Flat
10:31:22 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by ZmbM_PatrolNormal_PautRev
10:31:22 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by ZmbM_PatrolNormal_Flat
10:31:23 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by ZmbM_PatrolNormal_PautRev
10:31:24 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by ZmbM_PatrolNormal_Summer
10:31:24 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by is unconscious
10:31:26 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" hit by ZmbM_PatrolNormal_Flat

CONNECTION LOGS

Spoiler

10:00:10 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" is connected
10:15:16 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" has been disconnected
10:24:54 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" is connected
-DEAD-
11:06:52 | Player "Mihai Nedelcu" has been disconnected

09:46:28 | Player "Clint Westwood" is connected
10:15:16 | Player "Clint Westwood" has been disconnected
10:18:23 | Player "Clint Westwood" is connected
10:24:00 | Player "Clint Westwood" is connected
10:50:51 | Player "Clint Westwood" has been disconnected

09:45:53 | Player "TJ Guccih" is connected
10:15:16 | Player "TJ Guccih" has been disconnected
10:24:00 | Player "TJ Guccih" is connected
10:50:01 | Player "TJ Guccih" has been disconnected

09:46:20 | Player "John Mortensen" is connected
10:15:16 | Player "John Mortensen" has been disconnected
10:19:45 | Player "John Mortensen" is connected
-SERVER DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE-

POSITION LOGS

Spoiler

10:10:53 | Player "John Mortensen" (pos=<2522.7, 5066.6, 193.6>) 

Calling in the following individuals for their POV and any un-edited video evidence they may have.

@Alan Woods - Mihai Nedelcu - OP
 @Mortalis - Clint Westwood - 
 @ApocalypseVVolf - TJ Guccih - 
 @darethima - John Mortensen - 

Due to the evidence provided in this report @ApocalypseVVolf and @Mortalis will be temporarily banned from our servers until this is resolved.

@Mortalis @ApocalypseVVolf in addition to explaining what happened to Alan Woods, we'd like an explanation as to why you logged out less than 30 minutes after killing him?

i rejoined the server after the crash to continue rp then i spawn in and have a gun in my face i have 5 sec to get on ground before i get blasted and the buildings havnt even spawned in. cant move at all untill he hits 2 on his count down and i get down and complie he takes my ump and my hand gun my knife and asks me for handcuffs to give him. i drop my bag as he asked then server crashed and i couldnt get on agian i tried a few times before giveing up

I have added the second video, that focuses on the encounter with one of the accused before the restart. As it is clearly seen, no initiation was made and not even his friend took out his gun trying to show a sign of said initiation, therefore I could've easily not logged back, but still as a good person that I am, I returned only to suffer through this horrible and incompetent robbery.

Okay, I wanted to highlight the problems of this encounter, bring out these issues and tell how events would've played out if you actually knew how to rob people and treat hostages.

First, I log back in and I am met with 2 people that were pointing guns at me, clearly one state they initiated, but my other video will show I received nothing, but being responsible person, I log back in shortly after them and I comply, like a good hostage that I am.

First thing that was bad was that you tied my hands immediately, an AOGM, to have quick and easy access to my inventory and strip me of all my guns and other stuff. 

This is not OKAY, normally people drop their stuff and then you take them to a secure location, tie them up and frisk them. This was not the case tho 😞

Secondly, throughout most of the encounter, you are silent as you enjoy my guns and my other stuff. When I try to talk with you, I am told to shut up, so I do, because I am a responsible hostage and I care for my life.

Now I will bring out this rule

4.4 Hostile situations must focus on the role play experience of both attackers and victims. Both sides should actively participate and contribute to role play in all situations, any disputes or issues can be discussed and resolved afterwards.

As an attacker you may NOT:

Attack other players just for the sake of gear by doing a quick robbery that involves little to no role play.

Ignore your victims. You must provide an engaging role play to keep things interesting for the victims at all times.

I participated but after getting shut down because my guns were much more important, I decided to speak only when asked. I kept asking for the zombies to be eliminated as they usually aggro to Voice Chat, but again I get shut down. Then your friend poorly attempts to kill it and you almost kill me instead. 

How do you cope with that?
You break character and laugh at me.

Then what do you do? 

You start engaging with me, only to be met by your friend taking my vodka bottle and making me drink it fully, possibly getting my character sick. Also you decide to Power Game me by trying to burn me with a cigarette, even tho you did not ask permissions.

What do I do? I roll with it to see what is gonna happen next. 

I know you told me that the sound you made was you spitting tobacco, but that is too much of a coincidence in this case.

Then your friend decides to pump it up and take a blowtorch, trying to scar me even more ( I think), all whilst laughing OOC because of the situation.

Then you go on and troll me with other stuff, like trying to scare me with an unloaded gun, demanding that I say " I am a naughty boy" and your friend constantly threatening me to make me eat as much as possible, in order to kill me by food poisoning I assume.

During your infamous and last demand, you decide it's best to shoot me everytime I don't respect your demand, therefore damaging me quite a lot and you could've even killed me, therefore breaking another rule....In the process of all this you attracted an entire military base plus a part of the town of infected to attack.

Honestly, if it weren't for the zombies, I was expecting that I get Power Gamed into some ERP, seeing as you treated me.

This brings me to this rule:

4.6 If you successfully capture a player through a hostile action and then take him into your custody, he is now considered your hostage. You must do everything in your power to keep your hostages alive and in a relatively good health. That includes protecting them from external threats like zombies and leaving them with a realistic chance of survival when they are released. A character that is taken hostage may be executed once for a hostile incident that happened in the past where the hostage was personally responsible for, or participated in a death of your ally. In any other circumstances, hostages may only be executed in the following scenarios:

Hostages do not comply with your demands after repeated requests or try to escape.

Hostages pose a direct threat to you or your group, for example by picking up a weapon when not allowed to.

Hostages do not value their life, for example they repeatedly talk back or insult you despite being told to stop.

Approved group of the hostage or their allies refuse to negotiate or open fire on hostage takers.

Demands from negotiations with approved group of the hostage have not been met after a reasonable time has elapsed.

As you can see, you treated me like shit, even tho I complied through all your demands, you put my life in danger attracting all those zombies, shot me again (by mistake but still) and disregarded my life, all while laughing and breaking character AGAIN, leaving me dead for the zombies, with my hands tied, while you went and took cover in the building.

This, combined with @darethimaPOV and combat logging which makes matter even worse, just shows how you just used a poor excuse of RP to just get some fancy guns or whatever you wanted. 

Even tho I tried to talk to you and get you to understand what you did wrong, you kept saying that this is a "human error", a bullshit excuse to get rid of me trying to criticise and help you and not do any rulebreaks. You even left the channel while I was talking, which just shows how much you care about this whole thing. @Sungwas present through the whole discussion.

With this, I will not post anymore unless requested by the other Staff members or the accused party.

eca.jpg

Edited by Alan Woods

i tried to laod the game several times and had the game crash i was unable to rejoin and i did try. i just want that stated

I will be responding to this topic as soon as I’m in front of a proper keyboard, I’m in class at the moment.

the other person will be asleep until later today.

Edited by Mortalis

Hello,

This will be my personal POV to the situation

Me and my friend were at the military base when we spotted two guys, from there I sent my friend to go talk to them while I scouted them out. From there, my friend went to go talk to the two guys, after a bit of conversation, as seen in the second video, The server had a reset. From there, the server came back up and me and my friend got back onto the server. We noticed the two men were not back, so we decided to go ahead and loot. After a bit, one of the gentlemen came back, which was not Alan Woods. From there, me and my friend initiated on the single male after a short conversation. We were in the middle of the RP situation when the server timed out, hence the reason I ask if I could continue the RP situation when the server came up on discord. When we got back on, me and my friend waited for the male to get on. Alan Woods was the person to log on, which we instantly initiated because we were already in an active scenario with his friend, (who did not come back to the server after the crash by the way.) From there we began the RP scenario with Alan. When we first arrived to the area, there were no zombies, After the reset, we failed to notice the amount of zombies that spawned in. During the RP scenario, we ended up shooting Alan in the Knee for not corresponding to our commands of saying, "Im a naughty boy," which we did warn would happen if he did not comply. After That, we were attacked by almost 20+ zombies that we did not know were around. We tried out best to defend the hostage, but did not have the proper weapons to kill the mass amount of zombies that appeared, This is where our mistake was made. Alan also claimed that I burned him with a cig, but I never Initiated the scenario where I actually burned him, so that never actually happened. After Alan's death, I join the discord with him by request, and tried to explain to him why I was sorry, and also explained the situation and how we could of done better. Alan was being rather stubborn, and would not accept what I was saying, calling me dumb and ignorant for the stuff I did. I decided it would be best if we took it up over a forum report so I left the discord and awaited this report. 

The issues that pertain- Not protecting the Hostage, Cig Burn, Lack Of RP.

I believe that there wasn't enough RP involved, but we were in the middle of the RP when the zombies attacked.

I believe that the amount of zombies was underestimated, causing us to panic and not be able to protect Alan, even though we tried our best, including bandaging him.

Cig Burn- I never initiated the RP where I actually burned him, therefore I believe that Alan is mistaken.

I am sorry to Alan for causing him trouble last night and it was my fault in the end, but I just hope you understand the situation and why it went wrong.

Uh the hitting with the bat was accidental when I was trying to hit the zombies around him, I even bandaged him afterwards, this was my first robbery so I feel hella bad. I was pretty tired after the whole situation it was like 5 am, we stuck around for like 20-30 minutes but I had already been speaking of logging off before this happened. This was just a big fuck up if I'm being completely honest, didn't want the fella to die but I also didn't wanna die myself. Also I don't have recording of the situation for my own POV, but again, this was my first robbery and didn't intend for the guy to die. Don't know what else to say. I did feed him a vodka bottle but uh, definitely didn't keep trying to feed him after that. I pulled out a blowtorch just to scare the fellow, never initiated rp to burn him with the blowtorch either, he responded with "GET AWAY FROM ME WITH THAT FLAME", he didn't roleplay any physical pain, so I presume he wasn't "scarred". Perhaps he should've asked us to bring him into a building if he felt unsafe, but to my knowledge he didn't request that, he asked us to "kill the zombies" which I did "poorly". I just rolled with the situation.  Also if you check my character, laughing is something my character does, so you can't really say I broke character, that is my character. Sorry that this happened though.

Edited by ApocalypseVVolf

13 hours ago, Mortalis said:

We tried out best to defend the hostage, but did not have the proper weapons to kill the mass amount of zombies that appeared, This is where our mistake was made.

Oh yes you did, you did take my AK, an MP7 and a a Skorpio, plus the 2 pistols I had, you had a choice of guns to choose from without reloading.

After Alan's death, I join the discord with him by request, and tried to explain to him why I was sorry, and also explained the situation and how we could of done better. Alan was being rather stubborn, and would not accept what I was saying, calling me dumb and ignorant for the stuff I did.

Stubborn and insulting ? No. I only insult family and friends. Also, I was aggressive in my tone, but after hearing a pathetic excuse like "human error" I knew you were oblivious of rules and how Hostile encounters work.

I believe that there wasn't enough RP involved, but we were in the middle of the RP when the zombies attacked.

You had the time to RP, but the first minutes you and your friend were too amazed at my gear and remained silent until you stripped me of most of the stuff.

Cig Burn- I never initiated the RP where I actually burned him, therefore I believe that Alan is mistaken.

Do you know how scarring works ? Let me help you out :

3.7 You are not allowed to force an action, condition or belief through role play upon another players character unless the action is specifically consented to by the other player using OOC text. This is called power gaming. Certain extreme role play like rape is not allowed at all and is considered power gaming regardless of consent.

Did you ask for permissions before hand? No. 

12 hours ago, ApocalypseVVolf said:

I did feed him a vodka bottle but uh, definitely didn't keep trying to feed him after that

As you've seen in the video, I had full food, vodka, which strangely gives more food than water, could've possibly poisoned me and made me sick. Again, you forced an action on me before trying to ask for permissions.

Also you forgot to explain why you logged out earlier than the combat timer explained here :

4.5 Combat logging is leaving the server during or shortly after a hostile situation or when your character is still involved in active role play. After a hostile action has occurred where you were involved, you may only log out from the game after a minimum of 30 minutes have passed since you broke the line of sight with others involved in that situation. This rule can be ignored if the other players give you OK to log out earlier.

Now, this shows your sub par hostile RP and how you don't even know the rules. People who engage into these encounters, take time and don't do it on the run, but rather make encounter enjoyable and decently long. You were just there to rob me of my stuff, try to powergame me and in the process got me killed because of your inexperience.

Uh the hitting with the bat was accidental when I was trying to hit the zombies around him, I even bandaged him afterwards, this was my first robbery so I feel hella bad.

Accidental ? I don't think so, but I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt as DayZ hitboxes are strange.

I was pretty tired after the whole situation it was like 5 am, we stuck around for like 20-30 minutes but I had already been speaking of logging off before this happened.

Then why didn't you just log off directly? As I said, Hostile RP interactions require time and if you didn't have any, you shouldn't have engaged into one.

Perhaps he should've asked us to bring him into a building if he felt unsafe, but to my knowledge he didn't request that, he asked us to "kill the zombies" which I did "poorly". I just rolled with the situation.

I am not the one to request such a thing, you are the one responsible for me and my safety. As I said, I complied, therefore I put my life and safety in your hands until the end of the encounter, that should've ended in me being released or executed for whatever reason you had.

If you have no experience or time to dedicate in this type or roleplay, DO NOT ENGAGE in this type of roleplay.

Edited by Alan Woods

SUMMARY: 

@Alan Woods is around Zelenogorsk military, he is approached by two individuals. The server restarts and @Alan Woods logs back in to @Mortalis and @ApocalypseVVolf aiming weapons at him. @Alan Woods complies and is tied up in the open of the military base, whilst @Mortalis and @ApocalypseVVolf search through his gear in silence. There is minimal roleplay, with @Mortalis claiming to put a cigarette out on @Alan Woods's neck. They end up attracting attention from a nearby infected, leaving @Alan Woods helpless as it attacks him. The infected is killed, with @Alan Woods being hit several times as well as being hit with the nailed bat @ApocalypseVVolf is using. They provide little RP before more infected are drawn to a gunshot, and they are overrun. @Mortalis and @ApocalypseVVolf abandon their restrained hostage as he is swarmed, locking themselves inside a building, and @Alan Woods subsequently dies as a result of the barrage. He is unable to fight back. @ApocalypseVVolf and @Mortalis both log before their 30 minute combat timers.

RULEBREAKS:

@ApocalypseVVolf + @Mortalis
Here I will break down each rulebreak for you.

1. The situation brought to us in this report is absolutely unacceptable. The 'roleplay' provided was incredibly minimal, you were clearly only focused on @Alan Woods's gear, you failed to engage with your hostage and failed to protect him whilst he was in your care. 

Long silences of your hostage being ignored or told to "shut up" whilst you tie them up and rifle through their gear is not what we want to see on this server. It's boring for your hostage, and proves you don't care about providing decent roleplay for those you are hostile with. GearRP is not something we accept, as per the following rule:

Spoiler

4.4 Hostile situations must focus on the role play experience of both attackers and victims. Both sides should actively participate and contribute to role play in all situations, any disputes or issues can be discussed and resolved afterwards.

As an attacker you may NOT:

• Attack other players just for the sake of gear by doing a quick robbery that involves little to no role play.
  • Ignore your victims. You must provide an engaging role play to keep things interesting for the victims at all times.

2. Whilst you have a hostage in your possession, you are responsible for that hostage's life. He or she is now under your care and you have a duty to ensure their safety whilst they are compliant. This means giving them food and water if they need it, bandaging any wounds they may receive and protecting them from infected. You showed little care for your hostage, leaving him out in the open, tied up and helpless, as you got yourselves to safety. He died as a result of your neglect. The following rule was broken here:

Spoiler

4.6 If you successfully capture a player through a hostile action and then take him into your custody, he is now considered your hostage. You must do everything in your power to keep your hostages alive and in a relatively good health. That includes protecting them from external threats like zombies and leaving them with a realistic chance of survival when they are released.

3. You MUST ask permission to torture or scar another player, even if it is something as small as a cigarette. This would be considered powergaming:

Spoiler

3.7 You are not allowed to force an action, condition or belief through role play upon another players character unless the action is specifically consented to by the other player using OOC text. This is called power gaming. Certain extreme role play like rape is not allowed at all and is considered power gaming regardless of consent.

4. The two of you log out before your 30 minute combat timers are up. You log almost exactly 16 minutes after @Alan Woods dies to the infected you brought upon him. This is not acceptable. Regardless of what you have to do, we require players involved in hostilities to wait at least 30 minutes before logging out once the hostile act is over and line of sight has been broken. 

Spoiler

4.5 Combat logging is leaving the server during or shortly after a hostile situation or when your character is still involved in active role play. After a hostile action has occurred where you were involved, you may only log out from the game after a minimum of 30 minutes have passed since you broke the line of sight with others involved in that situation. This rule can be ignored if the other players give you OK to log out earlier.

All in all, this entire situation was abysmal from start to finish. You broke multiple rules in this engagement, giving @Alan Woods an atrocious RP experience. This is not something we will tolerate. You are new to the community and are new players, and we hope you will take the time to re-read the rules page and get more familiar with hostile roleplay and the rights and rules surrounding it.

Due to the unacceptable roleplay and rulebreaks in this report, the staff have agreed to aggravate your punishment.

SUGGESTIONS:

• Ensure your hostages are receiving appropriate roleplay - make sure the experience is fun for them and engage with them as much as possible.
  • Take your hostages to a safe location, preferably indoors, away from any potential threats like infected or wolves.
  • Transporting your hostage is slower when their hands are up/tied. To move your hostage to safety quickly, you may get them to drop their weapons and raise one hand (waving). This allows them to jog along with you whilst also showing their compliance.
  • Ask permission before scarring or torturing your hostages.
  • Consider speaking to veteran hostile roleplayers and getting some advice on how to properly engage with hostages. Perhaps ask to tag along with them and see how they play things out, or consider joining a group to guide you.
  • ALWAYS wait at least 30 minutes before logging out once a hostile situation is over, unless you get permission from the hostages. If you need to log urgently and you are unsure of who to contact, get in touch with a staff member immediately via the discord helpdesk and we can put you in touch. 

VERDICT:

@Mortalis | BadRP/Combat Logging | 7 day ban & 15 Warning Points (AGGRAVATED)
@ApocalypseVVolf | BadRP/Combat Logging | 7 day ban & 15 Warning Points (AGGRAVATED)

SIGNED: @Fae, @Hofer and @PaulB