Server time (UTC): 2019-12-13, 04:00 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Saunders

Interview With A Community Member: Mademoiselle

image.png

Welcome! For this week of Interview with a Community Member we have @Mademoiselle

This interview is to get to know the members of our community, and hopefully bring the community together. Comment who you want to see being interviewed next week!

Thanks to @Mademoiselle for participating!

Tell Us About Yourself?

Spoiler

I'm a 22 year old makeup artist and cosplayer. 
I like long walks on the beach and---

Oh... This isn't one of these? 

I'm obsessed with Bioshock. Hello, yes I am the Bioshock Queen. I currently own 74 items that are Bioshock and have 3 (soon to be 4) tattoos of the game. Troy Baker is literally my idol and Rosalind Lutece is and always will be my most favourite character of all time.

My music taste varies. One moment I love Opera, the next heavy metal, the next musicals - pop - punk - reggae - orchesta - classical - drag/queer - rock - alternative - dance. I'm like a girl who can't make her mind up on what clothing she wants to wear. It changes on a daily basis.

As mentioned I am a makeup artist. I've participated in competitions and use my skill for cosplaying. I range from bridal, special effects, facepainting, avante garde, fashion etc. 

If not, I go and help my friends build their portfolios with makeup modelling. Normally it's easier to model for them so I don't have to waste time doing the makeup on someone else and meeting up as I've already done it and travelled to the location.

Other than that, I work in retail currently but have also been trained to deal with travel currency. I was the first to create a record of the first month being in my job of selling the most in the North-West region.

How did you find out about DayZRP, and what made you want to join?

Spoiler

Funny thing is, I watched TheSyndicateProject which I discovered Mr. Moon in his baby days. Because of this I visited Moon and Kiwo's streams where eventually Kiwo invited me to her Teamspeak and I made a load of friends such as BlackJamMoonWolf, Spencer and Shadows. They saved up for me to have DayZ and mentioned a DayZ server which I think it was @Yoshi who i met as me and Spencer joined FriendlyInCherno's RP server (RIP) and well...

Here I am.

Sorry.

If you could thank one person for helping you get started here who would it be?

Spoiler

Oh boy. My mind went blank for a moment like when you ask what you want as a birthday or Christmas present...

I'd have to say @Yoshi - he brought me here and some of my greatest friends and memories were made because of it.

What could we do, as the staff team, to make this a better place? 

Spoiler

Gonna be completely honest, I don't even take notice. After being Gamemaster I needed a break. So all I can recall from the staff team that I worked with is that they should've worked together instead of being grouped as pairs. It kind of separated the staff team and to be honest it was stressful just trying to cooperate sometimes.

But again, it may of all changed now. It is stressful and it's alright for the staff to breaks. You become first before anyone else. That goes to ALL roles.

What is your most memorable experience(IC/OOC) here? 

Spoiler

In-Character:

Meika / Blue
 Shutting the door constantly in Aleksei's face and him getting frustrated.
Shooting the bow and arrow and ending up shooting a stick in a guy's leg.

Dr. Faith Capella
Her psychogenic stuttering was fun but I got a stutter IRL from it and had to stop.

Yelena
I played schizophernic audio whilst playing her when things got tough. One of my most popular characters on twitch stream. 

Diadora
She was my sadistic most fucked up character to a point where I remember making Elmo nearly throw up from the torture roleplay I was providing.

Out of Character:

Making the friends I have today. The ones that have stuck around, put up with my petty ass bullshit and mental breakdowns. The ones who know I need space and need company.
❤️ 

We end up playing games, just talking, watching films or chill etc

Do you regret doing anything in your time here?

Spoiler

A lot of things. But I hate dwelling on the past. 
I wish I could get along with people.
I wish I hadn't of been childish at some points in my life.
I wish I could take back words.

There are a lot of things that I wish but we can all do that.

Just have to learn from them.

If you had to live in a jail cell with four people from this community who would it be?

Spoiler

Oh jeez, none of them! (I kidd)

@Jsesse White - Honestly he just makes me happy. His comedy just puts a smile on my face and all my worries leave in my small little world. I need a good laugh.

@Zombru - Just his grumpy ass ❤️ And so he can tell me to shut up everytime I annoy him.

@Squillium - I need someone to bully to make myself feel better. Dweeb.

@Ronnie - Cause he needs to bully me so Squillium doesn't feel like an outcast.

I'd pick more but I'm not allowed...

What's your current favourite song/artist?

Spoiler

Do I have to pick one 😞 Don't do this to me! As mentioned before, Poets of the Fall, Blackout Problems and Todrick Hall. I'm gonna be cheeky and link 3 songs (one from each):

What has been your favourite character you have played on the server and why?

Spoiler

Preston Fleetley - She had Multiple Personality Disorder. 3 personas. Kinsley, Oriel and Rosalind. Oriel (male persona) was the main persona to take the light to protect Preston. Which ended up a warlord falling in love with Oriel, not Preston. When Oriel thought Preston would be safe with Eddie and co. He let Preston take back her life. Which ended up her being forced married even though Eddie and Thomas attempted to explain she had Multiple Personality Disorder. Whilst being cared for Preston fell for Eddie and his non-judgemental mentality which ended up getting them both killed. Oriel came back and took light for Preston to run away when Awimba threatened to kill her and ended up being shot by her close friend Aidan. When Eddie attempted revenge, Aidan lied about Eddie and killed him before ending up realising he murdered two innocent people and killed himself.

Extra characters I wanna mention:

Meika Dellouise - A kid with amnesia who learned her moral compass of right and wrong from her adoptive fathers (who were from Anarchy) were actually psychopathic tendencies. As well as the torture from Joey Thompson, a jealous man who wanted to get back at Anarchy but angry because Meika aka Blue didn't see him as a father figure. The same as Mr. White who ended up trying to corrupt her in killing him but only made her grow from it. She's a sarcastic psychotic little shit but I love it.

Minnie McKaine - Doing palm and tarot card readings which freaked people out a lot when I somehow related to them. Since I'm a spiritualist in real life, it was easily done to play this character out. Since I made her Irish, I was known as a Gypsy a lot.

What do you feel is missing from the community?

Spoiler

I feel as if the community is divided maturity wise. I know I'm not an OG and I can't say much but my views on things change constantly the more I mature. I have ran over a lot of conflicts and problems in the years here and honestly it gets to a point it's silly. 

I feel like the community needs to express with an open mind and not take everything so seriously. It's a game. You die. It's not the end of the world. Mistakes happen - you learn from them. Try and not get salty if things don't go your way - whilst I say this and of course I get frustrated - we all do.

But just talk things out.

We're all adults here.

No point making everyone feel shit when they whole world is falling apart as it is.

Do you have any hidden talents?

Spoiler

I guess I could say singing and different accents? It's not much and nothing special. I get told i'm good but I know I'm complete shite. But yeah. 

I guess if it was to tell you my main talent would be my makeup artistry.

What was the origin of your username?  

Spoiler

God this is going to make me sound like a rich asshole. I promise you I saved up. But Coco Chanel has a perfume called Mademoiselle and it smells AMAZING. As well as that, my favourite film Beauty and the Beast - Lumiere says "Ma chere Mademoiselle." I just love that line. It stuck with me. Plus I've had so many names on here I've almost lost count. Just for fun I'll tell you the other user names I've had. Deep breath:

Skeleton
Hope
Mercy
Pisces
Faith
Horoscope
Panicathelena
Geisha

Sure I had more but it's been so long.

Aha, so we can blame Kiwo for you. Got it 😛

Good interview @Mademoiselle

GG!

@Mademoiselle

I owe you more than I can say for keeping me involved and gripped by roleplay on the server. The dynamic we had between Lawrence and Yelena will always be up there as my favourite character relationships standing xoxo.

We haven’t spoken much since you had a lil’ break but discord DMs always open if you wanna shoot the shit again! Miss u papi.

(Also that jail cell be poppin) 

...I'll be in a jail cell with you and Lawrence? Sounds like a fucking party

Finally I learned the difference between Preston and Rosalind... my head still hurts!!!! XD!

You and @FireDude made it so complicated, so many lies... I got involved in that story, and I am still learning things about it! XD!

Piccadilly Pisces best medical RP

12 hours ago, Zanaan said:

Aha, so we can blame Kiwo for you. Got it 😛

Good interview @Mademoiselle

sorry dog GIF

12 hours ago, Geraldray08 said:

GG!

so what shrug GIF

12 hours ago, TheMrGasMask said:

high five schitts creek GIF by CBC

11 hours ago, Jsesse White said:

@Mademoiselle

I owe you more than I can say for keeping me involved and gripped by roleplay on the server. The dynamic we had between Lawrence and Yelena will always be up there as my favourite character relationships standing xoxo.

We haven’t spoken much since you had a lil’ break but discord DMs always open if you wanna shoot the shit again! Miss u papi.

(Also that jail cell be poppin) 

Always on discord as well buddy ❤️ But Lawrence and Yelena is love and life. Best duo. XD To say she's mostly nationalist Lawrence brings out the soft side xoxo

11 hours ago, Ronnie said:

...I'll be in a jail cell with you and Lawrence? Sounds like a fucking party

the office party hard GIF

10 hours ago, Azu said:

Well.

joseph gordon levitt wink GIF

9 hours ago, William89 said:

Finally I learned the difference between Preston and Rosalind... my head still hurts!!!! XD!

Well if you ever need anything explaining my DMs are always open!

9 hours ago, Squillium said:

Piccadilly Pisces best medical RP

ohhhh yeaaahhh!

Love it, Miss Hope with a brilliant insight.

3 minutes ago, BearRP said:

Love it, Miss Hope with a brilliant insight.

^_^

❤️ 

Good Interview 😄 totally understand the wish to get along with people. Sadly 50% is not in our hands but theirs. I had good times meeting Hope and it was fun the fear Diadora brought to the server. Thank you for sharing so much.

Great interview was good to read more about you, Thank you for taking the time to tell us a bit more about yourself