Server time (UTC): 2019-12-13, 04:02 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
MasonWB

S1 KOS, Attempted Kos, Rule 4.10 Server time (UTC): 2019-11-11, 06:41

Server and location:  S1 Green Mountain

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME):   Server time (UTC): 2019-11-11, 06:41

Your in game name:  Noah Russo

Names of allies involved:  Riley Lux, @silvermoongaming

Name of suspect/s:  Unkown

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any):  None

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

Detailed description of the events:  Me and Riley are rocking up to GM to RP with whoever is there, when we walk up, after I say hello, I hear a loud explosion and turn to see Riley is dead on the floor. We have had 0 hostile interaction over the last 4 hours and no reason for us to be killed. We walked up and got blown up by a landmine.

KILL LOGS

Spoiler

06:28:49 | Player "Riley Lux" (DEAD) killed by Player "Kayn Maguire" with Land Mine

HIT LOGS

Spoiler

06:28:49 | Player "Riley Lux" hit by Player "Kayn Maguire" with LandMineExplosion into (-1) for 90.5529 damage (LandMineExplosion)
06:28:49 | Player "Noah Russo" hit by Player "Kayn Maguire" with LandMineExplosion into (-1) for 1.55164 damage (LandMineExplosion)

CHAT LOGS

Spoiler

06:33:54 | Chat("Kayn Maguire"): //Holy shit

Calling in the following individuals for their full POV and any un-edited video evidence they may have. 

@MasonnWB - Noah Russo - OP
 @silvermoongaming - Riley Lux - POSTED
 @IamGhost - Kayn Maguire - 

As @IamGhost is currently online he has been temp banned for not responding to this report.

Ok, for one, it made my alt account, (This) my to way use the server, and forums. Someone attacked or attempted to hold up us at green mountain so I was told to place my one landmine outside. I listened because Icly, he told me to and he was the "Captain." Later, he got off (Ooc) and I was watching the gate. The Mine went off and killed her, I assumed since It was placed to defend, it was an actual kill so I played it off as nothing because no-one oocly mentioned it. I haven't checked forums, since I had no reason to. I didn't mean to ignore this thread.

6 minutes ago, IamGhost said:

Ok, for one, it made my alt account, (This) my to way use the server, and forums. Someone attacked or attempted to hold up us at green mountain so I was told to place my one landmine outside. I listened because Icly, he told me to and he was the "Captain." Later, he got off (Ooc) and I was watching the gate. The Mine went off and killed her, I assumed since It was placed to defend, it was an actual kill so I played it off as nothing because no-one oocly mentioned it. I haven't checked forums, since I had no reason to. I didn't mean to ignore this thread.

What do you mean by alt account?

This is a discord account I made for my cousin, this was used on my web browser. I for some reason made this my main discord account for the forums, for which it's not and I haven't changed yet. So, I didn't have discord open on this account, nor forums. SO, It wasn't intentional to ignore the thread.

4 minutes ago, IamGhost said:

This is a discord account I made for my cousin, this was used on my web browser. I for some reason made this my main discord account for the forums, for which it's not and I haven't changed yet. So, I didn't have discord open on this account, nor forums. SO, It wasn't intentional to ignore the thread.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by alt account, and mixing Discord into this.

Do you have more accounts than this one on our webpage?

Oh my... No, when I made my account. It used this discord account, making it EXTRA HARD for me to use discord, and forums for the server. I was listening to someone Icly telling me to place it, I didn't realize this would be the outcome, or even Noah and Riley specifically would die. It was literally an accident, and I have to open chrome to check forums, causing my cpu to spike, and I didn't have a reason to open it, so I didn't??

VERDICT

@IamGhost - Invalid Kill (on sight), Attempted Invalid Kill (on sight) - GUILTY

REASON

As per rule 4.10 on our forums you are not supposed to place landmines outside of camps where players may roam unless you are 100% sure you have kill rights on the player crossing the mine. Please read the following.

4.10 Deployable weapons such as land mines, bear traps and similar items work in two different ways:

When deployed by the base owners inside a walled off and closed base, these weapons will be treated as defensive measures and thus any kills done by them will be considered valid even without any kill rights

When deployed anywhere or by anyone else they will be treated the same as any other weapon, so for example:

If someone gets injured or killed by your mine or trap which you placed in the middle of a town or a forest, it will be treated the same way as if you shot/killed them on sight with a gun

If an enemy you have valid kill rights on steps on your mine, the kill will be considered valid

With the above ruling you are therefore guilty. Do not place mines anywhere, except for inside your own camp. If you place it outside you must be sure that you have kill rights on the player stepping on it.

You never know when an innocent player might stumble across your mine.

Even if another player told you to do so, you are responsible for your own actions, and for the kills that happened due to the mine.

If you happen to place a mine in the future there are two solutions to removing it, to avoid this happening again.

• Shoot the mine or step on the mine.
  • Call a staff member in Helpdesk and see if there is a Gamemaster or and Admin available to help you remove it.

With that said.

OUTCOME

@IamGhost - Invalid Kill (on sight), Attempted Invalid Kill (on sight) - 7 DAY BAN, 10 WARNING POINTS, WHITELIST REVOKED

Signed @Hofer, @Fae & @Conor